Muse @ MSG tonight

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Muse @ MSG tonight

Post by Bradystraps » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 am

I'm super stoked for this show. The Simulation Theory tour is a throwback to the 80's with all sorts of video game themes and pageantry. The reviews have been great and it sounds like the lighting and special effects are quite amazing and over the top. While I don't love the new album, there are a few decent tracks and most of the show will be a great mix of older Muse tracks. This will be the eighth time I've seen them and they truly live up to their billing as one of the greatest live acts going.

:headbang:

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Re: Muse @ MSG tonight

Post by Joeprez » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:00 am

I really like that band... have fun!

Have you seen this short performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpjciAuKBT0

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:56 am

They are on my list to catch one day. Enjoy the show.

Safetystop
Diving (muff) is not a team sport.
Name: Dr. Eaton Beaver

Post by Safetystop » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:26 pm

True story:
I went to go see Rage Against the Machine's last show at the coliseum and Muse opened up. I had never heard of them before and when they started my wife and I looked at each other with disgust. Left to get drunk and come back for Rage. The were fucking horrible and I can't imagine anybody liking these douchenozzles. But, to each their own. The event manager should've been tarred and feathered. How the hell do you match up those fairies with Rage? We weren't the only ones either...there were some "boos" coming from the audience. But, Rage made up for the shitty first half.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:36 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing them live--- Enjoy!

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Saw them a few times and were great. Opened for U2 on the elevation tour as I recall. I only knew a handful of songs but liked them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Joeprez wrote:I really like that band... have fun!

Great vid Joe. Damn.

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:21 am

ericf4 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:59 pm
Joeprez wrote:I really like that band... have fun!

Great vid Joe. Damn.

Yeap very cool... he has an awesome voice.

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:43 am

Safetystop wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:26 pm
True story:
I went to go see Rage Against the Machine's last show at the coliseum and Muse opened up. I had never heard of them before and when they started my wife and I looked at each other with disgust. Left to get drunk and come back for Rage. The were fucking horrible and I can't imagine anybody liking these douchenozzles. But, to each their own. The event manager should've been tarred and feathered. How the hell do you match up those fairies with Rage? We weren't the only ones either...there were some "boos" coming from the audience. But, Rage made up for the shitty first half.

All I can say is... we have wildly different tastes in music then. Muse is widely regarded as one of the best if not the best live acts going today.
It's possible you saw them VERY early on in their career when they were much more raw and still becoming a band. You certainly didn't see them anytime on the past 10-12 years though. But as you say, to each their own.
Last edited by Bradystraps on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:45 am

The show was absolute KILLER. Amazing special effect, lighting and very loud. They played 2 solid hours of absolute kick ass stuff and Bellamy is nothing short of a musical God in my book. Dom and Chris are amazing players as well.

If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed.

Safetystop

Post by Safetystop » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Bradystraps wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:43 am
Safetystop wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:26 pm
True story:

All I can say is... we have wildly different tastes in music then. Muse is widely regarded as one of the best if not the best live acts going today.
It's possible you saw them VERY early on in their career when they were much more raw and still becoming a band. You certainly didn't see them anytime on the past 10-12 years though. But as you say, to each their own.
2011. And yeah, they sucked. "Widely regarded" doesn't mean a whole lot. Phish is "widely regarded" as a great jam band and a great concert. I ain't seeing those douchebags either.

But you had a good time....and that's all that matters

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:40 pm

I made it 50 seconds into Joe’s linked video before bailing. Not my style of music either. I couldn’t imagine 2 hours of it.

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Ryeguy wrote:I made it 50 seconds into Joe’s linked video before bailing. Not my style of music either. I couldn’t imagine 2 hours of it.
That's a slow song from them. If interested, try these ones:

https://youtu.be/w8KQmps-Sog

https://youtu.be/avM_UsVo0IA

https://youtu.be/O2IuJPh6h_A

I'm a grunge fan (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice), as well as Metallica, GnR, etc. This is more in the vein of Radiohead, but heavier and less experimental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Safetystop wrote:True story:
I'm a fan of both bands, but the music is extremely different. I can understand how someone attending a RATM concert would not be happy with MUSE opening. Maybe System of a Down?

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:14 am

Joeprez wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:46 pm
Safetystop wrote:True story:
I'm a fan of both bands, but the music is extremely different. I can understand how someone attending a RATM concert would not be happy with MUSE opening. Maybe System of a Down?

Completely agreed, Joe. It's funny too that one of Matt's big guitar influences is Tom Morello and they are big fans of Rage.
Anyhoo... the show was absolute gold and I will be seeing them again in the late summer/fall. :thumbsup:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:10 am

When I was in high school my friend gave me their first cD, Showbiz. The vocal range is incredible. I haven’t heard or listened to them in many years so I don’t know how they have aged. I think Deftones is a good match for them, they seem similar in style.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 am

Joeprez wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:44 pm
Ryeguy wrote:I made it 50 seconds into Joe’s linked video before bailing. Not my style of music either. I couldn’t imagine 2 hours of it.
That's a slow song from them. If interested, try these ones:

https://youtu.be/w8KQmps-Sog

https://youtu.be/avM_UsVo0IA

https://youtu.be/O2IuJPh6h_A

I'm a grunge fan (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice), as well as Metallica, GnR, etc. This is more in the vein of Radiohead, but heavier and less experimental.

I tried, Joe, I really did. The first one sounded like a formulated pop rock attempt to gain airplay. Catchy, but ultimately forgettable. In the second video I was distracted by the kooks in make-up trying to surf.

To me, it all sounds like background music you might hear in a Bond movie from 10 years ago.

FWIW, they are playing at the Garden in Boston tonight. There looks to be plenty of tickets still available.
Last edited by Ryeguy on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:24 am

BBK357 wrote:I think Deftones is a good match for them, they seem similar in style.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:48 am

Here is a track from my favorite show of theirs. Top notch stuff.

Safetystop

Post by Safetystop » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Ugh....let's get a palate cleanser in here. This is just a random pick and it still smashes those whiney douchebags

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Safetystop wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 pm
Ugh....let's get a palate cleanser in here. This is just a random pick and it still smashes those whiney douchebags

To. Each. Their. Own.
I'll take the whiney douchebags anyday. Peace.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:18 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
BBK357 wrote:I think Deftones is a good match for them, they seem similar in style.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak: