So far, I haven't found anything

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

So far, I haven't found anything

Post by mattcantwin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Probably comes as no surprise I spend a fair amount of time checking out the sales forums...

you never know when a good deal on a U1 may come up. :shifty:

For the past couple of months I've been looking with a purpose; to find a watch that would motivate me to trade or sell the Sub-C to obtain.

Maybe it's out there, but I haven't come across it, yet.

wrist enthusiast
Name: roger

Re: So far, I haven't found anything

Post by wrist enthusiast » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:09 pm

You are on a quest. Not trading the Sub-C is the destination. You have arrived.

Unless you are trading a ND for a Date or vis-versa. No wrong answer there.
Roger
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am pretty much the best at being modest"
"If they gave an award for being me, I would totally win."

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 pm

wrist enthusiast wrote:You are on a quest. Not trading the Sub-C is the destination. You have arrived.

Unless you are trading a ND for a Date or vis-versa. No wrong answer there.

Seeing as how I had the Date version previously, the quest may be over.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Matt

I will reluctantly trade you my real U1 for your subc

You are welcome my friend. PM to close the deal ;)
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:08 pm

deepcdvr wrote:Matt

:think:

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Makes sense to me :)
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:53 am

Matt - this sounds like a solid offer. If it were an Orient 300m, you would need to add cash!!

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:10 am

Couldn't agree more. If you can love the case (and it's taken me a while, but I'm there), it's one of the best watches Rolex has ever made. A great contender for an only watch.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:21 am

dukerules wrote:Couldn't agree more. If you can love the case (and it's taken me a while, but I'm there), it's one of the best watches Rolex has ever made. A great contender for an only watch.
Spending some time with one in real life did a lot to alleviate my fat case concerns. Tight macro shots really make it look fatter than it is.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:41 am

Team Player :salute:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:03 am

dukerules wrote:Couldn't agree more. If you can love the case (and it's taken me a while, but I'm there), it's one of the best watches Rolex has ever made.

A great contender for an only watch.
My one and only "concern" with the watch, it's a Rolex.

I prefer not to engage in a conversation with a non-WIS on why I would ever spend so much money on a watch.

Happy to say, I've pretty much dodged that bullet so far.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:19 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
dukerules wrote:Couldn't agree more. If you can love the case (and it's taken me a while, but I'm there), it's one of the best watches Rolex has ever made. A great contender for an only watch.
Spending some time with one in real life did a lot to alleviate my fat case concerns. Tight macro shots really make it look fatter than it is.
Better get your umbrellas out - Jacob is making it rain Truth up in here :salute:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:26 am

I really like mine, so much so that I'm giving some thought to selling/trading my 16600. I have the same problem Matt has - can't find anything I want to trade it for. Lately I've been gravitating toward BNIB - something about the watch being mine and only mine. Haven't found anything BNIB in the price range of my 16600 that I'd want to trade it for.

My other option would be to trade both the Sub and the SD for a new Daytona - not sure I want to go that route, either. Would knock me down to two "good" watches (both chronographs), plus a couple of beaters.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 am

JBZ wrote:I really like mine, so much so that I'm giving some thought to selling/trading my 16600. I have the same problem Matt has - can't find anything I want to trade it for. Lately I've been gravitating toward BNIB - something about the watch being mine and only mine. Haven't found anything BNIB in the price range of my 16600 that I'd want to trade it for.

My other option would be to trade both the Sub and the SD for a new Daytona - not sure I want to go that route, either. Would knock me down to two "good" watches (both chronographs), plus a couple of beaters.
I think the 114060 and 16000 are a great pair. Obviously similar, but also quite different, and my two favorite modern Rolex divers. I definitely wouldn't flip both for a Daytona.Image

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:22 am

JBZ wrote:I have the same problem Matt has - can't find anything I want to trade it for.
I don't really see it as a problem, more like a pleasant surprise.

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:24 am

I would just simply enjoy it until it's not time to enjoy it.

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:31 am

dukerules wrote:
JBZ wrote:I really like mine, so much so that I'm giving some thought to selling/trading my 16600. I have the same problem Matt has - can't find anything I want to trade it for. Lately I've been gravitating toward BNIB - something about the watch being mine and only mine. Haven't found anything BNIB in the price range of my 16600 that I'd want to trade it for.

I think the 114060 and 16000 are a great pair. Obviously similar, but also quite different, and my two favorite modern Rolex divers. I definitely wouldn't flip both for a Daytona.Image
That's the way I'm leaning right now. I haven't been wearing the SD that much, but I imagine it's temporary. Part of it is just being restless.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:31 am

mattcantwin wrote:
JBZ wrote:I have the same problem Matt has - can't find anything I want to trade it for.
I don't really see it as a problem, more like a pleasant surprise.
Agreed.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:33 am

JBZ wrote:
dukerules wrote:

That's the way I'm leaning right now. I haven't been wearing the SD that much, but I imagine it's temporary. Part of it is just being restless.
You owned a Daytona and it didn't seem to stick. My 16600 is number one in my rotation, by far.

foodle

Post by foodle » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:45 am

The only thing that has me questioning keeping my SubC ND is another sub ...

The matte, no WG surround dials and aged bezels just have such a different look from the modern dial and ceramic bezel. :shrug:

Glidelock bracelet is without a doubt a huge step up though. I still might swap my Glidelock clasp onto the old bracelet.

[And for the photo geeks out there, I should have really shot this lighting with a gray card to get the white balance right. :doh: ]
Last edited by foodle on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:47 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:
dukerules wrote:

You owned a Daytona and it didn't seem to stick. My 16600 is number one in my rotation, by far.
Objectively, I know this. However, I have never claimed to be rational. Plus, it gives me something to think and talk about. I really dig the Sub C. The ceramic bezel, bracelet, and clasp make it a real winner to me.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:48 am

JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:
dukerules wrote:

Objectively, I know this. However, I have never claimed to be rational. Plus, it gives me something to think and talk about. I really dig the Sub C. The ceramic bezel, bracelet, and clasp make it a real winner to me.
I'm waiting (probably forever) for a black/white Panda Daytona with a black ceramic bezel. A white dial Zenith Daytona is on my "will buy" list, but I wouldn't flip my 16600 for one.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:13 am

moishlashen wrote:I would just simply enjoy it until it's not time to enjoy it.
===========

^This....It's what I am doing w/mine..

smalls
Name: Matt

Post by smalls » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:43 am

No way I would sell my 114060 for one and I know they're not for everyone, but I'm wearing the crap out of my Explorer and loving every minute of it. I've always admired the watch for its history but have always overlooked it at the ad. Sized and on the wrist though it's a thing of beauty and is as comfortable as they come. If you can live with another no date this is one to try out at the least. Mine's a keeper.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:48 am

smalls wrote:No way I would sell my 114060 for one and I know they're not for everyone, but I'm wearing the crap out of my Explorer and loving every minute of it. I've always admired the watch for its history but have always overlooked it at the ad. Sized and on the wrist though it's a thing of beauty and is as comfortable as they come. If you can live with another no date this is one to try out at the least. Mine's a keeper.
Image[/url]
That's a nice pair. I'd add a black dial Daytona for the perfect Rolex no-date threesome.