Yngwie Fn Malmsteen

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Yngwie Fn Malmsteen

Post by ericf4 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:45 pm

Was killer tonightImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Yngwie Fn Malmsteen

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Damn how cool. I think it was late 80’s when I saw Yngwie. Had no idea he was still touring. We were at a small amphitheater near the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo. I remember the pyrotechnics were in the orchestra pit right under us. Both the show and the effects were hot. Looks like you enjoyed the show too!
The Hapa

Selym
Name: Myles

Re: Yngwie Fn Malmsteen

Post by Selym » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Brings back good memories of my high school days.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:36 am

I also had no idea he was still touring. Great stuff!
- Todd

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:45 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 pm
Damn how cool. I think it was late 80’s when I saw Yngwie. Had no idea he was still touring. We were at a small amphitheater near the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo. I remember the pyrotechnics were in the orchestra pit right under us. Both the show and the effects were hot. Looks like you enjoyed the show too!
I grew up about 30 miles west of Ft Wayne.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:45 am

Yeah he's still incredible. I got vids too but can't post here unless I send to YouTube.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:51 am

https://youtu.be/gj2N-A0me1M

https://youtu.be/xGz5VyWRLb8

1954Selmer
Name: RC

Post by 1954Selmer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:54 am

I'm packing for my Saturday gig. Should I wear my leather pants??

1954Selmer

Post by 1954Selmer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:56 am

and the Marshall stack is beautiful..

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:57 am

Always.....even when grocery shopping
1954Selmer wrote:I'm packing for my Saturday gig. Should I wear my leather pants??

1954Selmer

Post by 1954Selmer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:25 am

ericf4 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:57 am
Always.....even when grocery shopping
1954Selmer wrote:I'm packing for my Saturday gig. Should I wear my leather pants??

:lol:

Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Post by Sidheguitarist » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:24 am

That “wall of Marshalls" is old-school cool. Totally fits his over-the-top style. Looks like the dude has kept his weight down too; good for him.

Sidheguitarist wrote:I've told this story before, but:

Every year, I attend the largest music equipment trade show on earth as a guest/artist for an acoustic guitar pickup manufacturer: the NAMM show at the Anaheim convention center. It's basically a big showcase for every possible bit of music gear, sort of like a Baselworld, and you have to be badged by a NAMM member business to get in.

One of the many side vignettes of the NAMM show is the celebrity guitarist meet/autograph line. Someone like Yngwie Malmsteen, or Edward VanHalen or Steve Vai (or Nugent, or Stevie Wonder et al.) will go to their respective endorsed booth to sign things while guitar center employees from all corners of the land form a line that winds to the left, and back around the endorsee booth's real estate. The Anaheim center is reported to be something like 1.6 million square feet, so these can be long lines.

These lines wind back forming a square on the borders of the booth threshold purely to keep in out of the aisles as 75,000-95,000 people wander by on their ways to places loud and important. Typically, convention center security (often augmented by uniformed Anaheim PD) form bookends on either side of the celebrity's table to keep the aisle roamers from spontaneously cutting in front of the dragon's tail of guitar center clerks (thus preventing NAMM stabbings).

On one such trip, I am wandering an aisle directly towards the intersection of a dragon's tail of male guitar players and the afore mentioned Swedish hero, Yngwie Malmsteen (who is famous for, among other things, collecting Ferraris and Rolexes) As I get closer to the head of the line, I can hear Yngwie's accent, "Ya man, is really good to see you" as he is shaking the hand of some older guy who is important enough (very) to be permitted to poke his head in front of the que from the right side. By this time, I'm about 10 feet from Malmsteen, and I can see this solid gold, champagne dial, Rolex Presidential on his right wrist, resplendent with diamonds on the bezel; some serious rockstar-approved baller swiss chronometer. As I pull even with the exchange, Yngwie goes: "hey, let me get you a new CD... ", as he reaches under the table with his left hand-the one not being pumped by the mysterious VIP. When Malmsteen comes back up with the CD to pass off, I notice that he has the exact twin to the first Rolex on his other wrist!

That's pretty much in line with both his stage persona and his balls-out ethic.

Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Post by Sidheguitarist » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:29 am

As an aside, I also once saw Yngwie walking through the Anaheim Hilton with a kid in tow; maybe 9-10 years old at the time. Kid was dressed exactly like Yngwie: same hair, same kid-sized aviator shades, same cross bracelet, and shirt open to the sternum. Pretty cute, in an LA/industry sort of way.

Chris S.

Post by Chris S. » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:51 am

I saw yngwie back in the late eighty's . He opened for AC/DC at Daytons harra areana . He was so awesome! We only stayed for half of the AC/DC show. Needless to say the headliner was boring after his proformance.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be