Sad Story

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
ElChingon7
Official DWC Boot Whore
Name: Glæn

Sad Story

Post by ElChingon7 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:57 am

(Moved this out of Pasquale's scooter thread)

This guy from the old neighbor hood just wrecked his car about a week ago.

Not sure if he was doing anything stupid or not in the GTO (they just say traveling at a high rate of speed ). Not only did he die, he took out a guy who was pruning a tree outside his house. The guy pruning his tree was an F-16 fighter pilot who survived a tour in Iraq. Sometimes life is just nuts...

http://www.courierpostonline.com/articl ... eeding-car

I know that exact spot, and it sure isn't anyplace that is set-up for high speed. It's an old section of highway loaded with bumps and expansion joints. I don't know any other details.

Really sad for both families.
WTF

TikkTakk
Name: Silje

Re: Sad Story

Post by TikkTakk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:35 am

Tragic!

One of my worst fears is loosing someone in a car accident.
Best,
Silje

My Website

quatre_temps

Post by quatre_temps » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:42 am

People feel safe and invincible in cars. Especially in North America where the vehicles tend to be 2X larger then anywhere else. That, multiplied by modern technological upbringing of youths (Now adults) who derive no sense of reality and fantasy from video games like grand theft auto and who are further reinforced by aggressive, hyper active music, which, while driving makes for some to become detached and not realize what their consequences might be. That and with every day distractions like mobile phones, bad habits and a constant social need to 'hurry' makes for a volatile roadway. This is my theory anyway.

ElChingon7
Official DWC Boot Whore
Name: Glæn

Post by ElChingon7 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:49 am

quatre_temps wrote:People feel safe and invincible in cars. Especially in North America where the vehicles tend to be 2X larger then anywhere else. That, multiplied by modern technological upbringing of youths (Now adults) who derive no sense of reality and fantasy from video games like grand theft auto and who are further reinforced by aggressive, hyper active music, which, while driving makes for some to become detached and not realize what their consequences might be. That and with every day distractions like mobile phones, bad habits and a constant social need to 'hurry' makes for a volatile roadway. This is my theory anyway.
Pretty good theory Andrew.

Some real driving tests should be implemented, not the did you signal, check mirrors, and stick it in between the cones test. Especially for the go-fast cars.

I'd like to go to one of those Skip Barber type or evasive driving courses.
WTF

polaco23
Actually chooses to live in Detroit
Name: Dominik

Post by polaco23 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:26 am

Freaking surviving a tour in Iraq, then taken out by a damn Holden! :banghead:

When does life ever make sense? :doh:

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale