How To Protect Yourself As A Seller?

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Re: How To Protect Yourself As A Seller?

Post by ezcheese » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:23 am

mrsnak wrote:
SCM64 wrote:I have a question about USPS. I've seen for sometime how everyone always recommends them. What am I missing because the tracking sucks ass compared to UPS. I've been tracking Roars speedy thats on the way back to him from Tampa, to Virginia to NJ to England, and it's now sitting in Cologne, Germany right now.

With USPS, by the time the freakin tracking is updated the package has been delivered. :raised: :rolleyes:

Someone enlighten me please. :scratch: :shrug: :think: :popcorn:
UPS tracks it the whole way. USPS PM tends to track fine to the border, then hands it off to the receiving country where tracking then can be spotty on the US side, but if you search the tracking number on the receiving postal system's site, you often get a more detailed track. The package is scanned in a location when it is received, not when it leaves. Customs, going both ways, is generally always the bottleneck, and it can sit in limbo for a while in whatever city is handling customs.
Yeah, in my experience, the Japanese EMS tracking is probably the best I have ever seen. :love:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:24 am

ezcheese wrote: Yeah, in my experience, the Japanese EMS tracking is probably the best I have ever seen. :love:
Japanese lots-of-things are probably going to be the best you've ever seen.....

wait for it, you know it's coming....

except for watches. :twisted:
:htfu:

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:26 am

matt.wu wrote:
ezcheese wrote: Yeah, in my experience, the Japanese EMS tracking is probably the best I have ever seen. :love:
Japanese lots-of-things are probably going to be the best you've ever seen.....

wait for it, you know it's coming....

except for watches. :twisted:
:o

:smack:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

meta4ick
Name: Rick

Post by meta4ick » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:55 am

After you stick the watch in the magazine, roll it up tightly and tape it shut before shipping. Liberal use of tape is key.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:10 am

meta4ick wrote:After you stick the watch in the magazine, roll it up tightly and tape it shut before shipping. Liberal use of tape is key.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:htfu:

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:54 am

matt.wu wrote:
meta4ick wrote:After you stick the watch in the magazine, roll it up tightly and tape it shut before shipping. Liberal use of tape is key.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
-----------

Right on Rick.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

nhoJ
Name: John

Post by nhoJ » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:51 pm

To maintain seller protection, PayPal requires signature at delivery for anything over $250 USD.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... Protection

bzabodyn
Name: BZ

Post by bzabodyn » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Personally, I hate Paypal and only use it if I know the individual or it's a small dollar amount. I always prefer wire transfer (esp since I run a bank and know instantly that it cleared/any potential for fraud/etc) - postal money orders are the most commonly counterfeited monetary instrument so urge to get a cashier's check/money order/official check from their bank and you can quickly call and verify it's validity before depositing/cashing.

Always insure for the full amount/package well/full disclosure - all that good stuff too...

BZ
--> Brandon

Instagram @bzabodyn214

bzabodyn
Name: BZ

Post by bzabodyn » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Personally, I hate Paypal and only use it if I know the individual or it's a small dollar amount. I always prefer wire transfer (esp since I run a bank and know instantly that it cleared/any potential for fraud/etc) - postal money orders are the most commonly counterfeited monetary instrument so urge to get a cashier's check/money order/official check from their bank and you can quickly call and verify it's validity before depositing/cashing.

Always insure for the full amount/package well/full disclosure - all that good stuff too...

BZ
--> Brandon

Instagram @bzabodyn214

john wilson
Name: supercalifragilistic

Post by john wilson » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:42 pm

DMB wrote:Simple, don't ship until the $$$ clears. If it's a money order, only take USPS money orders. You can cash them at the Post Office and you will know instantly if it's real. For Paypal, transfer the $$ out of your paypal account when you receive it. Don't sell outside of CONUS (mainly for insurance reasons), and only shipp to a verified Paypal address if using Paypal. Also, use Google Earth street view to check out the shipping address. If you want the safest way, insist on a USPS money order, and insure for the full amount.
And pray to Jesus.
"Remove booger hook from bang button until ready to make holes." Albert Einstein

ImageImage

slashd0t
Name: Jamie

Post by slashd0t » Wed May 30, 2012 3:13 pm

I've bought/sold/traded quite a few watches of fairly high value and never had any issues.. I follow a simple plan:

1) Only buy/sell to established members. I've made one exception buying a watch.. User had 0 posts. I told him he had to ship me the watch first, once I was happy I would pay him. He was happy to do so and it was one of the best transactions I have ever done.

2) Research the buyer/seller. Everyone these days has an online footprint... The ones that don't aren't likely the same ones buying/selling watches online. Leverage things like Linkedin etc.

3) Always use UPS/FedEx and insist on overnight shipping no matter what. Keeping the transaction time very small significantly lowers the chance of anything going wrong.

4) Always ship insured. This is a no-brainer especially for higher end pieces. It'll cost a lot of money to ship overnight/insured, but, it's a risk management thing.

5) PayPal or Wire. These are the only two ways I'll buy/sell. Money must clear before I ship anything.

So far I've had nothing but great experiences selling/buying/trading on Tz/WUS etc..

Tomsteve

Post by Tomsteve » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:29 am

There are lots of ways to protect your watch from seller If you are placing order online.

1. You can do the payment in cash when you get the watch and ensure everything is ok than you can do the payment.
2. Before buying your watch, take some information or details about seller.
3. Always use safe mode for doing payment like PayPal etc....

Ask to seller about watch insurances.

Regards
Tom