Car Spotting

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
SoCal C4S
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:05 am
Name: RJ

Re: Car Spotting

Post by SoCal C4S » Wed May 22, 2019 5:56 pm

1989 FJ62 Land Cruiser.

User avatar
DoctorC
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 am
Name: Greg
Location: when you find out, tell me

Re: Car Spotting

Post by DoctorC » Wed May 22, 2019 6:12 pm

SoCal C4S wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:56 pm
1989 FJ62 Land Cruiser.
apnk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:23 am
When kids and especially old shits using the word "sick" to describe something cool.


Dude... Your Land Cruiser is Sick!

Image
Last edited by DoctorC on Wed May 22, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greg

User avatar
Selym
Posts: 1976
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 pm
Name: Myles
Location: Massive Two Shits

Re: Car Spotting

Post by Selym » Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 pm

Toyola Corroda

Image

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 10770
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Car Spotting

Post by logan2z » Wed May 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Is it a violation of the thread rules if someone else spots your car? Picture taken by a friend of mine...

Image

SoCal C4S
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:05 am
Name: RJ

Re: Car Spotting

Post by SoCal C4S » Wed May 22, 2019 6:32 pm

DoctorC wrote:
SoCal C4S wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:56 pm
1989 FJ62 Land Cruiser.
apnk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:23 am
When kids and especially old shits using the word "sick" to describe something cool.


Dude... Your Land Cruiser is Sick!

Image
Thank you! I like it.

SoCal C4S
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:05 am
Name: RJ

Re: Car Spotting

Post by SoCal C4S » Wed May 22, 2019 6:40 pm

logan2z wrote:Is it a violation of the thread rules if someone else spots your car? Picture taken by a friend of mine...

Image
I might pick up another one in the fall or early next year, though the 991 has grown on me.

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 10770
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Car Spotting

Post by logan2z » Wed May 22, 2019 6:42 pm

SoCal C4S wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:40 pm
logan2z wrote:Is it a violation of the thread rules if someone else spots your car? Picture taken by a friend of mine...

Image
I might pick up another one in the fall or early next year, though the 991 has grown on me.
They've kind of grown on me as well. I still have a hard time with the modern Porsche interior, though. Seems a bit too 'luxury' for a sports car.

SoCal C4S
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:05 am
Name: RJ

Re: Car Spotting

Post by SoCal C4S » Wed May 22, 2019 6:54 pm

I’ll likely end up with a 997.2 S or 4S manual, in gray, black or white over black. Not in a hurry, and don’t mind waiting to find exactly what I want. I passively searches for several years for the Land Cruiser above, and am happy that I waited.

User avatar
james80
Posts: 3382
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm
Name: James
Location: A Brit lost in the Caribbean

Re: Car Spotting

Post by james80 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:16 pm

TLgdeL wrote:Image
Yes please!!!

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 2632
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Car Spotting

Post by unsub073 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:42 am

TLgdeL wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:37 pm
Image
I love those things. :love:

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25135
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Car Spotting

Post by BBK357 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:24 am

Image
-
Image
Image
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
Captdave
Posts: 3740
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm
Name: Dave
Location: To be determined

Car Spotting

Post by Captdave » Thu May 23, 2019 2:21 pm

BBK357 wrote:Image
-
Image
Image
Landcruiser rocks. One of my wife’s partners has a G wagon. Always liked them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25135
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Car Spotting

Post by BBK357 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:06 pm

Captdave wrote:
BBK357 wrote:Image
-
Image
Image
Landcruiser rocks. One of my wife’s partners has a G wagon. Always liked them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I would love to have an older LC one day.

Being in Columbus Ohio there aren’t too many hot cars like in big cities or the coast. But I work in a lot of hospitals and I almost always see a G Wagon in the physician parking lot.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
goaliechris
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 pm
Name: Chris

Re: Car Spotting

Post by goaliechris » Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Someone mentioned being patient with a car search. My “one that got away” (because I was stupid) was a stock, never tracked 2001 Acura Type R that I sold in 2004. I want another so badly. Unlikely to find one that hasn’t been fucked with or abused.

Let me know if you see one out there!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44442
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Car Spotting

Post by toxicavenger » Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 pm

goaliechris wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 pm
Someone mentioned being patient with a car search. My “one that got away” (because I was stupid) was a stock, never tracked 2001 Acura Type R that I sold in 2004. I want another so badly. Unlikely to find one that hasn’t been fucked with or abused.

Let me know if you see one out there!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bring a Trailer said a while back in an interview these cars are going for stupid prices right now.

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11554
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Car Spotting

Post by Joeprez » Thu May 23, 2019 7:00 pm

goaliechris wrote:Someone mentioned being patient with a car search. My “one that got away” (because I was stupid) was a stock, never tracked 2001 Acura Type R that I sold in 2004. I want another so badly. Unlikely to find one that hasn’t been fucked with or abused.

Let me know if you see one out there!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love those! Was a big Honda fan during my college years. Last one I modified was an RSX type-S.

Also help a friend putting a H22 (Prelude) engine on a 95 civic hatchback... That thing was a rocket!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 7757
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Car Spotting

Post by 59yukon01 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:07 pm

Image

User avatar
Captdave
Posts: 3740
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm
Name: Dave
Location: To be determined

Re: Car Spotting

Post by Captdave » Sun May 26, 2019 7:21 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Captdave wrote:
BBK357 wrote:Image
-
Image
Image
Landcruiser rocks. One of my wife’s partners has a G wagon. Always liked them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I would love to have an older LC one day.

Being in Columbus Ohio there aren’t too many hot cars like in big cities or the coast. But I work in a lot of hospitals and I almost always see a G Wagon in the physician parking lot.
I might know where there’s a LC or two when you’re ready.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

SoCal C4S
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:05 am
Name: RJ

Re: Car Spotting

Post by SoCal C4S » Sun May 26, 2019 7:25 pm

I’m also thinking about an 80-series LC. Love my 62, but also want an 80.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25135
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Car Spotting

Post by BBK357 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Captdave wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Captdave wrote:
BBK357 wrote:Image
-
Image
Image
Landcruiser rocks. One of my wife’s partners has a G wagon. Always liked them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I would love to have an older LC one day.

Being in Columbus Ohio there aren’t too many hot cars like in big cities or the coast. But I work in a lot of hospitals and I almost always see a G Wagon in the physician parking lot.
I might know where there’s a LC or two when you’re ready.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks. I’ll keep you in mind.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25135
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Car Spotting

Post by BBK357 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:05 pm

My father in laws hummer
Image
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
TLgdeL
Posts: 3227
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:32 pm
Name: Gee Deez
Location: MD

Re: Car Spotting

Post by TLgdeL » Sun May 26, 2019 9:27 pm

Image
Image Image

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5738
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Car Spotting

Post by dnslater » Mon May 27, 2019 3:36 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 pm
goaliechris wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 pm
Someone mentioned being patient with a car search. My “one that got away” (because I was stupid) was a stock, never tracked 2001 Acura Type R that I sold in 2004. I want another so badly. Unlikely to find one that hasn’t been fucked with or abused.

Let me know if you see one out there!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bring a Trailer said a while back in an interview these cars are going for stupid prices right now.
I bought a brand new GSR when I graduated from college. When I had a family I sold it for nothing. Amazing what they are going for now. Today’s direct injection turbo engines have so much more torque, but I miss the sound of those Honda engines at 8,000 rpm.

Abmw
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Car Spotting

Post by Abmw » Fri May 31, 2019 11:42 pm

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"My balls was hot" - Derrick Lewis

User avatar
aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Posts: 7792
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am
Name: J

Re: Car Spotting

Post by aikiman44 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:07 am

Last weekend

ImageImageImageImageImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CarloDWC, JDC222, mattcantwin and 19 guests