ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
Post Reply
User avatar
john wilson
Posts: 1768
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:54 pm
Name: supercalifragilistic
Location: Cleveland,Ohio.

ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by john wilson » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:36 am

Happy New Year! Sub date is $8950.00 up $400.00.
"Remove booger hook from bang button until ready to make holes." Albert Einstein

ImageImage

Image
Image

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15291
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:09 am

im sooooo out of Rolex.....I have a couple and will keep em but no mas for me. Their pricing is bonkers.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11757
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by Joeprez » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:20 pm

I hate this, really want to add an Explorer II again. Pepsi GMT is my personal grail but that ain't happening in the near future.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15291
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:38 pm

I should sell my Exp2GMT for a mint... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11757
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by Joeprez » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:58 pm

ericf4 wrote:I should sell my Exp2GMT for a mint... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
:lol:

Gotta start selling watches soon just in case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15291
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Joeprez wrote:
ericf4 wrote:I should sell my Exp2GMT for a mint... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Image

Gotta start selling watches soon just in case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zombie apocalypse?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 10289
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by JBZ » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:31 pm

If Rolex raises prices on unavailable watches, do they really cost more?
Image

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15291
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:33 pm

JBZ wrote:If Rolex raises prices on unavailable watches, do they really cost more?
Lol... Deep.... True..... But deep

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

User avatar
hidden by leaves
Posts: 1904
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 am
Name: Anthony
Location: Great White North

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by hidden by leaves » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:22 am

JBZ wrote:If Rolex raises prices on unavailable watches, do they really cost more?
guess we can see what happens on watchrecon, chrono24 and davidsw et al... although i think the answer will be “a rising tide raises all boats”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Send lawyers, guns and money...

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16244
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:54 am

hidden by leaves wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:22 am
JBZ wrote:If Rolex raises prices on unavailable watches, do they really cost more?
guess we can see what happens on watchrecon, chrono24 and davidsw et al... although i think the answer will be “a rising tide raises all boats”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A 4% increase in MSRP should result in... about a 25% increase from good guy trusted smeller DavidSW.

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 5385
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by jtbenson » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:32 am

JBZ wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:31 pm
If Rolex raises prices on unavailable watches, do they really cost more?
i know i'm calling it early, but, ^ post of the year ^
Image

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 15103
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:10 pm

DavidSW leaked it in early December.
Almost 8K for SubC ND and almost 10K for GMT

R@cerx
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:51 am
Name: David

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by R@cerx » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:33 pm

IIRC, Rolex hasn’t had a price increase on steel sport models in 6 years, so a 4% increase isn’t out of line considering inflation. With demand out pacing production, I’m surprised the increase isn’t more.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16244
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:33 pm

R@cerx wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:33 pm
IIRC, Rolex hasn’t had a price increase on steel sport models in 6 years, so a 4% increase isn’t out of line considering inflation. With demand out pacing production, I’m surprised the increase isn’t more.
It could have been 25% and it wouldn't have really made a difference.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44776
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:14 pm

rolex is so not relevant to me anymore.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25296
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by BBK357 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:04 pm

R@cerx wrote:IIRC, Rolex hasn’t had a price increase on steel sport models in 6 years, so a 4% increase isn’t out of line considering inflation. With demand out pacing production, I’m surprised the increase isn’t more.

Really? I thought they increased every year. At least that’s what my brother always said.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25296
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by BBK357 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:05 pm

toxicavenger wrote:rolex is so not relevant to me anymore.

I’ll take pre ceramic and sd4k. Other than those- I’m not interested.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 4966
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by sierra11b » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:08 pm

I'm interested but there's no chance for me anymore at these prices. Same can be said for Patek, AP, VC.

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 14382
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by dukerules » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:09 pm

I can’t afford modern Rolex anymore. It’s good that other than the 214270, I don’t really like any of them anyway.

User avatar
Steve O.
Posts: 1656
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm
Name: Uh, Steve
Location: Atlanta OTP

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by Steve O. » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:27 am

For what it's worth, I was flipping through some old issues of WatchTime the other day, and came across a comparison test between an Omega Seamaster 2231 and a Rolex Submariner 16610 in the June 2000 issue. The list price for the Sub was $3,350. Because the article is nearly twenty years old, I realize that this may no longer be relevent (inflation, etc.), but it illustrates how Rolex has steadily increased prices on what is essentially (with a few minor exceptions) the same watch. No way, even if I wanted to, could I poney up $9k on a new Sub. Crazy.
“The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” - Mark Twain

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16244
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:31 am

Steve O. wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:27 am
For what it's worth, I was flipping through some old issues of WatchTime the other day, and came across a comparison test between an Omega Seamaster 2231 and a Rolex Submariner 16610 in the June 2000 issue. The list price for the Sub was $3,350. Because the article is nearly twenty years old, I realize that this may no longer be relevent (inflation, etc.), but it illustrates how Rolex has steadily increased prices on what is essentially (with a few minor exceptions) the same watch. No way, even if I wanted to, could I poney up $9k on a new Sub. Crazy.
There is zero in common between a circa 2000 sub and a modern one. Modern rolex is overpriced but less so than a lot of lesser built watches.

User avatar
Steve O.
Posts: 1656
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm
Name: Uh, Steve
Location: Atlanta OTP

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by Steve O. » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:47 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:31 am
Steve O. wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:27 am
For what it's worth, I was flipping through some old issues of WatchTime the other day, and came across a comparison test between an Omega Seamaster 2231 and a Rolex Submariner 16610 in the June 2000 issue. The list price for the Sub was $3,350. Because the article is nearly twenty years old, I realize that this may no longer be relevent (inflation, etc.), but it illustrates how Rolex has steadily increased prices on what is essentially (with a few minor exceptions) the same watch. No way, even if I wanted to, could I poney up $9k on a new Sub. Crazy.
There is zero in common between a circa 2000 sub and a modern one. Modern rolex is overpriced but less so than a lot of lesser built watches.
I don't think zero in common. Sure, today's Sub is quite different, but it's still a Submariner, that regardless of how it compares to "lesser built watches" is overpriced. I was trying to convey a general point.
“The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” - Mark Twain

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16244
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:52 am

Steve O. wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:47 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:31 am
Steve O. wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:27 am
For what it's worth, I was flipping through some old issues of WatchTime the other day, and came across a comparison test between an Omega Seamaster 2231 and a Rolex Submariner 16610 in the June 2000 issue. The list price for the Sub was $3,350. Because the article is nearly twenty years old, I realize that this may no longer be relevent (inflation, etc.), but it illustrates how Rolex has steadily increased prices on what is essentially (with a few minor exceptions) the same watch. No way, even if I wanted to, could I poney up $9k on a new Sub. Crazy.
There is zero in common between a circa 2000 sub and a modern one. Modern rolex is overpriced but less so than a lot of lesser built watches.
I don't think zero in common. Sure, today's Sub is quite different, but it's still a Submariner, that regardless of how it compares to "lesser built watches" is overpriced. I was trying to convey a general point.
Ok. A 2000 Ford Mustang GT is the same as a 2020 version, despite being 100% different and improved in every concrete way.

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 2950
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: ROLEX raises prices 3 to 4 percent.

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:55 am

I’m only a buyer these days still because I have a long term relationship with an AD who still gives me a great discount if I’m willing to be patient for delivery.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests