Sydney, Rose Bay Surf Ski Race.

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Sydney, Rose Bay Surf Ski Race.

Post by 93 Turbo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:46 pm

Posting this mainly for the beautiful pic of the Harbour that I am fortune to paddle on. Competed in the 9km short course race starting from Rose Bay, heading out to the turn around point just inside South Head, then back to Rose Bay.

This is the money shot, great pic of the city in the far ground, with the Sydney Harbour Bridge arch right of centre.
DJI_0037.jpg

Below is a shot looking North toward Seaforth/Manly. I'm left of centre in the orange IBV.
_MG_3275.jpg

The finish, and I'm not smiling… I've had the ski for 4 weeks, 1st race after 3 days of ownership I came last in my age group. Placed 4th on Saturday, which I'm really pleased with, given there is a lot that can go wrong on semi open water. A number of other competitors tipped due to the conditions and paddling too elite/advanced a ski. Sometimes having a boat that is a little wider and more stable pays off… J
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Re: Sydney, Rose Bay Surf Ski Race.

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:46 am

Sweet! Congrats on the improvement. I've got to think that is a killer back and shoulder workout.

I did a surf / ski day yesterday too - just a little different. Went skiing Sunday morning to take advantage of the 12 inches of fresh snow we got on Saturday then went surfing in the afternoon to take advantage of the head high waves. What we call a "surf and turf" day here in southern NH.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:54 am

Super cool Jules. Looks like way to much work for me. And cool pics!

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:57 am

Hey, you're out there doing it! Good work! :thumbsup:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:09 am

Great job!

I'd still be at the dock checking my boat for poisonous spiders.

93 Turbo

Post by 93 Turbo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Big thanks for the feed back gents. Surf & turf sounds great Chris, sadly my skiing days are well and truly over with my dicky knee, hence the paddling.

I'm really glad there were some decent pics taken, that I could post of Sydney Harbour, I always enjoy seeing the great pics of other parts of the world that you guys post.

Any way back to training… J
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Man, great photos! Whenever I think about OZ, for some reason or another, I think Great White. 4th? Bet you place a Great White behind you, should be motivation to get you not only 1st, but a world record. Heck, may be even get you on the Australian Olympic Team! ... :cheers: ... :lol:

Seriously though. Congrats on the 4th, and thanks for posting the photos. Beautiful place!... :thumbsup:
Lance

93 Turbo

Post by 93 Turbo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:12 am

AZpops wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:18 pm
Man, great photos! Whenever I think about OZ, for some reason or another, I think Great White. 4th? Bet you place a Great White behind you, should be motivation to get you not only 1st, but a world record. Heck, may be even get you on the Australian Olympic Team! ... :cheers: ... :lol:

Seriously though. Congrats on the 4th, and thanks for posting the photos. Beautiful place!... :thumbsup:
Thanks Lance, there are sharks every where mate but IDGAF. When I was cycling there was more chance of being hit by a car (which was was on about 3 occasions) over the years. Also surf skis taste like shit to sharks when they get bit… Cheers Jules

Pat McNamara.

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:52 am

93 Turbo wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:12 am
AZpops wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Thanks Lance, there are sharks every where mate but IDGAF. When I was cycling there was more chance of being hit by a car (which was was on about 3 occasions) over the years. Also surf skis taste like shit to sharks when they get bit… Cheers Jules
Great White will use the surf ski as a tooth pick. ... :shifty: .... :lol: :lol:
Lance