Name: Kelly

Re: Great thread - fat fonts and faded bezels

Post by kfalk » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Dang, there is some hotness there.

jbsf3
Name: Jason

Post by jbsf3 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:16 am

Nice. Interesting to see some of the older bezel inserts with the insert cracked where the pearl used to be. Wonder if those will stay in the bezel being cracked like that?

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:26 am

jbsf3 wrote:Nice. Interesting to see some of the older bezel inserts with the insert cracked where the pearl used to be. Wonder if those will stay in the bezel being cracked like that?
They will, most people put a dab of gorilla glue or super glue to make sure they stay. When the insert is snapped into the bezel it still makes a tight fit.

jbsf3
Name: Jason

Post by jbsf3 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:29 am

Interesting, wouldn't have figured folks would keep them in, as much as those go for I'd be afraid it would pop out. Glue makes sense.

Having changed out the bezel in my 16610 a few times I can appreciate how hard they are to get in when they are in one piece, can't imagine doing it with one with the pearl missing.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:37 am

jbsf3 wrote:Interesting, wouldn't have figured folks would keep them in, as much as those go for I'd be afraid it would pop out. Glue makes sense.

Having changed out the bezel in my 16610 a few times I can appreciate how hard they are to get in when they are in one piece, can't imagine doing it with one with the pearl missing.
As long as there isn't a chunk of insert missing when you snap them back in the make a pretty tight fit just like new. The glue is to make sure it doesn't pop out but I don't think the chance's are to high that it will. If the insert is missing I think it would be easier to break it when trying to remove it.

Heck I put one in my brother's watch that was aftermarket since he lost the og version and didn't want to drop $500 for a whole new insert. Also his had some patina to it so he didn't want to get rid of that. Of course I put a new click spring in it at the same time. :cheers: