Jack Ryan

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
unsub073
Name: chris

Re: Jack Ryan

Post by unsub073 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:27 am

JDC222 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:08 am
It was good and I liked it but I liked The Bodyguard better...
I will add this to the list to watch.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Jack Ryan

Post by Chocodove » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Just started season 2. Didn’t even realize it was released last week.
- Todd

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:47 pm
Just started season 2. Didn’t even realize it was released last week.
Just binged and enjoyed the timelines of this Season 2 storyline. :thumbsup:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Jack Ryan

Post by BBK357 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:19 pm

On episode 4. I wish it was a longer season. Kinda sad peter told me no boobs in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Chocodove wrote:Just started season 2. Didn’t even realize it was released last week.
Just finished it tonight waiting for my work for the night to arrive. Wish it’d had a few more episodes. 8 is pretty thin season. Another good offering though. Enjoyed it.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 pm

I will check this out, thanks for the heads up

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:20 am

One episode left in season 2. Excellent, but I think I liked season 1 more.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:54 pm

I liked it overall, but I found the final episode pretty unbelievable. Exciting though.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:59 am

Just finished season 2 episode 2---so far so good..

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 pm

I finished episode 4 last night. I like it, but I think I like the first season better. Still quite good, though.

But what happened to Abbie Cornish? :shrug:

- Todd

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:54 pm

Sadly, she isn’t even mentioned.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:31 am

I still need to start season 2.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:44 am

I watched both seasons and although I initially thought it was good, I re-watched season one with some dudes on a submarine recently and they started picking it apart - by the time we were done watching I had a completely different view of the series and now find it comically bad... sorry to be 'that guy' on this thread.

Between the too-tight-tshirts, tacticool "I'm a bad-ass" look from Jim Halpert who is always frowning and puffing his chest out, the incredible coincidences, bs fight scenes, move-shoot-communicate storylines where a four man team - that's never worked together (two of them cubicle commandos) - that take on and kill dozens of trained soldiers, etc... it just got to be too much lol

Entertaining though, but now in a comical way..

Sorry in advance :)
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:51 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:44 am
I watched both seasons and although I initially thought it was good, I re-watched season one with some dudes on a submarine recently and they started picking it apart - by the time we were done watching I had a completely different view of the series and now find it comically bad... sorry to be 'that guy' on this thread.

Between the too-tight-tshirts, tacticool "I'm a bad-ass" look from Jim Halpert who is always frowning and puffing his chest out, the incredible coincidences, bs fight scenes, move-shoot-communicate storylines where a four man team - that's never worked together (two of them cubicle commandos) - that take on and kill dozens of trained soldiers, etc... it just got to be too much lol

Hey, Arnold Schwarzenegger once killed an entire army all by himself, and still had enough energy to throw a metal pipe through Bennett.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:27 am

Finished it the other night and I loved it. Action packed. Just needs boobs.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:28 am

deepcdvr wrote:I watched both seasons and although I initially thought it was good, I re-watched season one with some dudes on a submarine recently and they started picking it apart - by the time we were done watching I had a completely different view of the series and now find it comically bad... sorry to be 'that guy' on this thread.

I see what you’re saying. This is why I cannot watch Hospital/medical dramas. My wife watches them and I’ll catch a little of it and the inaccuracy drives me crazy.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:59 am

deepcdvr wrote:I watched both seasons and although I initially thought it was good, I re-watched season one with some dudes on a submarine recently and they started picking it apart - by the time we were done watching I had a completely different view of the series and now find it comically bad... sorry to be 'that guy' on this thread.

That’s with any show or movie though, in any genre. In the end, it’s fictional, not a documentary. I mean, how in the hell is Rocky in the same weight class as Dolph Lundgren? The fight would never happen. Rambo any one? Bourne movies? I mean, it’s all fictional entertainment. Of course none of it is based on reality.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:11 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:59 am

That’s with any show or movie though, in any genre. In the end, it’s fictional, not a documentary. I mean, how in the hell is Rocky in the same weight class as Dolph Lundgren? The fight would never happen. Rambo any one? Bourne movies? I mean, it’s all fictional entertainment. Of course none of it is based on reality.

Same with lawyer movies and tv shows. If anyone made a program about what lawyers really do on a day to day basis, no one would watch (at least I hope no one would watch).

That said, I did find the last episode of the second season of Jack Ryan to be pretty unbelievable, even in the context of the show. But it was exciting and well acted, and sometimes that's enough.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:57 am

Along the same lines, I enjoyed The Night Manager...

https://youtu.be/JfzzLqzEf-I
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:11 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:44 am

I feel the same way about all the X-men movies...
I grew up reading all X titles faithfully...

When I watch the movies, I'm like WTF? That's not how it happened! :angryfire: :banghead:

:lol:
Greg

FlyPenFly
Name: Off, Jerk

Post by FlyPenFly » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:46 am

Why did they kill the senator, doesnt make any sense. Also, if a US senator is assassinated abroad, they're going to send more than 2 dudes from the CIA...

But whatever, it was still pretty okay to watch