TaWaTec (Tactical Watch Technology) Titanium Diver

Watch review archives can be found here.
AZpops
Name: Lance

TaWaTec (Tactical Watch Technology) Titanium Diver

Post by AZpops » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:31 pm

There a few important areas of this watch that I’d like to touch upon and share with you all. Especially for though’s who maybe interested in purchasing this watch within the near future, but before I do, a few specs.

TaWaTec Titan Diver Tactical (this happens to be the) Blue.

This Military Inspired Diver is available in 4 basic configurations;

1. Full (non coated) Titanium Case, case back, crown and bezel

2. Full PVD coated titanium case, case back, crown and bezel

With either the heart beat of an;

1. Swiss Sellita SW 200 Automatic with hacking feature (self-winding mechanism, 26 Jewels, 28'800 vibrations per hour, Incabloc shock protection, power reserve 42 hours)

2. Swiss Ronda Cal 515 (Special features: Metal movement, repairable / Power saving mechanism with pulled out stem: Reduction of consumption approximately 70%)

The other variations are the color of the tritium (or combination there of), and for thoughs who like the option of choosing straps which also allows for different price points. A rubber dive strap, Nato, bund, or a titanium bracelet.

Base Specs;

44mm case w/o crown, 15mm height, 22mm lug width
Water resistance; 30ATM/300 meters (990 feet)
Sapphire AR Coated Crystal
Screwed titanium double o-ringed crown
120 click titanium bezel (easy to turn, solid clicks, and will not move on you inadvertently)

As previously mentioned the two subtle (IMO important) differences while doing my research (which was shown only in two European based websites or online shops).

1. A black date wheel vs. white (which is shown on most websites)

2. “Swiss Made” is written on the dial vs. “Swiss Movement” (again, which is shown on most websites)

I couldn’t describe it better then what’s written in Mr. Bernd Ewerlin’s website,

“The new Swiss Made TAWATEC - Automatic Titan Diver is the newest generation of tactical watches by TAWATEC AG Biel / Bienne Switzerland“.

… as well as Mr. Bernd Ewerlin confirmed in our correspondence (at which time also confirmed the model of it’s Swiss Ronda Quartz);

“Tawatec is since 5 or 6 month to 100% Swiss Made, before then it had been Swiss Movement as you know”

I’ve worn this watch for a week now, and I’m happy to say that it did not disappoint. This watch will be with me for a long while and has now taken on the duties of being my daily work watch.

If you live or work, (spending most of your time out doors) in a hot or humid climate, I would highly recommend the comfort of titanium bracelet. Can’t wait for winter, so I can experiment with a few other straps, but so long as it’s between 90 and a 100 degrees “all” night. The Ti stays on!

ImageImageImage

Pros: Easy to read large nicely laid out dial (cohesive black date wheel) and feel of the bezel action, Ti case, 9 o’clock crown, “Blue” tritium tubes, even application of it’s PVD coating throughout the entire package, baton style hands, and it’s overall design as well as it wears extremely well. And this quartz is spot on with US gov atomic time!

Cons: No drilled lugs, (if you go with the Ti bracelet, it could be just me but) the way the outside link exit’s the lugs seem a bit od, larger tubes on the Pip and second hand would be nice, and a few numbers on the bezel between the 20 and 35 is just a hair off (could be mine, but it’s not a problem for me. My Vortex is the same).

In conclusion; IMO the overall build an design works very well and as mentioned is my daily wear watch!

Lastly, since I didn’t know about nor wasn’t able to locate information about Milwatches.com. I contacted Swiss Military Watch directly to confirm if Milwatches.com was an AD. After receiving SMW’s conformation, I immediately contacted Mr. Bernd Ewerlin to ask a few questions. Mr. Ewerlin answered my emails and questions promptly and was a pleasure to deal with. Once hitting that proverbial order button, Bernd and Rita processed my order efficiently, insuring my watch was on it’s way from Germany, to Arizona without delay!

http://www.milwatches.com/index.php/cat ... WATEC.html

Note: If you look to the left of the web page, you can select to show the price of the watch in either, EU, GBP, or USD (however the price shown will include the 19% VAT).

If you register, then log into the site. It will show the USD price "without" or "exclude" the 19% VAT.

Thanks for your time!

NOTE: If you rather have the crown positioned at the 3 o'clock side of the case, look at SWM's version of the Titan (cept no PVD version).
Last edited by AZpops on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lance

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: TaWaTec (Tactical Watch Technology) Titanium Diver

Post by matt.wu » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:49 pm

I gotta say, Lance.... I like everything about this watch (except maybe the bracelet - burnt out on the 5-linkers). An excellent choice. Especially love the tritium baton hands.

Cool write-up too. Thanks for taking the time to do it. :thumbsup:
:htfu:

apnk
Supergluing Miscreant
Name: Juan

Post by apnk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Nice review, I like this watch as well.

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Thanks guys! And yeah Matt I agree about the 5 link style bracelet, but I think it (in this case) may have something to do with keeping the cost down. In addition that the Ti bracelet only increased the cost of the watch by $150.00 so in this case it's a heck of a deal!

I will ad though that the 5 or 6 linked bracelet (can't remember be too long ago) on my Zenith Elite was in a whole different league in it's execution. looks and feel!
Lance

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:06 pm

matt.wu wrote:I gotta say, Lance.... I like everything about this watch (except maybe the bracelet - burnt out on the 5-linkers). An excellent choice. Especially love the tritium baton hands.

+1 great watch Lance. now beat the shit out of it!

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:16 am

toxicavenger wrote:
matt.wu wrote:I gotta say, Lance.... I like everything about this watch (except maybe the bracelet - burnt out on the 5-linkers). An excellent choice. Especially love the tritium baton hands.

+1 great watch Lance. now beat the shit out of it!

:lol: ... Yeah, if this performs as expected, I plan on wearing this one out! ... :salute:
Lance

MikoDel
Name: Miko

Post by MikoDel » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:37 am

Here is a Titan Auto green on a leather cuff strap. I'm crazy for this look. How long this config. would stand up to water, I don't know.

Not so much, is my guess!
About as long as that badger will circle before he goes for the snake?

Funny, for the sake of rock 'n roll style I am trying not to splash water from handwashing near a watch rated at 300m depth, and taking it off for every shower. Hah! Stupid. But I like it.

The leather scuffs the hell out of the back, though. Glad I really love it. I have no intention of selling so who cares.

Thumbs up to AZPops, nice review and good info. BTW, weighs 125g incl. this Bulldog Leatherworks cuff band.

I also have a Tawatec Auto EO diver, owned for maybe 2 yrs now. The Sellita mov't keeps exceptional time for an auto. I have several sunshine G-Shocks, and the EO diver Sellita is always very, very close to those. I mean, within 30 seconds after more than 30 days! I had a Rolex that couldn't stay within 10 mins, even after a $600 authorized service.

This Titan Auto seems to be keeping equally good time. It seems to be very sensitive to mainspring tension, meaning that if I let it get low on reserve power it slows down noticeably. I guess most do that, but the Sellita seems moreso.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 am

It's got a nice look to it, but I don't get why manufacturers keep avoiding lug holes... :scratch:

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:00 am

hoppyjr wrote:It's got a nice look to it, but I don't get why manufacturers keep avoiding lug holes... :scratch:
They disrupt the curves and styling of the case.

Brimstone
Name: Eric

Post by Brimstone » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:24 am

Weird, I generally never like PVD or tritium, but for some reason I really like this watch. :thumbsup:

425ranger
OMGWTFBBQ
Name: Bill

Post by 425ranger » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Cool, they make a sniper version in red lume too....
Retired
Key West, FL
Have a sparkling day.

MikoDel

Post by MikoDel » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:32 am

hoppyjr wrote:It's got a nice look to it, but I don't get why manufacturers keep avoiding lug holes... :scratch:
What do you mean? The OP mentioned this too. R U referring 2 the fact that the holes for the pins arent drilled clear thru? Why would that make a diff? The pins fit from the inside, so what does it matter?

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:46 am

MikoDel wrote:
What do you mean? The OP mentioned this too. R U referring 2 the fact that the holes for the pins arent drilled clear thru? Why would that make a diff? The pins fit from the inside, so what does it matter?
Calm down Beavis. Many would agree with Ed me included. If you change straps much it really helps preserve the lugs if they are drilled straight thru.
Your mileage may vary. How about you post an intro before you start stomping on established DWC'ers.
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

foodle

Post by foodle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:27 am

MikoDel wrote:
Yes, what would anyone possibly use lug holes for? :raised: :banghead:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:36 pm

foodle wrote:
MikoDel wrote:
Rolex deemed them unnecessary a while ago :monkeypiss:

MikoDel

Post by MikoDel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:09 am

streetracer101 wrote: Rolex deemed them unnecessary a while ago :monkeypiss:
That's the first thing that came to mind for me, too.

That other guy has some temper, A? Sheesh, when you first log in, it says this is supposed to be a friendly place!

foodle

Post by foodle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:07 am

streetracer101 wrote:
foodle wrote:
MikoDel wrote:
:doh:

foodle

Post by foodle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

MikoDel wrote: That other guy has some temper, A? Sheesh, when you first log in, it says this is supposed to be a friendly place!
:roll:

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:07 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
foodle wrote:
MikoDel wrote:
:gayumbrella:
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:59 pm

MikoDel wrote:
streetracer101 wrote: Rolex deemed them unnecessary a while ago :monkeypiss:
That's the first thing that came to mind for me, too.

That other guy has some temper, A? Sheesh, when you first log in, it says this is supposed to be a friendly place!

It's all good Miko.

A lot of us like lug holes because we change straps a lot and it is much easier to swap straps when the lug holes are drilled.

Welcome to DWC :cheers:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Nighted

Post by Nighted » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Thank you for doing this review. Finally I have some feedback about Milwatches.

That is one fine looking hunk of titanium.

In a way I wish I did not find this topic or this forum because now I want that Dievas watch as well! :doh:

-----------------

Just pulled the trigger and ordered the Tawatec. Got a great deal on a red sniper from Milwatches.

It took 2 days for the package to get from Germany to my door in Northern Ontario. That's faster than things I have ordered from Michigan, or even here in the same Province.

Overall I am very impressed with Milwatches and I will likely order from them again should I decide to get another watch.

The watch and ti strap aren't too shabby either. ;)