What do you drive???

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: What do you drive???

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:14 am

I think it depends on the brand, model, and intended use. Both my best friend and my daughter bought Jeep Grand Cherokees and both bought the (no longer available) Lifetime Mopar Warranty. Both have more than doubled the spend in warranty claims, which happened outside the regular warranty period. In those cases it’s been a win.

Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Post by Sidheguitarist » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:39 am

Pasquale wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:20 am
Yea, especially when I fuck up all my neighbors lawns..
This is the sort of post that keeps me coming back. :lol:

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:30 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:14 am
I think it depends on the brand, model, and intended use. Both my best friend and my daughter bought Jeep Grand Cherokees and both bought the (no longer available) Lifetime Mopar Warranty. Both have more than doubled the spend in warranty claims, which happened outside the regular warranty period. In those cases it’s been a win.
this sounds more like a reason not to buy a grand cherokee than a plug for getting an extended warranty. ;)

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:31 am

I just wish the manufacturers would quit f’ing around and go back to real warranties with a reasonably long timeframe and include that in the price. I think it would improve resale (“it’s stills under warranty”), and they’d be making more because they’d get their money up front on every car. Unfortunately, good morals and corporations are generally not used in the same sentences and their ability to to gouge would go down and they also don’t have to build for longevity - planned obsolescence started in the seventies and is now in full swing although cars do seem to be staying on the road much longer now. I remember in the eighties that your car was pretty much done if it had 100000 miles on it. Now 200k and 300k are regular numbers on an odometer. Also, the Asian brands continue to be the longest legged ones.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:38 am

gwells wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
this sounds more like a reason not to buy a grand cherokee than a plug for getting an extended warranty. ;)
Maybe, but both of them liked the vehicle and intended to keep long term, so a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty made sense. Both still own the vehicles 8 & 9 years respectively.

This is why Jeep ended that program too.

I actually had a 2018 GC with same warranty. I foolishly traded it, but received most of my warranty cost refunded.

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:07 pm

gwells wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
^
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

dukerules

What do you drive???

Post by dukerules » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:18 am

Cheap plastic dip mod on the bumper covers. Looks much better.

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:20 pm

Blaine wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:40 pm
“It’s still the one….still the one…after all the years , it’s still the one…and having fun” Image

Sweet

gwells

Post by gwells » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:03 pm

dukerules wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:18 am
Cheap plastic dip mod on the bumper covers. Looks much better.
nice!

fancier than my upgrades. i did a horn replacement on the rav4 last month, went from a "meep meep" to the sound of a 1970 lincoln continental. very satisfying. and this afternoon i added aftermarket mud flaps ($25 and 20 mins vs toyota dealer wanting something like $150-200, ridiculous).

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:57 am

How many of us have added the classic TRD colors to our grills? A lot I reckon!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:30 am

Traded in my 2013 911 S a couple of weeks ago. My favorite car I’ve ever owned but given family needs and what I need in a car (more utility, a daily driver I can take to client meetings), I went with a 2022 Macan GTS. Absolutely love it. Currently getting PPF and some light tinting done.

djh1201
Name: David H.

Post by djh1201 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:39 am

goaliechris wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:30 am
Traded in my 2013 911 S a couple of weeks ago. My favorite car I’ve ever owned but given family needs and what I need in a car (more utility, a daily driver I can take to client meetings), I went with a 2022 Macan GTS. Absolutely love it. Currently getting PPF and some light tinting done.

Nice! Wife loves her Macan, and I loved the GTS when I test drove one. Enjoy!

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:20 pm

djh1201 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:39 am
goaliechris wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:30 am

Nice! Wife loves her Macan, and I loved the GTS when I test drove one. Enjoy!
Sick! My sister-in-law had one and loved it.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:22 pm

I picked up a dealer demo X3 for my wife last week. She loves it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:26 am

toxicavenger wrote:I picked up a dealer demo X3 for my wife last week. She loves it!
That’s sharp T - congrats!
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:41 am

toxicavenger wrote:I picked up a dealer demo X3 for my wife last week. She loves it!
Happy wife happy life

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:00 am

Hey-oh!
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

gwells

Post by gwells » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:07 pm

dealer demos can be a great deal. that's what we did with my wife's volvo years ago. got a fantastic price.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:53 pm

Wario406 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:26 am
Thanks brother. It was a tough decision.
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:41 am
Happy wife happy life
Exactly. :thumbsup:
r.palace wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:00 am
Hey-oh!
Thanks dude.
gwells wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:07 pm
dealer demos can be a great deal. that's what we did with my wife's volvo years ago. got a fantastic price.
Yeah it was a really good deal. And it still has warranty on it.

We had to make some old people decisions. As much as we loved the Lexus IS300 it sucked on long trips and getting out of it was a mofo. :banghead: So we tried to get a Lexus suv but the interiors were boring. On a car paying as much as we were it needed to be up with the current times. The X3 did that for us. And it hauls ass! :salute:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:49 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:53 pm
Wario406 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:26 am
Thanks brother. It was a tough decision.
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:41 am
Happy wife happy life
Exactly. :thumbsup:
r.palace wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:00 am
Hey-oh!
Thanks dude.
gwells wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:07 pm
Yeah it was a really good deal. And it still has warranty on it.

We had to make some old people decisions. As much as we loved the Lexus IS300 it sucked on long trips and getting out of it was a mofo. :banghead: So we tried to get a Lexus suv but the interiors were boring. On a car paying as much as we were it needed to be up with the current times. The X3 did that for us. And it hauls ass! :salute:
We took this car out west this weekend thru a slick ass snow storm, it did great.

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:57 am

We picked up a new Honda Ridgeline this past week. The wife's Honda CRV lease was expiring so we had to do something. We were going to buy it out since we were WAY over the lease mileage. It was a 3 years 10K lease. We had 57K on the odometer. :shock:

We went to the dealer to see what they had to offer. The car industry is hurting right now according to some research I did. Kind of Karma payback since they screwed us over during the past few Covid years. I was kind of amazed there was some of the those BS "market adjustment" still on the window. :bird:

The salesman I purchased the CRV immediately told me to ignore the sticker. He showed us the new CRV Hybrid which was nice. Its a bit bigger than the previous generation. We also looked at the Ridgeline which the wife really liked. I had read that the dealers may be willing to work a bit more on the Ridgeline since its not their bestseller.

After some aggresive negotiation we ended with a pretty good lease.

On warranties I did get their 3 year 45K service option which includes all oil changes, filters, brake and transmission fluid changes. That will probably pay for itself. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:34 am

New to the family - 2022 RDX

Nothing fancy but has / does what we need

djh1201

Post by djh1201 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:35 am

rockmastermike wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:34 am

Nice, have thought about one of these! Have you adjusted to using the touchpad for the infotainment system or is it a bit of a hassle?

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:44 am

djh1201 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:35 am
rockmastermike wrote:

Nice, have thought about one of these! Have you adjusted to using the touchpad for the infotainment system or is it a bit of a hassle?
Touchpad took about 10 minutes to get used to using
For us, we only concern ourselves with Waze and Spotify.

once you use it to initially set things like system volume, alerts, etc there is really not much to use the trackpad for.

The screen is split so I can have maps and music at the same time and don’t have navigate between the two like I had to on my old touchscreen

Spotify is managed via the steering wheel and we just use Waze for directions so for us touchpad interaction (after the initial preferences set up) is minimal.

Even if you use it for more I can’t see it being a hassle (for me)

djh1201

Post by djh1201 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:50 am

rockmastermike wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:44 am
djh1201 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:35 am
rockmastermike wrote:

Touchpad took about 10 minutes to get used to using
For us, we only concern ourselves with Waze and Spotify.

once you use it to initially set things like system volume, alerts, etc there is really not much to use the trackpad for.

The screen is split so I can have maps and music at the same time and don’t have navigate between the two like I had to on my old touchscreen

Spotify is managed via the steering wheel and we just use Waze for directions so for us touchpad interaction (after the initial preferences set up) is minimal.

Even if you use it for more I can’t see it being a hassle (for me)
awesome - thanks!