For Ben RIP AVICII

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Post Reply
User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14449
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by ericf4 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:47 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avicii# ... 14_003.jpg

Why couldn't it have been Bieber
...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


Last edited by ericf4 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Thank you now the healing process can begin


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30851
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:51 pm

It’s sad that he died, but I had literally never heard his name until he was dead. I am old, though.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5468
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:23 pm

CGSshorty wrote:It’s sad that he died, but I had literally never heard his name until he was dead. I am old, though.
Same for me. In hindsight, I can understand the respect for him. I grew up mostly on techno and metal.
- Todd

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 14226
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:26 pm

I like the Red Hot Chilli Pipers version of his tune, Wake Me Up....

https://youtu.be/t5DVhoel7AA
Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody that you meet.

User avatar
Heuerville
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 am
Name: Stewart
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by Heuerville » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Avicii was a truly gifted artist, and produced some of the most iconic music of his generation.. he will be very sadly missed.
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 4463
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by Seppia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Chocodove wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:It’s sad that he died, but I had literally never heard his name until he was dead. I am old, though.
Same for me. In hindsight, I can understand the respect for him. I grew up mostly on techno and metal.
The only mixes of techno and metal I can think of are Alec Empire, Ministry and Atari Teenage Riot, maybe you like those (I’m a fan of Alec empire)?

What kind of metal?
I’m curious as you did not strike me as a metal guy, but I know most of “us” are undercover :)

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:42 pm

JDC222 wrote:I like the Red Hot Chilli Pipers version of his tune, Wake Me Up....

https://youtu.be/t5DVhoel7AA

That’s awesome
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5468
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Seppia wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:It’s sad that he died, but I had literally never heard his name until he was dead. I am old, though.
Same for me. In hindsight, I can understand the respect for him. I grew up mostly on techno and metal.
The only mixes of techno and metal I can think of are Alec Empire, Ministry and Atari Teenage Riot, maybe you like those (I’m a fan of Alec empire)?

What kind of metal?
I’m curious as you did not strike me as a metal guy, but I know most of “us” are undercover :)
:)

For metalish stuff, Fear Factory, Meshuggah, Dillinger Escape Plan, Life of Agony, and yes, Ministry just to name a few.

For techno I like Richie Hawtin, Jeff Mills, Chris Liebing, and so many more. Not the rah rah BS most people think of the genre.
- Todd

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 14226
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:43 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:42 pm
JDC222 wrote:I like the Red Hot Chilli Pipers version of his tune, Wake Me Up....

https://youtu.be/t5DVhoel7AA

That’s awesome
We will be playing with them in Switzerland in 3 weeks... :thumbsup:
Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody that you meet.

unsub073
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: For Ben RIP AVICII

Post by unsub073 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 am

JDC222 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:26 pm
I like the Red Hot Chilli Pipers version of his tune, Wake Me Up....

https://youtu.be/t5DVhoel7AA
Have to admit, I was expecting the Chili Peppers, not Pipers when i went there. It is still a pretty cool cover of that song.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: demer03, ericf4, hidden by leaves, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests