Eden - TV show

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Eden - TV show

Post by Heuerville » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:21 am

Not sure if this is available in the US, if it is, it's well worth watching.

Back in 2016, 24 (I think) people where dropped off at a remote uninhabited peninsula in the wilds of Scotland. They were to live there for 1 year, completely cut off from society. Filmed by themselves & remote cameras. (Basically it's Bear Grylls The Island, but for 1 year).

The show 'Eden' started broadcasting last year, all was going well, but it was cancelled after a few episodes due to low viewing figures... but the castaways weren't told, they continued to build a life there for a year. :lol:

Recently, a follow-up show was broadcast, called 'Eden: Paradise Lost', which basically tells the story of what happened, and it all went a bit 'Lord of the Flies'.

It's actually fascinating, watching them start to go feral.

Channel 4's Eden, and Eden: Paradise Lost - well worth looking for if you can get it.
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Eden - TV show

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:39 am

If they made a lord of the flies reality show I would sign up. I've often wondered how long is a reasonable amount of time to wait - post ship wreck - before becoming a savage cannibal. Too soon and you risk looking insane if you're rescued in a week. Too late and you become Piggy from lord of the flies.