Anonimo Polluce Mini Review

Watch review archives can be found here.
ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Anonimo Polluce Mini Review

Post by ericf4 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:16 am

I will be really brief here on my initial impressions with my new Polluce

-Beautiful Wood box with steel hinges, Steel logos Anonimo and Firenze, Leather like interior. Easily the nicest presentation box ive got with a watch...Im guessing thats where a big chunk of the retail price goes.. :)

-Case and Bracelet are well beyond anything I have ever seen, truly handmade, beadblasted type process and brushing too by hand, you know when you hold it thats its clearly made to higher standard than most any other i have seen. I read they can only make like 20 cases per day, which is amazing. Mine is #12 of 299. They only made 150 in Blue i believe so its a very limited edition for sure.

Its stated as a 42-43mm case which is very deceiving as it wears Much larger for sure, takes up a good chunk of wrist and when i hold next to my 45-46mm pieces, I dont see it as smaller...really odd for sure.

Its rated at WR 121ATM on the back and 100ATM on the dial which seems typical for how Anonimo states the WR. I think my Wayfarer 2 also had a slightly diff WR on the front as compared to the back. Has a very oversized crown and a helium release valve which gives it great character for sure. The winding stem feels like a tank,,,,man i have never felt a stem where you have to use some real pressure to turn it etc....although it is smooth, just feels like you couldnt break it if you tried..

The bracelet is just perfection,,,,,i think they retail for anywhere from 500-700 for the bracelet which seems excessive until you feel it. The detail work and the fit and finish is at the top of the game for sure.

My only gripe is that the clasp they chose is a single foldover dual button and rather thin. They really need a heavier clasp IMO and you must really ensure its locked closed after hearing 2 clicks otherwise it will pop open....there goes your new toy down the drain....LOL

Theres just something about the case and bracelet that I cant put into words but when you hold one you will know that its not at all the same as any other case you have held...It is superb...

Here is a great link if you want to see the cases hand made etc and then some pics of mine:

VIDEO- http://www.anonimo.com/en/video-process ... ttivo.html

Dial/ Crystal etc:

The dial is just an amazing color of Blue...not too dark nor too light...My gripe is that there is either no AR or little at best which makes the blue color appear washed out in just the right light. Not all the time but just if it hits it just right. The lume is like a torch on all hands and numerals.

IMO when you spend retail of 4k plus on a watch, AR should be a standard feature especially if lower end brands use it on all pieces as well.

I like the CNS and MC logos, although I hav read others dont care for them. I think they add cool character to the piece and when you read about the backstory its even cooler. The story behing the Polluce and the CNS and MC can be found here-

http://deskdivers.com/Site/Polluce.html

My last thoughts are this.....Amazing Company, Amazingly built watch, Unreal Case and bracelet quality.....worth every dime.......Just needs AR and a heavier clasp and it would be a 100%. With those I rate it a 95%. Will I buy a 3rd Anonimo....Oh Yeah.......
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator
Name: Trevor

Re: Anonimo Polluce Mini Review

Post by cali kid » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:34 am

You suck and those sure arent your renato reviews from the desert!!! :tap: I kid, i kid :dance: Sweet watch bro, one more and you're just showing off!! If you notice just a tinge of jealousy, youre friggin' right!! :love:
Image Image Image
Trevor

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:43 am

trevor...i have seen your collection......you have a few that i would give your left nut for.....

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:46 am

Right on the money Eric...My only issue--like you was with the clasp....
very flimsy for a dive watch..

I wear mine on a custom Toshi because I just haven't been able to size
down the bracelet..It's either too tight or too loose....

I think the watch looks a 1000 times better in person; the sapphire crystal is
awesome..

Congratulations :clap:

Mike

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:39 am

Good review for your first impressions, Eric :clap: Good pics too - really shows how that dial color can change based on angle of view, and I really like that dial! Never read up on the CNS and MC markings so those links will come in handy. Sounds like a really solid piece. Who knows, I may have to put an Anonimo on the list for 2010. :thumbsup:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Good review and awesome pics Eric.
Congrats on a fine piece :thumbsup:
Pasquale

NSC

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Nice watch and great review. Those 'nimos are really growing on me. A bit under the radar, but clearly very solid pieces put together by craftsmen who obviously know what they are doing. :thumbsup:

Sooner

Post by Sooner » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Great pics and review, Eric. I find myself fixating on that humongous crown. Perfect for us stubby-fingered types, and I love the contrast between polished crown and blasted case. That's a nice touch.

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:43 pm

Great review. I'm also a fan of the Polluces; that one is a beauty.
I've read the history before and it's fascinating reading.
My bronze says hello.

"We'd better synchronize our watches."

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:47 pm

DAMN IT I WANT THE BRONZE!!!! I was about to buy one when my blue came callin......I will own that one......

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Yeah, yeah. The grass is always greener (or a bit more potent).. :cheers:
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

ionutz

Post by ionutz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 pm

It looks like a beautyfull tank. Bracelet is for this watch. One of the best looking watch I ever see.

Smurfe

Post by Smurfe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Excellent. I wish I could find that bracelet for mine. Mine says hi to!