Our Tudor Photos from Baselworld 2018

Watch review archives can be found here.
TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

Our Tudor Photos from Baselworld 2018

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 am

Our Tudor Photos from Baselworld 2018!

We might as well start with perhaps the single most popular watch at Baselworld 2018, the Black Bay GMT. I particularly like the snowflake GMT hand—it has no real historical underpinning within Tudor, and yet it looks like it’s always been there. Tudor has pretty much mastered the art of restraint.

As time passes, however, I find myself liking the new ’58 more and more. It has just the right amount of vintage charm to it without looking like a gimmick, but most importantly, the new size, and thickness, is basically perfect. I can’t wait until this new movement makes the rounds into other styles of Black Bay, which I assume it will over the next several years.

You don’t realize how big a difference this is until you see them next to each other.

Here are the new movements, side by side. Of course, the one on our left is an existing movement with a new complication while the one on the right is brand new for ’18.

The S&Gs got a new dial this year. It’s nice to have the new look, and I prefer it to the original S&G, but I partly wonder if this move was made to help distinguish the S&G collection from the new ‘58s, both of which heavily feature gold and black color schemes.

Here’s a glance at the new ‘26s, Tudor’s newest option for a more classical dress watch. These are, in my opinion, pretty clearly the best looking dress watch Tudor makes right now.

Last edited by TimelessLuxWatches on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Our Tudor Photos from Baselworld 2018

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:51 am

Nice job taking some comparative shots of the BB58. Those are the first I've seen. The BB58 is the first watch to look good on that guy's slim wrist.

TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

Re: Our Tudor Photos from Baselworld 2018

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:00 am

It is a perfect fit for Dan, now that you mention it.