Stolas Harbormaster Spinnaker First Look and Full Review.

Watch review archives can be found here.
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Re: Stolas Harbormaster Spinnaker First Look and Full Review

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:30 am

DMB wrote:First of all, I love that NATO. The watch isn't bad, and I definitely give them the thumbs up for not using an overused catalogue case. I would prefer the bracelet to be 22mm tapering to 20mm or something like that. 24mm straight thru is a bit wide for my liking. The lume kicks as, and the overall design is pretty cool for a dive watch. The only real beef I have is with the seconds hand. It just looks out of place on that watch. Other than that, a lot of watch for the price it seems. Good to hear that the Chinese can make a serious movement that is accurate when they want to. Nice review. :thumbsup:
Thanks. Yeah, I think the second hand is a love/hate thing. Some people love it, others just dont seem to like it. Im guessing if someone liked the watch, but not the sec hand, they could always have it switched out by someone. I do personally really like it, I just think it makes it look different, and I like the contrast of colors.
I have never been a big fan of tapering bracelets, I guess maybe thats still part of my big watch phase....not that this is a monster watch, but I guess I still cant do skinny or smaller watches, and this being about 45mm with the non taper bracelet, it is a perfect size for me.
So far, no issues with the movement, but it is only about 2 weeks now , so too early to really tell.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:21 am

Wanted to add some pics of the nato strap, and I added another dial closeup. I am not a big fan personally of any nato, but I will say this one looks cool with the colors, but not for me though.....but I know lots of people do like them , so here they are .

Buzzcup

Post by Buzzcup » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 pm

That NATO is bad looking. I believe that comes with the Genoa as well. I just preordered mine, saw a review on it a little while ago on another forum. I think the bracelet has a little taper, at least it looks like it in the pictures. The other review said it didn't either but I'm pretty sure it drops down to a 22mm. Either way, it's a nice looking bracelet and can't wait till mine gets here.
"That's what she said"