What do you drive???

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Torrid
Name: Heath

Re: What do you drive???

Post by Torrid » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:37 am

hans wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:48 am
Torrid wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:58 am
hans wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:59 pm
Graeme wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:12 pm
Recently picked up this, a Ford Ranger limited Black edition.
That's a cool looking truck. I would get one but I don't want to be grouped in with truck-bros
Truck bros? What does that even mean? And how would that remotely fit the description for a mid size truck like the Raptor?

Since we’re talking trucks, here’s the latest pic of mine.

Where I live there are a lot of kids with wealthy parents who buy their kids loaded trucks i.e. raptors, Tacoma's, lifted rangers. They drive around thinking that they are the new Ken Block and lift their trucks ridiculously, to the point where they can't even carry anything in the bed or tow anything. If you own a truck these smoothbrains will come up to you as if you have anything in common. Once they realize you use your truck as a truck and not a spring-loaded set of wheels they think you're a "loser".

They're pretty easy to spot:
1) Flat-Brim cap
2) Drinks Monster Energy
3) Has Monster Energy Sticker
4) Has "Hoonigan" Sticker
5) 12" front lift kit
6) Off-Road Tires while only driving on City/Highway
7) Talks like an exaggerated surfer stereotype
I fit 2, 3, and 4, but I’m against stickers on my truck so I wouldn’t ever put them on. :lol:

dnslater
Name: Nick

Re: What do you drive???

Post by dnslater » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:16 pm

Torrid wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:35 am
four20 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:33 am
Torrid wrote:
four20 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:40 am
Got talked into getting a 3-row a couple yrs back by my soon-to-be ex-wife. Not too many body on frame w/3rd row. Still wish I had bought a Taco like I wanted, but I wouldn't be able to stash my fishing poles against the headliner like I do with the Pathfinder Image

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk
I love that Nissan and Toyota make midsize body on frame SUVs. I think they may be the only ones now. Even the Explorer is unibody these days.
Nissan flipflops on that for some reason. The R50 was unibody, the R51 (like mine) went back to proper frame, and now the R52 (2013 and up) is back on unibody. And now that the Xtrerra is no more, they have nothing to offer for the offroad crowd in a SUV

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk
Oh yeah that’s true. I forgot about the unibody version. I’ve driven the later unibody version a few years ago and somehow forgot about it I guess. That just leaves the 4Runner as the only one then.
I rented a 2018 Pathfinder recently. It was softer than the Honda Odyssey I used to drive. Unfortunate what they did to them.