Vinnie Paul

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Chocodove
Name: Todd

Vinnie Paul

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:10 am

I hadn’t been following him recently, but in his Pantera heyday he was certainly one of the best. They got me through a lot of angst during my HS years. Strange they haven’t given a cause yet, but I’m sure it’s not natural.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... es-aged-54
- Todd

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Vinnie Paul

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:55 am

Last edited by BBK357 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Re: Vinnie Paul

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:56 am

So the old drummer from an 80’s band dies and he gets a thread but when Avicii died nobody cares?
DWC is showing its age again
DEATH FROM ABOVE

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:10 am

BBK357 wrote:So the old drummer from an 80’s band dies and he gets a thread but when Avicii died nobody cares? Image
DWC is showing its age again Image
Because Avicii is nobody.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:11 am

Who the hell is Avicii? :lol:
- Todd

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Wow.

As a matter of fact I have Vulgar Display of Power CD in my car now and have been reminiscing with them and a couple other Metal bands. Yes, I still have CDs and use them in my barebones vehicle. :shrug:

Could write a lot more in this post but he and his brother were the best metal duo IMHO. I still love watching Dimebag on youtube and his guitar clinics. If I had that talent I wouldn't leave the house and would have some very pissed-off neighbors. Both seemed larger than life.

Shame him and Anselmo couldn't make a mends after the Dimebag tragedy. I never understood exactly why Vinnie put the brunt of the blame on Anselmo for a unforeseeable tragedy. Phil always seems receptive to reunite

At least now he's at peace with Darrell. Sad.

They (Vinne and Darrell) drank whiskey like water and unlike most bands of the era as confirmed by multiple bands. Hope Vinnie had gotten a bit smarter in later life but maybe the earlier years caught-up to him. I hope it wasn't suicide.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:38 pm

sierra11b wrote:Wow.

As a matter of fact I have Vulgar Display of Power CD in my car now and have been reminiscing with them and a couple other Metal bands. Yes, I still have CDs and use them in my barebones vehicle. :shrug:

Could write a lot more in this post but he and his brother were the best metal duo IMHO. I still love watching Dimebag on youtube and his guitar clinics. If I had that talent I wouldn't leave the house and would have some very pissed-off neighbors. Both seemed larger than life.

Shame him and Anselmo couldn't make a mends after the Dimebag tragedy. I never understood exactly why Vinnie put the brunt of the blame on Anselmo for a unforeseeable tragedy. Phil always seems receptive to reunite

They (Vinne and Darrell) drank whiskey like water and unlike most bands of the era as confirmed by multiple bands. Hope Vinnie had gotten a bit smarter in later life but maybe the earlier years caught-up to him. I hope it wasn't suicide.
Damage plan and hell yeah were good as well. AVICII. Lol. I'm still laughing that Ben would utter that nobody in the same sentence as Vinnie Paul or anyone for that matter. Hell, the clerc at my local 711 is more known than AVICII.

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:21 pm

ericf4 wrote:

Damage plan and hell yeah were good as well. AVICII. Lol. I'm still laughing that Ben would utter that nobody in the same sentence as Vinnie Paul or anyone for that matter. Hell, the clerc at my local 711 is more known than AVICII.

Your lack of appreciation for Avicii shows how narrow your musical scope is- especially for someone who loves music and a frequent concert goer. He made EDM a household genre. I guess Not surprising really.
I appreciate some rock music. But pantera was before my time. Which is why the death of a fat drummer who had a lifetime of a bad drug/life balance does not make me sad.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Spoken like a true millennial

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:58 pm

BBK357 wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

Your lack of appreciation for Avicii shows how narrow your musical scope is- especially for someone who loves music and a frequent concert goer. He made EDM a household genre. I guess Not surprising really.
I appreciate some rock music. But pantera was before my time. Which is why the death of a fat drummer who had a lifetime of a bad drug/life balance does not make me sad.
Stop it. You’re making me feel old. I refuse to feel old. Except when my back hurts.
The Hapa