What do you drive???

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Posts: 12745
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:25 am
Name: Derek
Location: NC

Re: What do you drive???

Post by ezcheese » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:05 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 am
streetracer101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm
shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 6:22 pm
shaneotool wrote:I drive this truck. I'd like to have something fun to drive too, but i can really only afford one car at a time.

Image
Truck prices are no joke today. A moderately equipped V8 gas 1500 will easily run into the upper 40s. Make the switch to diesel and you can easily get into 60k without blinking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes - it is BS. SUV's are even worse. My wife want a full size SUV and those are ridiculously expensive. Like 50k with cloth seats..

You can get a hell of a nice car for the price of a ho-hum suv or truck...
My wife has requested a Denali XL for her next vehicle. Price is insane.
I'd tell my wife to eat a d if she wanted one of those. None of the trucks or SUVs are worth their asking price. I don't understand where people get the coin to buy these new vehicles.

This reminds me of comments from a friend after he looked at new Escalades. He owned one about 10-15 years ago, but took one look at $90k and walked away.
Seriously. Once you go beyond 60k for an SUV, you should go Porsche.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30206
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: What do you drive???

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm

ezcheese wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 am
streetracer101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm
shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 6:22 pm
shaneotool wrote:I drive this truck. I'd like to have something fun to drive too, but i can really only afford one car at a time.

Image
Truck prices are no joke today. A moderately equipped V8 gas 1500 will easily run into the upper 40s. Make the switch to diesel and you can easily get into 60k without blinking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes - it is BS. SUV's are even worse. My wife want a full size SUV and those are ridiculously expensive. Like 50k with cloth seats..

You can get a hell of a nice car for the price of a ho-hum suv or truck...
My wife has requested a Denali XL for her next vehicle. Price is insane.
I'd tell my wife to eat a d if she wanted one of those. None of the trucks or SUVs are worth their asking price. I don't understand where people get the coin to buy these new vehicles.

This reminds me of comments from a friend after he looked at new Escalades. He owned one about 10-15 years ago, but took one look at $90k and walked away.
Seriously. Once you go beyond 60k for an SUV, you should go Porsche.
Says the guy with no kids.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 2660
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

What do you drive???

Post by nweash » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:09 pm

My parents just got the new Escalade XL. sticker was 93k. I think they paid 83k after incentives. Features are insane.

Image
I
Image
I
Heads up display
Image
I
Rear view mirror is a camera.
Image

Center console has a secret cubby with USB. You have to rub the bottom metal piece and it opens up.
Image

I barely got to test drive the thing before they drove it from CA to IOWA.

Grear car, however I still prefer my Lexus for quality and aesthetic reasons.
Image

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5404
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: What do you drive???

Post by Torrid » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm
ezcheese wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 am
streetracer101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm
shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 6:22 pm
shaneotool wrote:I drive this truck. I'd like to have something fun to drive too, but i can really only afford one car at a time.

Image
Truck prices are no joke today. A moderately equipped V8 gas 1500 will easily run into the upper 40s. Make the switch to diesel and you can easily get into 60k without blinking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes - it is BS. SUV's are even worse. My wife want a full size SUV and those are ridiculously expensive. Like 50k with cloth seats..

You can get a hell of a nice car for the price of a ho-hum suv or truck...
My wife has requested a Denali XL for her next vehicle. Price is insane.
I'd tell my wife to eat a d if she wanted one of those. None of the trucks or SUVs are worth their asking price. I don't understand where people get the coin to buy these new vehicles.

This reminds me of comments from a friend after he looked at new Escalades. He owned one about 10-15 years ago, but took one look at $90k and walked away.
Seriously. Once you go beyond 60k for an SUV, you should go Porsche.
Says the guy with no kids.
Word. If I'm paying more than $60k it's either American or a Land Rover. I've been in plenty of Porsches and their cars are wonderful. The SUVs are just rebadged VWs with more powerful engines. They're nice, but not exactly trucks.

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5033
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: What do you drive???

Post by Axelay2003 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm

Torrid wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm
ezcheese wrote:
Seriously. Once you go beyond 60k for an SUV, you should go Porsche.
Says the guy with no kids.
Word. If I'm paying more than $60k it's either American or a Land Rover. I've been in plenty of Porsches and their cars are wonderful. The SUVs are just rebadged VWs with more powerful engines. They're nice, but not exactly trucks.
It's funny you guys are discussing this. Since the birth of my daughter last month(child #4), I can no longer hold on to my favorite vehicle of all time, the Honda Element. My little brother can't wait to take it from me, :crybaby: .

Image

I always like the boxy shape of the Element and the Land Rover LR4 ,with its 7-seat capacity, hits the spot. I'm in the middle of negotiating a slightly used 2016, LR4 HSE LUXury. 2016 is the last year production for the LR4s and they want $69k for it(19k miles) located in Texas. They are selling like hot cakes and I just missed out on one the sold for $64k with $7k miles which was located in Indiana. :cussing: Both are certified used with 100k miles or 6yr warranty through Land Rover dealerships nationwide.

Here is the one that I'm considering, but not for $69k. I'm still waiting for the agent's response as we have been communicating via email. He might have been off today and this one may already have sold by the time he responds to me tomorrow.

Image
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

User avatar
93 Turbo
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 pm
Name: Jules
Location: Oz

Re: What do you drive???

Post by 93 Turbo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:00 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm
Torrid wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm
ezcheese wrote:
Seriously. Once you go beyond 60k for an SUV, you should go Porsche.
Says the guy with no kids.
Word. If I'm paying more than $60k it's either American or a Land Rover. I've been in plenty of Porsches and their cars are wonderful. The SUVs are just rebadged VWs with more powerful engines. They're nice, but not exactly trucks.
It's funny you guys are discussing this. Since the birth of my daughter last month(child #4), I can no longer hold on to my favorite vehicle of all time, the Honda Element. My little brother can't wait to take it from me, :crybaby: .

Image

I always like the boxy shape of the Element and the Land Rover LR4 ,with its 7-seat capacity, hits the spot. I'm in the middle of negotiating a slightly used 2016, LR4 HSE LUXury. 2016 is the last year production for the LR4s and they want $69k for it(19k miles) located in Texas. They are selling like hot cakes and I just missed out on one the sold for $64k with $7k miles which was located in Indiana. :cussing: Both are certified used with 100k miles or 6yr warranty through Land Rover dealerships nationwide.

Here is the one that I'm considering, but not for $69k. I'm still waiting for the agent's response as we have been communicating via email. He might have been off today and this one may already have sold by the time he responds to me tomorrow.

Image
Hey G love the look of the Discovery both inside & out, as you have stated make sure it has a extended warranty, drive that thing like it's stolen right up until the day prior to the warranty expiring, then sell it. If only LR had the reliability of Toyota. Hence why I bought a Land Cruiser Prado here in Aus. Good luck mate with the new ride and enjoy. Jules
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

User avatar
93 Turbo
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 pm
Name: Jules
Location: Oz

Re: What do you drive???

Post by 93 Turbo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:01 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm
Torrid wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm
ezcheese wrote:
Seriously. Once you go beyond 60k for an SUV, you should go Porsche.
Says the guy with no kids.
Word. If I'm paying more than $60k it's either American or a Land Rover. I've been in plenty of Porsches and their cars are wonderful. The SUVs are just rebadged VWs with more powerful engines. They're nice, but not exactly trucks.
It's funny you guys are discussing this. Since the birth of my daughter last month(child #4), I can no longer hold on to my favorite vehicle of all time, the Honda Element. My little brother can't wait to take it from me, :crybaby: .

Image

I always like the boxy shape of the Element and the Land Rover LR4 ,with its 7-seat capacity, hits the spot. I'm in the middle of negotiating a slightly used 2016, LR4 HSE LUXury. 2016 is the last year production for the LR4s and they want $69k for it(19k miles) located in Texas. They are selling like hot cakes and I just missed out on one the sold for $64k with $7k miles which was located in Indiana. :cussing: Both are certified used with 100k miles or 6yr warranty through Land Rover dealerships nationwide.

Here is the one that I'm considering, but not for $69k. I'm still waiting for the agent's response as we have been communicating via email. He might have been off today and this one may already have sold by the time he responds to me tomorrow.

Image
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

User avatar
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Posts: 4336
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm
Name: Don

Re: What do you drive???

Post by tattoo chef » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:57 am

shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 6:22 pm
shaneotool wrote:I drive this truck. I'd like to have something fun to drive too, but i can really only afford one car at a time.

Image
Truck prices are no joke today. A moderately equipped V8 gas 1500 will easily run into the upper 40s. Make the switch to diesel and you can easily get into 60k without blinking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes - it is BS. SUV's are even worse. My wife want a full size SUV and those are ridiculously expensive. Like 50k with cloth seats..

You can get a hell of a nice car for the price of a ho-hum suv or truck...
What's full size to her? Have you looked into the Nissan pathfinder or is she wanting an Expediton sized vehicle? The Nissan is a good vehicle and you can get it reasonably fully equipped for like 40k.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
hobbit712
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 am
Name: Steve
Contact:

Re: What do you drive???

Post by hobbit712 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:43 am

I might be trading my wife's Genesis in on Monday for one of these. :thumbsup:
Image
http://watchidiotsavants.com
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5033
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: What do you drive???

Post by Axelay2003 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:55 am

93 Turbo wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:00 am
Axelay2003 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm
Torrid wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm
ezcheese wrote:
Seriously. Once you go beyond 60k for an SUV, you should go Porsche.
Says the guy with no kids.
Word. If I'm paying more than $60k it's either American or a Land Rover. I've been in plenty of Porsches and their cars are wonderful. The SUVs are just rebadged VWs with more powerful engines. They're nice, but not exactly trucks.
It's funny you guys are discussing this. Since the birth of my daughter last month(child #4), I can no longer hold on to my favorite vehicle of all time, the Honda Element. My little brother can't wait to take it from me, :crybaby: .

Image

I always like the boxy shape of the Element and the Land Rover LR4 ,with its 7-seat capacity, hits the spot. I'm in the middle of negotiating a slightly used 2016, LR4 HSE LUXury. 2016 is the last year production for the LR4s and they want $69k for it(19k miles) located in Texas. They are selling like hot cakes and I just missed out on one the sold for $64k with $7k miles which was located in Indiana. :cussing: Both are certified used with 100k miles or 6yr warranty through Land Rover dealerships nationwide.

Here is the one that I'm considering, but not for $69k. I'm still waiting for the agent's response as we have been communicating via email. He might have been off today and this one may already have sold by the time he responds to me tomorrow.

Image
Hey G love the look of the Discovery both inside & out, as you have stated make sure it has a extended warranty, drive that thing like it's stolen right up until the day prior to the warranty expiring, then sell it. If only LR had the reliability of Toyota. Hence why I bought a Land Cruiser Prado here in Aus. Good luck mate with the new ride and enjoy. Jules
I stopped by a Toyota dealership yesterday and asked to see the Land Cruiser. They had none on premises. Fully loaded retail is $89k and they are definitely a beast. I'm tempted. Reliability is definitely there, but aesthetically, the Land Rover wins for me.

There are a number of LR4 HSE LUX trim models on the second market, but not sold through certified Land Rover dealerships. 100k miles or 6-yr warranty is a must when purchasing a Land Rover, IMO.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 16924
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: What do you drive???

Post by demer03 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:32 am

nweash wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:09 pm
My parents just got the new Escalade XL. sticker was 93k. I think they paid 83k after incentives. Features are insane.

Image
I
Image
I
Heads up display
Image
I
Rear view mirror is a camera.
Image

Center console has a secret cubby with USB. You have to rub the bottom metal piece and it opens up.
Image

I barely got to test drive the thing before they drove it from CA to IOWA.

Grear car, however I still prefer my Lexus for quality and aesthetic reasons.
Lol, our first house was $99,000 in 1994

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 16924
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: What do you drive???

Post by demer03 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:34 am

hobbit712 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:43 am
I might be trading my wife's Genesis in on Monday for one of these. :thumbsup:
Image
As much as I miss the Jeep and it's individuality....I can't see myself going back from a full size truck now.

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: What do you drive???

Post by ItnStln » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:30 am


Torrid wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm
ezcheese wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 am
streetracer101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm
shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 6:22 pm
shaneotool wrote:I drive this truck. I'd like to have something fun to drive too, but i can really only afford one car at a time.

Image
Truck prices are no joke today. A moderately equipped V8 gas 1500 will easily run into the upper 40s. Make the switch to diesel and you can easily get into 60k without blinking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes - it is BS. SUV's are even worse. My wife want a full size SUV and those are ridiculously expensive. Like 50k with cloth seats..

You can get a hell of a nice car for the price of a ho-hum suv or truck...
My wife has requested a Denali XL for her next vehicle. Price is insane.
I'd tell my wife to eat a d if she wanted one of those. None of the trucks or SUVs are worth their asking price. I don't understand where people get the coin to buy these new vehicles.

This reminds me of comments from a friend after he looked at new Escalades. He owned one about 10-15 years ago, but took one look at $90k and walked away.
Seriously. Once you go beyond 60k for an SUV, you should go Porsche.
Says the guy with no kids.
Word. If I'm paying more than $60k it's either American or a Land Rover. I've been in plenty of Porsches and their cars are wonderful. The SUVs are just rebadged VWs with more powerful engines. They're nice, but not exactly trucks.
That they are!

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30206
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: What do you drive???

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:01 am

demer03 wrote:
hobbit712 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:43 am
I might be trading my wife's Genesis in on Monday for one of these. :thumbsup:
Image
As much as I miss the Jeep and it's individuality....I can't see myself going back from a full size truck now.
I nearly bought a full size, but I really have no need for one. My GMC Canyon cost significantly less and gets amazing gas mileage. It's nearly as large as a full size truck from a few generations back and can tow and haul anything I'd ever need it to. The only real downside is rear seat room, which is just fine for my young kids. I'll be ready for something bigger when they outgrow it, anyway.

Image
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
gwells
Posts: 6236
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
Name: Greg
Location: NoVA

Re: What do you drive???

Post by gwells » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:54 am

i'm with chris. my 10 yr old frontier was the "small" version (vs the titan) and it does pretty much everything i need and tows 5k Lbs. and plenty big enough for my monster dog in the back seat. and it was significantly larger than the old version of the frontier (2007 model vs the previous one up thru 2004). small trucks today are like mid-size 10-15 years ago.

for all the convo above about how expensive pickups are, the flipside is they don't plummet in value the same way a car does. my wife's volvo had a sticker price $10k above mine when she bought it and it was only a couple of years before my truck was worth more on the resale market.

granted, it was 10 years ago now, but i thought about buying a 1-2 yr old truck to avoid the quick depreciation. then i realized there hardly was any and that i was only saving a few percent over brand new. wasn't worth it.

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 16924
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: What do you drive???

Post by demer03 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:15 pm

The new Canyon is hot. I had a frontier for a hot second. Fantastic build, quality and attention to detail...but rear seating wasn't enough for work.

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30206
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: What do you drive???

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:35 pm

demer03 wrote:The new Canyon is hot. I had a frontier for a hot second. Fantastic build, quality and attention to detail...but rear seating wasn't enough for work.
The rear of the Canyon is fine for short trips with adults. More than enough room for children or dogs. The front is very comfortable even for my XXL frame.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
gwells
Posts: 6236
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
Name: Greg
Location: NoVA

Re: What do you drive???

Post by gwells » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:53 pm

demer03 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:15 pm
The new Canyon is hot. I had a frontier for a hot second. Fantastic build, quality and attention to detail...but rear seating wasn't enough for work.
i can understand that. it's not super spacious. but you're right about build and quality. i've been really happy with it from that perspective.

User avatar
hobbit712
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 am
Name: Steve
Contact:

Re: What do you drive???

Post by hobbit712 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:42 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:01 am
demer03 wrote:
hobbit712 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:43 am
I might be trading my wife's Genesis in on Monday for one of these. :thumbsup:
Image
As much as I miss the Jeep and it's individuality....I can't see myself going back from a full size truck now.
I nearly bought a full size, but I really have no need for one. My GMC Canyon cost significantly less and gets amazing gas mileage. It's nearly as large as a full size truck from a few generations back and can tow and haul anything I'd ever need it to. The only real downside is rear seat room, which is just fine for my young kids. I'll be ready for something bigger when they outgrow it, anyway.

Image
Pretty much my reasoning. I need this to replace the 10 Honda Pilot. I need the space for 2 growing kids. Plus I need something that wont give me a little tickle in the back of my mind that something will go wrong in the middle of the night on the way to the cabin in NC. Pilot has almost 120k and still runs like a top but.....

I just put $1000 for a new timing belt tensioner. :scream:
http://watchidiotsavants.com
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 29825
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: What do you drive???

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:46 pm

hobbit712 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:01 am
demer03 wrote:
hobbit712 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:43 am
I might be trading my wife's Genesis in on Monday for one of these. :thumbsup:
Image
As much as I miss the Jeep and it's individuality....I can't see myself going back from a full size truck now.
I nearly bought a full size, but I really have no need for one. My GMC Canyon cost significantly less and gets amazing gas mileage. It's nearly as large as a full size truck from a few generations back and can tow and haul anything I'd ever need it to. The only real downside is rear seat room, which is just fine for my young kids. I'll be ready for something bigger when they outgrow it, anyway.

Image
Pretty much my reasoning. I need this to replace the 10 Honda Pilot. I need the space for 2 growing kids. Plus I need something that wont give me a little tickle in the back of my mind that something will go wrong in the middle of the night on the way to the cabin in NC. Pilot has almost 120k and still runs like a top but.....

I just put $1000 for a new timing belt tensioner. :scream:
The old Honda is probably more reliable than the new Chevy.

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30206
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: What do you drive???

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:48 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
hobbit712 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:01 am
demer03 wrote:
hobbit712 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:43 am
I might be trading my wife's Genesis in on Monday for one of these. :thumbsup:
Image
As much as I miss the Jeep and it's individuality....I can't see myself going back from a full size truck now.
I nearly bought a full size, but I really have no need for one. My GMC Canyon cost significantly less and gets amazing gas mileage. It's nearly as large as a full size truck from a few generations back and can tow and haul anything I'd ever need it to. The only real downside is rear seat room, which is just fine for my young kids. I'll be ready for something bigger when they outgrow it, anyway.

Image
Pretty much my reasoning. I need this to replace the 10 Honda Pilot. I need the space for 2 growing kids. Plus I need something that wont give me a little tickle in the back of my mind that something will go wrong in the middle of the night on the way to the cabin in NC. Pilot has almost 120k and still runs like a top but.....

I just put $1000 for a new timing belt tensioner. :scream:
The old Honda is probably more reliable than the new Chevy.
I've been driving GMC's for a long time without a single issue.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40439
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: What do you drive???

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:02 pm

demer03 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:32 am
Lol, our first house was $99,000 in 1994
My first house in 2004 was 99k.

I am not paying over 30k for anything. I will stick with used.

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5033
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: What do you drive???

Post by Axelay2003 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Our 2007 Honda Pilot had over 164K miles when we traded it in for a new 2016 Honda Odyssey. We had a good run with the pilot, but we just needed more room with our growing family(three kids at the time).
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 4997
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

What do you drive???

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:43 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
I am not paying over 30k for anything. I will stick with used.
:1: My watch/vehicle value ratio is completely screwed. If it can get me from point a to point b (particularly in a mountain snowstorm), fit all the crap I need, and survive for a long time with minimal maintenance = winner to me.

Image
- Todd

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8156
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: What do you drive???

Post by streetracer101 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:46 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:02 pm
demer03 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:32 am
Lol, our first house was $99,000 in 1994
My first house in 2004 was 99k.

I am not paying over 30k for anything. I will stick with used.
Your house is probably worth 250k now. 2004 was a long time ago and everything is more expensive. That said, I do agree that new car prices are nuts. I cannot imagine buying a new vehicle today. They dump 30-50% in value in 3 yrs.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests