The NBCF Nomos Club Campus

Watch review archives can be found here.
TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

The NBCF Nomos Club Campus

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:10 am

The NBCF Nomos Club Campuses are two new Club Campus models created by a collaboration between the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Timeless Luxury Watches, and Nomos Glashütte. The NBCF is an amazing organization dedicated to providing help to people affected by breast cancer through early detection, education and support. A portion of the proceeds from each watch goes to the NBCF for fighting breast cancer, one of the most common and aggressive forms of cancer in the world.

The NBCF and Timeless worked together to design a watch that features the color pink, a color that has come to symbolize the cause of breast cancer awareness. But rather than simply creating a solid pink dial, we wanted to incorporate pink into the design in a more subtle way.

The first of the NBCF Club Campuses is this, the 36mm 708.S2. It features a beautiful white silver-plated dial, but with a few subtle changes over the original. The most obvious of which, of course, is the new pink seconds hand.

The numerals, both Arabic and Roman, have a thin line of pink surrounding them as well, a subtle touch that must be appreciated up close. Finally, at least for the front of the watch, the “Made in Germany” writing has been replaced by “Have Hope.”

Our larger 38.5mm model, the 736.S2, contrasts a light pink seconds hand against a dark blue dial. Light blue minute markers adorn the outer edge of the dial, and a silver outline surrounds the hour markers.

The pink accents may be fewer on the larger NBCF Club Campus, but the contrast from the blue dial focuses the attention on the pink seconds hand, making it the bolder of the two.

The solid case back prominently features the logo of the National Breast Cancer Foundation, a tree branch. While the pink ribbon has become a universally recognized symbol for breast cancer, this tree branch symbolizes the NBCF itself. This image comes from a tree branch that the founder of the NBCF, Janelle Hail, saw outside her window following her own treatment for breast cancer. The tree, which had only a single, but bright, red leaf remaining, inspired Janelle to say “I want to be like that leaf, brilliant until the end.” Today, the symbol of the NBCF stands for life, growth, and hope for the future.

A solid case back was chosen to give us a place for this symbol, but also to create space for custom engraving for those who wish to leave a message for the recipient.

Inside each of the new Club Campuses is the modified Alpha movement that we love, a thin and beautiful hand-wound that’s been updated with Nomos’ in-house swing system.

The NBCF Club Campuses are new full production additions to the Club Campus collection and will be available this month. The price for these models is identical to that of the regular Club Campuses they are derived from, $1,500 for the 36mm version and $1,650 for the 38.5mm. They will be arriving March 2019.

Please click here to pre-order the 36mm white dial NBCF Nomos Club Campus or click here to pre-order the 38mm blue dial NBCF Nomos Club Campus.

Buying a watch isn’t the only way to support the NBCF. Please click here to donate to the NBCF or find other ways to help.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: The NBCF Nomos Club Campus

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am

This very worthy charity would make a lot more money if these watches were better.

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:50 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am
This very worthy charity would make a lot more money if these watches were better.
If you like the charity but not the watches, please consider visiting the NBCF and making a donation directly.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:53 pm

I think the ladies version is stunning.

I bought #15 for my wife for our 15th anniversary next year - evidently the modern gift for the 15th is watches. Now I just have to 1) figure out what I want and 2) figure out how to subtly let her know or have a friend steer her to it.

www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:This very worthy charity would make a lot more money if these watches were better.
Who pissed in your Cheerios?
www.simplynoble.net

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:41 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:This very worthy charity would make a lot more money if these watches were better.
You obviously don’t know who you’re talking to. This is regular JP. :)
:htfu:

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 pm

matt.wu wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
You obviously don’t know who you’re talking to. This is regular JP. :)
True. Not everyone is a 1/2 full or 1/2 empty person - some are “I’ll kill whoever the hell drank 1/2 my beer” kind of people. LOL
www.simplynoble.net

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Well it's ok, I always appreciate the honesty. I don't expect everyone to like our designs for one thing, but the feedback helps us plan for the future.