Grail of Grails!

Moderator: moishlashen

polaco23
Actually chooses to live in Detroit
Name: Dominik

Grail of Grails!

Post by polaco23 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:31 am

No, its not mine (i wish). but a buddy of mine in my sewing circle just plopped down some serious cash for this piece. Vintage Agenoria

i know some folks on here arnt to sure about the wheelbacks, but i seem to love them! I was able to use a Singer wheelback from a friend, to hem some jeans, and it was super simple to use.

If youre going vintage, wheelbacks are the way to do it! :cheers:

Here it is at his place. so heavy!

Rambam
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Barney Gumble

Re: Grail of Grails!

Post by Rambam » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:36 am

Wow :shock: You actually handled a wheelback?! I hear those are mercyless! Man, some day! Some lucky day, I`ll get to handle one too :pray:
Honey Badger FTW!!!

polaco23
Actually chooses to live in Detroit
Name: Dominik

Post by polaco23 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:40 am

I know what youre thinking Ken! theyre not as tough and difficult to handle as many led you to believe.

Its like a pet grizzly bear. Sure its a grizzly bear, and it can tear your arm off. But its been trained and domesticated, just treat it with respect and it wont rip off your face and chew on it till it looks like used gum. :cheers:

Remember Jonah? (EXTREMESEWER44, he had like a thousand posts back int he day), from the forum a while back, lost four of his fingers mishandling a wheelback. And that was on the hand he only had four fingers on in the first place! :o

Jonah is doing fine, ofcourse he doesnt go on the forum anymore, since the accident. :violin:

Rambam
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Barney Gumble

Post by Rambam » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Yeah, Jonah was the first person to come to mind when I saw that wheelback. That was an ugly episode, but proves what power lies behind an old wheelback :shock: Anybody spoken to him lately? I sure wish he would join us again.
Honey Badger FTW!!!

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Rambam wrote:Yeah, Jonah was the first person to come to mind when I saw that wheelback. That was an ugly episode, but proves what power lies behind an old wheelback :shock: Anybody spoken to him lately? I sure wish he would join us again.
I still hear from him now and then. He really hasn't been the same since the incident. Pretty sad really. He won't go near a wheelback now, but it's kind of hard to blame him. :shrug:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hazmatman
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Der Brummbär

Post by hazmatman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Looks nice but I saw a thread over on the Sewer's Blog about big shipments of counterfeit Singer wheelbacks coming out of Paraguay and Argentina!

We all know how South America and especially the Patagonia region is a hotbed for counterfeit or franken-vintage sewing machinery :naughty: ; in fact, I heard that the President is considering commissioning a board to review the problem. This could be very big stuff. I heard the name "Jason Recliner" bandied about here in DC recently as the potential head of this board.

Vintage market prices will only go higher on this news!!!

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:40 pm

ezcheese wrote:
Rambam wrote:Yeah, Jonah was the first person to come to mind when I saw that wheelback. That was an ugly episode, but proves what power lies behind an old wheelback :shock: Anybody spoken to him lately? I sure wish he would join us again.
I still hear from him now and then. He really hasn't been the same since the incident. Pretty sad really. He won't go near a wheelback now, but it's kind of hard to blame him. :shrug:

You know the saying ... "Once bitten, twice shy". A senseless tragedy really.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Wheelbacks. :love:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:44 am

That is quite a piece Dom. I have no words to describe what I'm feeling right now. Your friend is the luckiest guy in the world IMO.

Tell him from me-Use it in good health. :salute:

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

KWIATEK
Crabmeister AKA Domslayer
Name: Darin is an Asshole

Post by KWIATEK » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:03 pm

:drool: That has to be about the most gorgeous wheelbacksI've seen yet. I bet that set him back a few pretty pennies. What a lucky SOB. Have you been given a chance to try it yet-- or is it one of those things added to the collection and not inteded for use? What I wouldn't give to try that baby out! That is the shit right there :fro:

Tell him to be careful handling that thing.. they sure don't make 'em like that anymore.

And it really is too bad about Jonah. I don't think anyone hears from him much anymore. Since the accident I understand it's pretty hard for him to dial the phone now. Really is a shame.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:53 am

I've been into wheelbacks for years!!

My friend had a really special wheelback machine. It was usually inoperable for one reason or another so we nicknamed it 'brokeback'.. :raised:

Too bad, though, because it was really sweet.

Thanks for posting
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 am

Nice pickup, Dom. Vintage isn't really my type - I like the modern marvels. But that looks like a stellar find. :thumbsup:
:htfu:

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Oh Man! I was bidding on THAT! Geez, I've been after one for years and it was sniped out from under me :banghead:

vbuskirk
Thread Jacker Extraordinaire
Name: Chris

Post by vbuskirk » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Ummmm, the brass plating in picture #2 doesn't look right to me. Am I wrong, or does she have her left leg pulled behind her???
Chris

vbuskirk
Thread Jacker Extraordinaire
Name: Chris

Post by vbuskirk » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Also, that plate is way too shiny. :whistle:
Chris