Kari's Observatoire - from TZ.

Watch review archives can be found here.
meta4ick
Name: Rick

Kari's Observatoire - from TZ.

Post by meta4ick » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:12 am

Hey folks. Some of you may have already seen this. It's definitely worth checking out.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... 6816&rid=0

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Re: Kari's Observatoire - from TZ.

Post by ezcheese » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:39 am

That is definitely a sweet piece. :love: I believe that Rob (Donut) has one too.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

polaco23
Actually chooses to live in Detroit
Name: Dominik

Post by polaco23 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:01 pm

that maker always impresses me with his extremely clean lines and craftsmanship. I know its pricey, but theres truly alot of hours into those pieces. :thumbsup:

Rick, im surprised to see a member with your collection sporting a simple LLD as your avatar, says alot about that watch for someone like you to sport it like that. Care to explain how it holds up to your other pieces?

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:41 pm

polaco23 wrote: Rick, im surprised to see a member with your collection sporting a simple LLD as your avatar, says alot about that watch for someone like you to sport it like that. Care to explain how it holds up to your other pieces?
Derek did that. :lol:
:htfu:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Those Voutilainen watches - absolutely flawless. Love 'em :love:
:htfu:

meta4ick
Name: Rick

Post by meta4ick » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:52 pm

polaco23 wrote:Rick, im surprised to see a member with your collection sporting a simple LLD as your avatar, says alot about that watch for someone like you to sport it like that. Care to explain how it holds up to your other pieces?
Actually, one of the forum big-wigs was kind enough to make it my avatar. I'm good with it, though. I just got the watch a few days ago, and am thrilled with it at many levels. Unlike many of our DWC brothers, I started off with vintage. The LLD stirs that old vintage love inside me in a size that's more in line with my comfort level size-wise these days. Couple that with my no-date preference, neat twin-crown/rotating inner bezel- this is definitely a cool watch.

So, to answer your question, I think it holds up pretty well. It might not make my top box, but there is definitely room for it in my collection. For me, it's a keeper.

Rick.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:09 pm

matt.wu wrote:
polaco23 wrote: Rick, im surprised to see a member with your collection sporting a simple LLD as your avatar, says alot about that watch for someone like you to sport it like that. Care to explain how it holds up to your other pieces?
Derek did that. :lol:
:gift:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vbuskirk
Thread Jacker Extraordinaire
Name: Chris

Post by vbuskirk » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:47 pm

The idea of an LLD not making my top box reminds me how far I have to go in this game.
Chris