Unboxing.

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13123
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Unboxing.

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am

ericf4 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 am
zepp21 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:40 am
I thought Volvos always leased terribly? We went to go lease one (forget the model), the sales guy laughed and said it would almost be twice the price of her X3, hence why we went with the X3.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
i feel like i got a pretty aggressive lease from them. They don't offer crazy deals on it right now as they are very hot new car. They do have lease specials on their site i saw (On base models). I got mine with a bunch of extra packages for slightly higher price. $500/month, i put 5k all in down on my points credit card of course :). Their base lease is like $3989 total down and $449/month. they do 39 month leases 12k miles a year. Even their base models are pretty damn loaded with tech.

Also free maintenance for the entire lease, they come to the house to get and return the car for service etc. Free Volvo Oncall service the whole lease etc.
What was the sticker? It sounds like a good deal although you shouldn't put any money down on a lease.
Volvo's usually lease terribly due to low residual, i bet it's in the high 40's % after 39 months.
Otherwise congrats, love the tech.

unsub073
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Unboxing.

Post by unsub073 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am

Congrats on the new ride. It looks sharp. :thumbsup:

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am
ericf4 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 am
zepp21 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:40 am
I thought Volvos always leased terribly? We went to go lease one (forget the model), the sales guy laughed and said it would almost be twice the price of her X3, hence why we went with the X3.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
i feel like i got a pretty aggressive lease from them. They don't offer crazy deals on it right now as they are very hot new car. They do have lease specials on their site i saw (On base models). I got mine with a bunch of extra packages for slightly higher price. $500/month, i put 5k all in down on my points credit card of course :). Their base lease is like $3989 total down and $449/month. they do 39 month leases 12k miles a year. Even their base models are pretty damn loaded with tech.

Also free maintenance for the entire lease, they come to the house to get and return the car for service etc. Free Volvo Oncall service the whole lease etc.
What was the sticker? It sounds like a good deal although you shouldn't put any money down on a lease.
Volvo's usually lease terribly due to low residual, i bet it's in the high 40's % after 39 months.
Otherwise congrats, love the tech.
a bit over $50k.....Pretty typical to have some down on a lease plus taxes, fees, first month payment etc. AT least every lease ive ever done.....

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:02 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 am
^ do you get to the Swedish reacharound with purchase?

I understand it to be done with cold hands, using lingonberry jam as lube, while simultaneously eating IKEA meatballs and listening to ABBA. Todd was going to offer this with the next Karlskrona Model (called Gorska) but word is he ran out of jam.
thats extra.....

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13123
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Unboxing.

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:09 am

ericf4 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am
ericf4 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 am
zepp21 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:40 am
I thought Volvos always leased terribly? We went to go lease one (forget the model), the sales guy laughed and said it would almost be twice the price of her X3, hence why we went with the X3.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
i feel like i got a pretty aggressive lease from them. They don't offer crazy deals on it right now as they are very hot new car. They do have lease specials on their site i saw (On base models). I got mine with a bunch of extra packages for slightly higher price. $500/month, i put 5k all in down on my points credit card of course :). Their base lease is like $3989 total down and $449/month. they do 39 month leases 12k miles a year. Even their base models are pretty damn loaded with tech.

Also free maintenance for the entire lease, they come to the house to get and return the car for service etc. Free Volvo Oncall service the whole lease etc.
What was the sticker? It sounds like a good deal although you shouldn't put any money down on a lease.
Volvo's usually lease terribly due to low residual, i bet it's in the high 40's % after 39 months.
Otherwise congrats, love the tech.
a bit over $50k.....Pretty typical to have some down on a lease plus taxes, fees, first month payment etc. AT least every lease ive ever done.....
5k down is about 125/month more a month if you were to put 0 down and roll everything in. If a car gets totaled in case of an accident you lose your 5K, so it's usually not a good idea to put any money down on a rental/lease. Anyway who cares, enjoy your beautiful ride.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 am

yeah i get it, but you cant lease a higher priced car with nothing down without having a crazy high monthly cost. i like having a reasonable monthly even though its all the same i guess...plus im not sure if it were totaled i would lose that as it comes with GAP insurance. I think thats what its for. To cover the diff between the purchase price and the amount insurance says its worth.

User avatar
gwells
Posts: 5724
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
Name: Greg
Location: NoVA

Re: Unboxing.

Post by gwells » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:36 am

we've been pretty happy with my wife's 07 C60. the only thing i don't like about that car is the turning radius (my frontier pickup has a better radius). but it's been pretty solid overall. would definitely buy volvo again.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:48 pm

It was delivered a few hours ago. I got to drive it a short while. Love it. Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
Heuerville
Posts: 4340
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 am
Name: Stewart
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by Heuerville » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:31 pm

:clap: Love it!
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 5683
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Unboxing.

Post by 59yukon01 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:44 pm

ericf4 wrote:It was delivered a few hours ago. I got to drive it a short while. Love it. Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Did it deliver itself?Image
Image

User avatar
Heuerville
Posts: 4340
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 am
Name: Stewart
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by Heuerville » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:01 pm

It's certainly cheaper in the US.. here in the UK for an xc90..

$10420 down, and $658 p/month (Volvo finance deal), might be cheaper from an independent place.
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

User avatar
james80
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm
Name: James
Location: A Brit lost in the Caribbean

Re: Unboxing.

Post by james80 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:29 am

Heuerville wrote:It's certainly cheaper in the US.. here in the UK for an xc90..

$10420 down, and $658 p/month (Volvo finance deal), might be cheaper from an independent place.
Don't complain out here with our tax structure the XC90 starts at the equivalent of US$125,000.00!

Nice car Eric.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 22939
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Unboxing.

Post by BBK357 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:12 am

I wouldn’t want that much tech in my car- but it does look very nice. Batman like.

I’d totally be down for a black one for a cool late night hooker mobile.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE

BIG WHOOP. IM SPOONING A BARRETT 50 CAL, I COULD KILL A BUILDING.

User avatar
1954Selmer
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Unboxing.

Post by 1954Selmer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:34 am

Very nice. Congrats and Enjoy.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:15 am

james80 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:29 am
Heuerville wrote:It's certainly cheaper in the US.. here in the UK for an xc90..

$10420 down, and $658 p/month (Volvo finance deal), might be cheaper from an independent place.
Don't complain out here with our tax structure the XC90 starts at the equivalent of US$125,000.00!

Nice car Eric.
HOLY SHIT, where are you? Volvo does make a version of the XC90 that is over $100k which is pretty incredible. Refrigerator in back row, crystal glasses etc.

https://youtu.be/MXgj8kkleS4

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 am

BBK357 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:12 am


I’d totally be down for a black one for a cool late night hooker mobile.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol yeah thats why i bought it...

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5191
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Unboxing.

Post by Torrid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 am

I'm fully loving the tech this thing has. I thought I wouldn't care with all the extra collision warning systems and entertainment tech my new F150 has. I can confirm the collision warning works. It warned me just as someone slammed into me. Ugh. Off to the shop.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 am

Torrid wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 am
I'm fully loving the tech this thing has. I thought I wouldn't care with all the extra collision warning systems and entertainment tech my new F150 has. I can confirm the collision warning works. It warned me just as someone slammed into me. Ugh. Off to the shop.
Thats cool!! This one also has system so if someone comes up fast on your ass the taillights rapidly start to flash to warn them. If they keep approaching and are about to hit you, all the seat belts instantly tighten and seats positions change for optimal security against the collision...pretty cool stuff. Hope i never have to use it.

User avatar
james80
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm
Name: James
Location: A Brit lost in the Caribbean

Re: Unboxing.

Post by james80 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 am

ericf4 wrote:
james80 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:29 am
Heuerville wrote:It's certainly cheaper in the US.. here in the UK for an xc90..

$10420 down, and $658 p/month (Volvo finance deal), might be cheaper from an independent place.
Don't complain out here with our tax structure the XC90 starts at the equivalent of US$125,000.00!

Nice car Eric.
HOLY SHIT, where are you? Volvo does make a version of the XC90 that is over $100k which is pretty incredible. Refrigerator in back row, crystal glasses etc.

https://youtu.be/MXgj8kkleS4
Trinidad, 67.5% import duty and US$8.50 per CC motor vehicle tax at registration as well as 12.5% VAT for cars with an engine between 3000 and 3500cc.


User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 am

james80 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 am
ericf4 wrote:
james80 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:29 am
Heuerville wrote:It's certainly cheaper in the US.. here in the UK for an xc90..

$10420 down, and $658 p/month (Volvo finance deal), might be cheaper from an independent place.
Don't complain out here with our tax structure the XC90 starts at the equivalent of US$125,000.00!

Nice car Eric.
HOLY SHIT, where are you? Volvo does make a version of the XC90 that is over $100k which is pretty incredible. Refrigerator in back row, crystal glasses etc.

https://youtu.be/MXgj8kkleS4
Trinidad, 67.5% import duty and US$8.50 per CC motor vehicle tax at registration as well as 12.5% VAT for cars with an engine between 3000 and 3500cc.

That is incredible.......

User avatar
Nomadz
Posts: 5687
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm
Name: Nick
Location: WA (Wet and Dry)

Re: Unboxing.

Post by Nomadz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Sounds like a decent deal. I had a Volvo in th 90s that was super solid and reliable but boring. This one looks far from boring.
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:38 pm

http://www.motortrend.com/news/volvo-xc ... -finalist/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
raf42
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:02 pm
Name: Rob
Location: California

Re: Unboxing.

Post by raf42 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:55 am

Very very nice, congrats Eric

I too owned a couple Volvos in the 90's. Probably would not be here if I was driving a different car one morning early in 1998 on 280 and swerved to avoid a baby deer going about 65. Hit a very solid wall still going at least 50. Walked away with just some sore ribs. At least from my experience, Volvos were safe as shit even before all the new avoidance tech.
volvo5.jpg
Also made me a firm believer in air bags.
volvo10.jpg
Enjoy your new beauty. :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12096
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unboxing.

Post by ericf4 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:10 am

holy crap man that is scary. Yeah it now has tech built in specifically to avoid animals and people, i hope i never have to try it out though. Ive had it for just under a week now and am in love with it...When you switch the drive mode to dynamic is a much more fun drive IMO. The panoramic glass roof is just killer.....I never had that before and now cant imagine not having that in any car.

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 12393
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: Unboxing.

Post by JDC222 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:22 am

Apparently Uber has just purchased 24,000 of these, so you will see them everywhere!

http://business.financialpost.com/trans ... i-operator
Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody that you meet.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests