Discussion of Rolex Watches.
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Snowflakes: Worth the entry cost?

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:41 pm

BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
dukerules wrote:Man, times change. Wish I would've bought a bunch of snowflakes back then.
:grin:

Same. Hindsight is 20/20. I paid out of the ass for Ben's, but I'm happy to have a good one.
You say that now- wait another year and it'll be a bargain.

Remember what kind of example you have- a round marker no date that was only made for one year, only a handful seen on the Internet. This one has original box, bracelet and warranty stamped from Bucherer, Lucerne Switzerland, so it's traced back to the motherland... And according to the "Tudor black bay ancestor" thread on TRF, it's the only one known that is a European model/ round marker flake that has a 25 jewel movement... The others are all North American 17 jewel movement... Pretty much a one of a kind.
WOW you really were retarded for selling it. :mrgreen:

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:27 pm

dukerules wrote:Man, times change. Wish I would've bought a bunch of snowflakes back then.
Could've been the other way around! Like $20k for a Pam 127. Fml.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:10 am

blkgsl wrote:
Could've been the other way around! Like $20k for a Pam 127. Fml.
Or full retail price for a PAM 372 :crybaby:

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:43 am

Oy, don't get me started on full price Panerais.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:27 am

Yeah whoever paid 20K for 127 and another 20K for 217 must be crying at this point.

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:38 am

Panerai7 wrote:Yeah whoever paid 20K for 127 and another 20K for 217 must be crying at this point.
Or, to put things into perspective, $100k for a 203 :D.

Anyway, on a serious note, who gives a shit, it's watches and they bring us joy. Buy what you like, wear what you buy, share the joy with like-minded individuals. It's the DWC way.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:48 am

toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Same. Hindsight is 20/20. I paid out of the ass for Ben's, but I'm happy to have a good one.

Remember what kind of example you have- a round marker no date that was only made for one year, only a handful seen on the Internet. This one has original box, bracelet and warranty stamped from Bucherer, Lucerne Switzerland, so it's traced back to the motherland... And according to the "Tudor black bay ancestor" thread on TRF, it's the only one known that is a European model/ round marker flake that has a 25 jewel movement... The others are all North American 17 jewel movement... Pretty much a one of a kind.
No shit! Ben, you just gave a litany of reasons you should have kept it. What do you have to show for it now, mister?
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:27 am

toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Sigh
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:28 am

BSears wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

No shit! Ben, you just gave a litany of reasons you should have kept it. What do you have to show for it now, mister?
Double sigh
DEATH FROM ABOVE

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:32 am

BBK357 wrote:
BSears wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Double sigh
Triple sigh

tmw
Name: The Enabler

Post by tmw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:34 am

This is why I currently have 3 blue and 2 black snowflakes right now.
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:39 am

tmw wrote:This is why I currently have 3 blue and 2 black snowflakes right now.
No that is because you are a "pimp" :mrgreen:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:29 am

toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
BSears wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Double sigh
Triple sigh
Don't worry guys. It's very happy in its new home. :whistle:

:htfu:

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:52 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Retarded in general :thumbsup: .
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:58 pm

lilhoody wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

:1:
:htfu:

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:08 am

matt.wu wrote:
lilhoody wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

:excited:
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:10 am

matt.wu wrote:
lilhoody wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Wtf. Watch your tone.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:16 am

BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
lilhoody wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Wtf. Watch your tone.
:roll: :neener:

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:09 am

Hindsight is 20/10 in this case. Been toying with the idea of a birthyear snowflake back when they were under half the price they are today.

Jacek has an '81 for sale now and it looks fairly good, but the value isn't there for me anymore to pick one up. 79090 and 79180s are now outrageous... I owned a nice 79090 for $1750 and I kick myself for selling. Still rather get a 14060 or 16570 for the price.

At least the market for them seems solid and I reckon there's no bubble in sight given the market. The real watch in question is the 16710... Prices all over the damn place because of the BLNR (thank you VERY much, Rolex).

Mark my words... For this reason we'll never see a SS coke. IF it ever comes it will be platinum so buy buy buy that fat lady if you're so inclined. I'm out... Assuming all this I'm not remotely tempted in picking up a 16710 (or earlier) coke. To hell with Rolex of they do it. I'll cash out and go for another speedy - a better watch in my opinion - and pocket the rest!

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:46 am

Glad I still got mine. The reason I went Tudor snow flake they were halve the price of a Rolex sub that's not the case now they caught up to the Rolex sub in price. And the question Snowflakes: Worth the entry cost that was a BIG YES at the time this thread started if you did not you missed the boat and it's going to cost you. How many times I tell members to buy vintage and no one listen they buy that boutique crap and loose there ass or new stuff that takes years to go up in value or they flip it for less than they paid for it wtf :shrug:

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:18 pm

Jacek has four really nice ones for sale right now, including the a snowflake with maxi dial like Wu's.