What do you drive???

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
andy tims
Name: Andy Tims

Re: What do you drive???

Post by andy tims » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:03 am

The latest addition to my stable

For those that might not be aware, this is a very special 2005 Renault Clio Trophy. Car 8 of a 500 unit run for the UK market only, all in the same colour. They came with (relatively speaking) very expensive Sachs dampers and handle beautifully.
I've wanted one for years and it's an absolute hoot to drive. Values expected to rise too, so happy days.
Andy

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:13 am

Funny this thread popped up on active topics.

First full size truck

Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:16 am

andy tims wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:03 am

For those that might not be aware, this is a very special 2005 Renault Clio Trophy. Car 8 of a 500 unit run for the UK market only, all in the same colour. They came with (relatively speaking) very expensive Sachs dampers and handle beautifully.
I've wanted one for years and it's an absolute hoot to drive. Values expected to rise too, so happy days.
Very cool ride.
only accurate watches are interesting

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:33 am

andy tims wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:03 am

I really like this, is it the same engine as the 172?

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 am

Two nice additions, gentlemen. That Clio looks like fun, Andy. I've always been a sucker for small hatchbacks.
The Chevy looks immaculate, Mike. What year?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

andy tims
Name: Andy Tims

Post by andy tims » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:04 am

marchone wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:16 am
Very cool ride.
Thanks
james80 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:33 am

I really like this, is it the same engine as the 172?
Cheers

Yes, pretty well the same, but rated at 182 bhp
Andy

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:14 am

That Renault looks cool! Congrats on it.

Mike cool truck, now you can't complain about fitting supplies into the Jeep. So get to work on that house!!!

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:57 am

Mike was there a reason you went with Chevy as opposed to Ford or Dodge? Just curious of the thought process and looking at upgrading to a newer truck soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

demer03

Post by demer03 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:01 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 am
Two nice additions, gentlemen. That Clio looks like fun, Andy. I've always been a sucker for small hatchbacks.
'13. Local guy deals exclusively in off lease corporate from GM, Ford and Jeep. Always low mileage which helps me avoid the initial hit because I put so many on. I have a 4 year run on any vehicle. Hits 110-120K and off to another.

So far very pleased. Very well cared for.

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:07 am

demer03

Post by demer03 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:15 am

zepp21 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:57 am
Mike was there a reason you went with Chevy as opposed to Ford or Dodge? Just curious of the thought process and looking at upgrading to a newer truck soon.

First of all, I have actually become less brand sensitive and focused more on buying from "my guy" and what he has come through the lot. I hate the car buying process. I get max trade in, under market sell price and their team vet's the cars well.

Now, he had all three brands there. Honestly, I am not a GM fan, but the research I did came to one solid fact: One of the products GM does well and is tried and true is the full size truck line. The major complaints I found were "look" and "accessory" related. Bulletproof was the term I saw over and over.

Nothing against the Ford and Dodge. Both were nice. I guess I also liked the lines of the Silverado better too.

First time so it will be a learning process.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:21 am

my Lease on the Acura MDX is up soon and I gotta figure out the next car. Not sure whether i need another SUV or a sedan.....Really liking this Giulia but no clue on reliability etc. Just a cool looking car...at reasonable price. Anyone have experience with an Alfa?

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:26 am

demer03 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 am
'13. Local guy deals exclusively in off lease corporate from GM, Ford and Jeep. Always low mileage which helps me avoid the initial hit because I put so many on. I have a 4 year run on any vehicle. Hits 110-120K and off to another.

So far very pleased. Very well cared for.
In going to have to start doing that. I did 8-10k a year in NY. I'm doing about 15k a year in Florida. Leasing isn't worth it any more. So I'm going to buy 2 year old luxury cars and trade in every few years.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:35 am

zepp21 wrote:Mike was there a reason you went with Chevy as opposed to Ford or Dodge? Just curious of the thought process and looking at upgrading to a newer truck soon.

I've got a 1500 Sierra. For me the decision was multifactorial. I'm wearing of the aluminum on the Ford's, and they want the same price for the V6 as GM charges for the V8. Fueled economy is similar, so I didn't see the advantage. The interior of the GMC is nicer than the Silverado, but the Silverado trucks are generally a couple grand cheaper. I don't like Dodge. I've driven several Rams and while they look nice, they all felt cheap and review after review days they're less durable. The Yota would've been my choice, but they're too expensive and the resale on them makes buying a lightly used one cost prohibitive.

After 2 yrs of ownership of my 2014, it's only gone to the shop for 3 oil changes, an alignment and a seatbelt recall. It's been a great truck so far. The only regret I have is I didn't go crew cab and I went gas v diesel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

demer03

Post by demer03 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:45 am

^^Diesel would have been fun^^

zepp21

Post by zepp21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:23 am

streetracer101 wrote:
zepp21 wrote:Mike was there a reason you went with Chevy as opposed to Ford or Dodge? Just curious of the thought process and looking at upgrading to a newer truck soon.

I've got a 1500 Sierra. For me the decision was multifactorial. I'm wearing of the aluminum on the Ford's, and they want the same price for the V6 as GM charges for the V8. Fueled economy is similar, so I didn't see the advantage. The interior of the GMC is nicer than the Silverado, but the Silverado trucks are generally a couple grand cheaper. I don't like Dodge. I've driven several Rams and while they look nice, they all felt cheap and review after review days they're less durable. The Yota would've been my choice, but they're too expensive and the resale on them makes buying a lightly used one cost prohibitive.

After 2 yrs of ownership of my 2014, it's only gone to the shop for 3 oil changes, an alignment and a seatbelt recall. It's been a great truck so far. The only regret I have is I didn't go crew cab and I went gas v diesel.

That makes sense. My '14 Ram has been a blast to drive. Crew cab is a great thing with friends and family around. No issues yet besides a shock that was replaced under warranty.

I like the looks of the Ram the best. Not sold on the aluminum as well on Ford's. Chevy was nice but when family works at a dodge dealer, it's much easier to get the discount and such from them.

I wish they put the 6.4L in the 1500, that would be a game changer for me.

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:58 am

My wife nuts…
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:19 pm

My daily driver. Bought brand new in 01, and has been paid for since 2004. Has 222,000 miles and still runs like the day I bought it. The wife drives the nice car. Payment free is very addicting.

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:34 pm

^ Payment free is super addicting. It's compounding in a better way in the long run. Wife & I are payment free and continue to "pay" ourselves every month so every few years she gets a newer car with 0 debt. It's working for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:05 pm

zepp21 wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:

That makes sense. My '14 Ram has been a blast to drive. Crew cab is a great thing with friends and family around. No issues yet besides a shock that was replaced under warranty.

I like the looks of the Ram the best. Not sold on the aluminum as well on Ford's. Chevy was nice but when family works at a dodge dealer, it's much easier to get the discount and such from them.

I wish they put the 6.4L in the 1500, that would be a game changer for me.

I'm not a brand loyal guy, but I avoid some brands. My father had a 2010 Dodge 2500 diesel and in under 100k miles, the engine was replaced once and the tranny was replaced twice. He hated that thing. I rented a 2500 Dodge with a hemi 3 wks ago and it was a hog. The interior felt cheap and it rattled like crazy with only 3k miles. I literally pulled over after getting it because it felt like I had a flat tire.

The Rebel editions intrigue me, as do the 1/2 tons with diesel, but I don't think that intrigue will ever convert to ownership. My next truck will be a GMC 2500 SLE crew with diesel.... just need to justify the increase in price :-)

zepp21

Post by zepp21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:37 pm

I do like the rebel but 55k price tag is steep for what you get. I'd love a 2500 but have no real need for a diesel or 2500. I'm surprised you're rattled that much. Do you know which edition it was? My big horn is quiet except for the tires which whine a bit on the highway.

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:49 pm

zepp21 wrote:I do like the rebel but 55k price tag is steep for what you get. I'd love a 2500 but have no real need for a diesel or 2500. I'm surprised you're rattled that much. Do you know which edition it was? My big horn is quiet except for the tires which whine a bit on the highway.

It was a basic model. Hemi, power windows, 4wd and nothing much else. I did like the ride height and side. The bed was massive compared to that on my current rig.
To be fair, my truck rattles some too, but I have 33" duratracs and a leveling kit hurting me.

stonehead887
Name: Jeremy

Post by stonehead887 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:18 pm

I have VW CC and wife BMW 1 series. Both 2lt diesel so overjoyed at the announcement of new daily charge for cities in the UK. I love throwing watch funds at the government
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:30 am

Seppia wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:22 pm
If I had to buy a new car now I would still get the newer version of my actual car, the A3 quattro.
Small, svelte, classy but kickass.

The A3's are nice. I had one when they first came out. At the time they didn't offer the quattro over here.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:40 am

My TJ
Nothing fancy, only 3" lift and 33's MT on MT rims and been loving it for the past 13 years ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)