Bomber Camp…train to fly in a B17 or B24

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
hazmatman
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Der Brummbär

Bomber Camp…train to fly in a B17 or B24

Post by hazmatman » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:03 am

I know some of you are into Mil History and aircraft, tanks, and whatnot. While looking around online for a WWII flight experience, I found this…

Bomber Camp 2016

Over two days, starting at 0600 (that's 6AM in the morning fellas) and sometimes not ending until 2200 (10PM), you will live in a "barracks" and be trained on all the crew positions of a B-17G or a B-24J. The B-24 "Witchcraft" is the world's ONLY flying Liberator btw, and the Flying Fortress has over 140 documented combat missions over Europe without a crew loss, possibly the longest in 8th AF history. You also get to work the Norden bombsight and actually drop ordinance (inert of course) over a range, in competition with the other aircraft. Perform aerial gunnery on the waist gunners Ma Deuces (with blanks of course).

Here's the kicker. Since all the organizations involved are 501©3 charities…the participation fees are considered tax-deductible. ;) Which is nice since it costs $4K per person.

Enlist Here For Flight Crew Duty

For another $1500 you can do "Torpedo Camp" and fly in a Lockheed PV-2D Harpoon…the only flying example in the world.