Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Review & Comparison

Watch review archives can be found here.
TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Review & Comparison

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Hey guys, been a long time since I've written a new review, but I compared two new Aqua Terras to two last-gen Aqua Terras. I'd post it here but the images aren't formatted correctly for DWC so please check it out here: http://timelessluxwatches.com/reviews/o ... omparison/

Future reviews will be back to smaller images that I can post here, but with a 4 way comparison I had to keep the resolution pretty high for it not to lose too much detail.

Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Name: Peter

Re: Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Review & Comparison

Post by Terpits » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:07 pm

The two tone is beautiful. And I don't like two tones in general. Nice write up.

Sent from your iPhone using Tapatalk
:rimshot:

Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Name: Peter

Post by Terpits » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:07 pm

The two tone is beautiful. And I don't like two tones in general. Nice write up.

Sent from your iPhone using Tapatalk
:rimshot:

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Thanks! glad you liked it

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Like the new ones- is there a gray dial? the rubber straps look good, too.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/se ... 412103002/

Thanks for the review.

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Yeah, exactly. Can't wait to try that one on in person. If I had to buy one today, it'd be the silver with blue accents, although probably on the bracelet.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 pm

I really prefer the slimmed up case without the crown sunk into the side. That's the best implementation of the twisted lug design I've seen in a long time. It's distinctive but doesn't create a sense of fatness. That is a very subtle improvement by omega's designers. I hate that gold sel thing on the new strap model though. That's typical stupid omega.

masterClock

Post by masterClock » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 am

TimelessLuxWatches wrote:Hey guys, been a long time since I've written a new review, but I compared two new Aqua Terras to two last-gen Aqua Terras. I'd post it here but the images aren't formatted correctly for DWC so please check it out here: http://timelessluxwatches.com/reviews/o ... omparison/

Future reviews will be back to smaller images that I can post here, but with a 4 way comparison I had to keep the resolution pretty high for it not to lose too much detail.
Great review! Love the Blue dial on steel. Curious when/if they will update the Day/Date and hoping it will wear just a bit smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:19 pm

masterClock wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 am

Great review! Love the Blue dial on steel. Curious when/if they will update the Day/Date and hoping it will wear just a bit smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm almost certain that a day/date will come eventually. The Aqua Terra will probably be 100 models total if history is any guide, so worry not, there will be plenty to choose from in 2-3 years.

I think I prefer the normal three hander myself, but I sometimes find myself liking the GMT versions (of the 2nd gen) as well.

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:27 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 pm
I really prefer the slimmed up case without the crown sunk into the side. That's the best implementation of the twisted lug design I've seen in a long time. It's distinctive but doesn't create a sense of fatness. That is a very subtle improvement by omega's designers. I hate that gold sel thing on the new strap model though. That's typical stupid omega.
The good news on that is that it only comes on the rubber strap versions. The leather ones don't have it, so that's a viable option if you want to avoid the bracelet.