Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Post Reply
AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 8835
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:25 am

Did any of you guys catch the first look at Solo: A Star Wars Story?

Just in case you didn't they released the teaser trailer too. Thought that
Star Wars fans might enjoy. Here it is right below for you guys... :)



User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15014
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 am

I enjoyed the other stand-alone SW movie, and this one looks good too. I hope they make a Vader one based on the recent comics.

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5528
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by Chocodove » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am

I can't keep up with all the SW movies anymore.
- Todd

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 2968
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by nweash » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 am

Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, and Woody Harrelson. Great cast for an origin story.

A new Star Wars every year is my Christmas Day.
Image

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 8835
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:29 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 am
I enjoyed the other stand-alone SW movie, and this one looks good too. I hope they make a Vader one based on the recent comics.
Chocodove wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am
I can't keep up with all the SW movies anymore.

Definitely think there will be a Darth Vader movie down the road Jacob. :thumbsup:
They have been talking about future Yoda, Boba Fett, and even Obi-Wan
Kenobi movies. So Darth will hopefully get his own movie, or movies in
the future too maybe.

Todd, this Han Solo movie is just about a younger Han Solo, and stands
apart from the sequels The Force Awakens, and The Last Jedi. Basically
if you liked Han Solo years back, you might enjoy this look into his earlier
story, and adventures sir. :)
Last edited by AtomicTom on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15014
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 am

Something based on this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Vader_Down

Would be much better than the emo dipshit Anakin or the barely functional mechanical Vader we've seen in the movies. I'd pirate a move based on that!

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 8835
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 am

nweash wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 am
Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, and Woody Harrelson. Great cast for an origin story.

A new Star Wars every year is my Christmas Day.

It does look like a really cool cast Nick, and just from the preview, you can see
that it once again has that classic feel to it. Wonder whether this will be the
only movie, or if they will make a series out of it. :o Either way, it's ridiculously
cool that they are just making these movies like this. ..Really is like Christmas
every time once comes out ! :santa:

User avatar
BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Posts: 19201
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by BSears » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 am

I think they
should
put Samuel L. Jackson in one
as well
as John Travolta and Harvey Keitel.
But
no Tarantino since he’s too polarizing and is basically a piece of
shit in
Real
Life
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Image

RIP Rocky (8/15/05-11/25/16)

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 8835
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 am
Something based on this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Vader_Down

Would be much better than the emo dipshit Anakin or the barely functional mechanical Vader we've seen in the movies. I'd pirate a move based on that!
BSears wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 am
I think they
should
put Samuel L. Jackson in one
as well
as John Travolta and Harvey Keitel.
But
no Tarantino since he’s too polarizing and is basically a piece of
shit in
Real
Life
Very cool link, and story there Jacob ! 8-) ..Think that really would be a great idea when you
think about it ! We would see a whole different side to him I think. Thanks so much ! :thumbsup:

Brad, that is some kind of cast sir ! :o I know Samuel L. Jackson has been rumored to want
his own Mace Windu movie at some point too. So you must be strong with the Force ! :)
Last edited by AtomicTom on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15014
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm

BSears wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 am
I think they
should
put Samuel L. Jackson in one
as well
as John Travolta and ... Tarantino
That sounds like an awesome payload for the next Space X test launch.

User avatar
james80
Posts: 3139
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm
Name: James
Location: A Brit lost in the Caribbean

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by james80 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Chocodove wrote:I can't keep up with all the SW movies anymore.
I can’t either.

Are they all made by the same studio? I don’t understand how the rights work.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15014
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:43 pm

james80 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 pm
Chocodove wrote:I can't keep up with all the SW movies anymore.
I can’t either.

Are they all made by the same studio? I don’t understand how the rights work.
Disney owns SW now. All of them are Disney.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14645
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by ericf4 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:48 pm

i think it looks cool. I know many of the star wars geeks out there get their dicks in a knot over stuff like this etc. I simply look for 2 hours of entertainment.....dont care how it plays into the series yada yada......is it fun to watch and is shit blowing up....thats all i want for my 12 bucks.

User avatar
james80
Posts: 3139
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm
Name: James
Location: A Brit lost in the Caribbean

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by james80 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:54 pm

ericf4 wrote:i think it looks cool. I know many of the star wars geeks out there get their dicks in a knot over stuff like this etc. I simply look for 2 hours of entertainment.....dont care how it plays into the series yada yada......is it fun to watch and is shit blowing up....thats all i want for my 12 bucks.
I agree with you on that, not just on SW but movies in general.

Except The Hobbit, it was one book not three, lord of the rings was three, the hobbit was one why three movies, it’s just not right!

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 8835
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by AtomicTom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:15 am

Think you are right on Eric, it's just about having fun really, and enjoying a couple of hours. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

James, Jacob is right sir. Disney bought Lucasfilm a few years back, but Lucasfilm is still
alive within them helping to continue, and expand Star Wars. With them creating the
recent sequels, but also new stand alone movies like Rogue One, and the Han Solo movie
here. :)

On a side note, James, have you heard about there being a Lord of the Rings series coming
to Amazon? Heard about that a little while back. :thumbsup: ..Also, Peter Jackson was a big part
of the upcoming Mortal Engines too evidently !

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30981
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:00 pm

james80 wrote:
ericf4 wrote:i think it looks cool. I know many of the star wars geeks out there get their dicks in a knot over stuff like this etc. I simply look for 2 hours of entertainment.....dont care how it plays into the series yada yada......is it fun to watch and is shit blowing up....thats all i want for my 12 bucks.
I agree with you on that, not just on SW but movies in general.

Except The Hobbit, it was one book not three, lord of the rings was three, the hobbit was one why three movies, it’s just not right!
It’s a short book. There’s no money in that.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Posts: 19201
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by BSears » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:39 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 am
Something based on this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Vader_Down

Would be much better than the emo dipshit Anakin or the barely functional mechanical Vader we've seen in the movies. I'd pirate a move based on that!
BSears wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 am
I think they
should
put Samuel L. Jackson in one
as well
as John Travolta and Harvey Keitel.
But
no Tarantino since he’s too polarizing and is basically a piece of
shit in
Real
Life
Very cool link, and story there Jacob ! 8-) ..Think that really would be a great idea when you
think about it ! We would see a whole different side to him I think. Thanks so much ! :thumbsup:

Brad, that is some kind of cast sir ! :o I know Samuel L. Jackson has been rumored to want
his own Mace Windu movie at some point too. So you must be strong with the Force ! :)
Jackson as Mace would be interesting to say the least. I kind of liked SLJ as Nick Fury in the Avengers series.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Image

RIP Rocky (8/15/05-11/25/16)

User avatar
cdnwatchguy
Posts: 6346
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:56 am
Name: Keith
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by cdnwatchguy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Had me at Emilia Clarke. :love:
cheers,

Keith

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 8835
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by AtomicTom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:38 am

BSears wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:39 pm
AtomicTom wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 am
Something based on this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Vader_Down

Would be much better than the emo dipshit Anakin or the barely functional mechanical Vader we've seen in the movies. I'd pirate a move based on that!
BSears wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 am
I think they
should
put Samuel L. Jackson in one
as well
as John Travolta and Harvey Keitel.
But
no Tarantino since he’s too polarizing and is basically a piece of
shit in
Real
Life
Very cool link, and story there Jacob ! 8-) ..Think that really would be a great idea when you
think about it ! We would see a whole different side to him I think. Thanks so much ! :thumbsup:

Brad, that is some kind of cast sir ! :o I know Samuel L. Jackson has been rumored to want
his own Mace Windu movie at some point too. So you must be strong with the Force ! :)
Jackson as Mace would be interesting to say the least. I kind of liked SLJ as Nick Fury in the Avengers series.
cdnwatchguy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:57 pm
Had me at Emilia Clarke. :love:
Think you are right Brad ! :thumbsup: A Mace Windu backstory, or even sequel somehow would be neat to see ! :)

Keith, Emilia is cool ! :headbang:

By the way, did you here the Game of Thrones series creators will be making a Star Wars movie down the road?

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30981
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:47 pm

cdnwatchguy wrote:Had me at Emilia Clarke. :love:
She’s my favorite. Have you seen my shirt?

Image
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11240
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by fastward » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:38 pm

I bet the wife loves your shirt.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story preview

Post by BacoNoir » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:43 pm

fastward wrote:I bet the wife loves your shirt. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he wears it during sex with the wife, does it count as a threesome if he blow the load on the shirt?
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], R_Ongjoco, Sidheguitarist and 3 guests