Musk’s “Blade Runner” truck

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
r.palace

Musk’s “Blade Runner” truck

Post by r.palace » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:14 am

He’s trolling us all Image

Last edited by r.palace on Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Re: Musk’s “Blade Runner” truck

Post by deepcdvr » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:30 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:00 pm
Fortunately it is a prototype. Hopefully the finished product looks a little better.
Either way, I prefer the Rivian truck and SUV.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That’s cool - tho its 70K, which is reasonable for what you’re getting
400 mile range
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:55 am

59yukon01 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:38 pm
Torrid wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:13 pm
Just don't see an electric pick up truck being powerful enough to pull a boat, or anything else of substantial size for that matter anytime soon.

Plus that's just fugly. Looks like a pregnant humpback Delorean.
It’s definitely powerful enough. Electric torque is insane. It might be the one thing it actually has going for it.
Wrong statement on my part. It's the charge time, and even finding a station to do so I'd be concerned about. Pulling a boat I can stop, fill up, and be back on the road in 5 minutes. That's what I don't see happening, especially in rural areas many lakes are located.
That’s definitely a big problem given the power demand of towing.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:58 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:30 am
tattoo chef wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:00 pm
Fortunately it is a prototype. Hopefully the finished product looks a little better.
Either way, I prefer the Rivian truck and SUV.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That’s cool - tho its 70K, which is reasonable for what you’re getting
400 mile range
To get the Tesla with that much range you’d be spending close to that anyway. None of that comes for $40k. Not even 4wd.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am

Having been in a bunch of Teslas, they are not impressive cars. Everything about them is second rate - like if China knocked off an actually good EV and then sold it here at 70% of the cost.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:16 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:Having been in a bunch of Teslas, they are not impressive cars. Everything about them is second rate - like if China knocked off an actually good EV and then sold it here at 70% of the cost.
Gotta disagree on that. They’re everywhere here, and the capabilities are on par with the price point. Certainly more than comes with the price tag you pay for German luxury vehicles.
:htfu:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:21 pm

Meanwhile Harley Davidson is trying to sell the Livewire for $30k with a 95 mile range.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:29 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:16 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:Having been in a bunch of Teslas, they are not impressive cars. Everything about them is second rate - like if China knocked off an actually good EV and then sold it here at 70% of the cost.
Gotta disagree on that. They’re everywhere here, and the capabilities are on par with the price point. Certainly more than comes with the price tag you pay for German luxury vehicles.
Im talking about things like body panel fit, interior finishing - things like that. Some of the shitty cast wheels that they put on their expensive sedans would fit right in on a 2000 Ford Sedan. Things like that are totally incompatible to a 30-70k Audi.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:06 pm

tesla should fix their lack of parts issue first before making more cars/trucks. I agree with JP their fit and finish is pretty weak imo.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:26 pm

His stunt pulling the F150 in 2wd either shows he doesn’t know how trucks actually work or Musk is a dishonest shitbag. The Cybertruck should still win in that case due to weight. Either way I was a big fan of Musk and Tesla, but fuck him now. He’ll never see a dime from me.

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:59 pm

He has got to be trolling the world with that thing.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:29 am

Wow, I didn’t know that about the ATV. Is this guy turning into the automotive equivalent of Kobold? I’m being 100% honest here that I was a huge fan of him and Tesla and was considering getting a Model S sometime next year, though likely used. I wanted a dual motor for AWD to use year round when I didn’t need the capabilities of my truck. The night this truck released has completely opened my eyes to his bullshit and it just keeps happening.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:40 am

I respect a lot of what Musk has been trying to do, but with the way things seem to have been going for him lately, I'm reminded of what happened to John DeLorean (minus the cocaine trafficking, of course). Time will tell, but both Tesla and SpaceX have significant issues right now.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 am

I still wonder if he is trolling us all. Either he is trolling us or he is going a little insane. Some say his end game is colonizing/mining Mars, given that his companies include fabricating life support systems, mining equipment, solar equipment, batteries, space ships, electric vehicles, etc.... and the Tesla stuff is just a fun distraction for him.... either way it will be fun to see how the rest of his life plays out.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:42 am

dnslater wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 am
I still wonder if he is trolling us all. Either he is trolling us or he is going a little insane. Some say his end game is colonizing/mining Mars, given that his companies include fabricating life support systems, mining equipment, solar equipment, batteries, space ships, electric vehicles, etc.... and the Tesla stuff is just a fun distraction for him.... either way it will be fun to see how the rest of his life plays out.
He can’t release this truck. Not with the way the stainless construction is if the whole thing is truly built that way. He’s going to be selling a sub 3 second to 60 battering ram that weighs more than a standard 1/2 ton truck with almost no crumple zone. Just wait until some moron piles it into a bus full of kids.

It literally ignores most regulations that exist in the United States. The side windows do not break away. Even though they broke in his test, they held together like a windshield. It will have to gain side mirrors as well. The rear tonneau will be redesigned. I do think he’s trolling and the amount of idiots that put down a $100 refundable deposit shows how stupid the population is. Come on now, you can’t even get a $100 refundable deposit in the watch industry, how is that supposed to show the Tesla release was a successful one.

Not to mention the Tesla nut swingers saying Tesla has this electric motor thing in the bag. Sure their battery tech is pretty solid, but GM just released info on the upcoming electric Silverado. GM has had a hand in making electric motors to move tons of payload since before Musk was born. I’m sure EMD will be involved with it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro-Motive_Diesel
JBZ wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:40 am
I respect a lot of what Musk has been trying to do, but with the way things seem to have been going for him lately, I'm reminded of what happened to John DeLorean (minus the cocaine trafficking, of course). Time will tell, but both Tesla and SpaceX have significant issues right now.
Hahaha, maybe cocaine would be his answer as well. I mean they did both design pretty much useless stainless steel bodied vehicles.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:38 pm

I am probably getting on the Mach-E train.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:25 pm

andrema wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:38 pm
I am probably getting on the Mach-E train.
That one interests me and owning 2 Fords I am familiar with their tech. I could see owning that one as a proper replacement for our Edge Sport.

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:16 pm

TSD wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:31 am

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck
Wait a minute! Delorean makes a pickup truck?
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:44 pm

If I could afford one I'd get buy the white flip-top white garbage chute from the Back to the Future 2 delorean and mount some magnets on it :mrgreen:

On a side note, and probably mentioned already, that the actual truck will be begin production in 2021 with a mere refundable $100 deposit... That means you and your high maintenance pals can share your baller status gmail invoices which mean positively dick. :lol: A lot can happen until then with Tesla.

I also heard that the sledge hammer demo knocked the glass off it's protective rails which caused the glass to break with the bearing. Who knows if true but a blessing in disguise they can address. Could also of been by design as bad publicity certainly got him exposure.

I'll never have any skin in the game but like what Musk has done in everything he dabbles in as a pioneer.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:58 pm

He said that about the sledgehammer but both windows broke and only one door was hit with the sledgehammer. He’s just making more excuses as usual.