Epic.!!

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
el presidente
Name: Roar

Epic.!!

Post by el presidente » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:35 am

This has to be one of the most beautiful songs ever writen..Knopler`s guitar is just... :love: and the lyrics probably means alot to some of you guys.Enjoy

Pikachu is a virgin!

Diaboliq
Strap Maker Extraordinaire
Name: Joe

Re: Epic.!!

Post by Diaboliq » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:44 am

Roar.. like you knew. This whole week I've been listening to Dire Straits.
That riff on "Money for nothing" is the reason I started playing guitar, Knopfler and guys marked my whole childhood. Brothers in Arms is one of my favorite songs ever and lyrics are truly exceptional; I remember I was playing that song on tape recorder in the '80s play/pause action just to learn the words. Finally, first CD I ever bought with my pocket money in '90es was "Brothers in Arms" somewhere in 1993. or 1994.

Click:

TikkTakk
Name: Silje

Post by TikkTakk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:46 am

:love:
Best,
Silje

My Website

Seth
Guy who shoots guns

Post by Seth » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:31 am

One of my favorite CDs of all times. I was big into sound when I was a teenager and Bro in Arms was one of the first CDs recorded in full digital. I used to live iwth the big ass headphones on listening to this one on CD. It was so ethereal... especially the back half.

Thanks for the video. I bet I haven't seen it in 10 years.

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:50 am

I wore out the cassette tape of this album many years ago,
My favorites on the album
Brothers in arms,

The Man's Too Strong,

Ride across the River

and Your Latest Trick

Thanks for the flashback.
Rocking out out youtube as I type.
Greg

quatre_temps

Post by quatre_temps » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:54 pm

You know....you Norwegian lads are 30 years behind the times, eh :gayumbrella:

el presidente

Post by el presidente » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:56 pm

quatre_temps wrote:You know....you Norwegian lads are 30 years behind the times, eh :gayumbrella:
:lol: btw,have you seen Max Manus yet Andrew?
Pikachu is a virgin!

quatre_temps

Post by quatre_temps » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:03 pm

el presidente wrote:
quatre_temps wrote:You know....you Norwegian lads are 30 years behind the times, eh :gayumbrella:
*UGH!* I've tried. I truly have tried but because the DVD's are only sold in Europe and because they are region 2 I can't buy them here (Only in Europe can I buy it). Now that isn't the problem because I own a multi-region DVD player and eBay allows me to buy from Europe. What the problem IS, is that all the DVD's are in Norwegian and from what I've seen...don't have English sub-titles. Now, because I don't speak your native tongue I'd have no way of understanding what the hell is going on. Perhaps when you're at the store next time you can verify for me that the DVD comes with English subtitles??

el presidente

Post by el presidente » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:11 pm

quatre_temps wrote:
el presidente wrote:
*UGH!* I've tried. I truly have tried but because the DVD's are only sold in Europe and because they are region 2 I can't buy them here (Only in Europe can I buy it). Now that isn't the problem because I own a multi-region DVD player and eBay allows me to buy from Europe. What the problem IS, is that all the DVD's are in Norweigan and from what I've seen...don't have English sub-titles. Now, because I don't speak your native tongue I'd have no way of understanding what the hell is going on. Perhaps when you're at the store next time you can verify for me that the DVD comes with English subtitles??
Ouch :doh: ill check it out for you Andrew,i was sure it was avaible from the Uk with subtitles..im on it.
Pikachu is a virgin!

quatre_temps

Post by quatre_temps » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:15 pm

el presidente wrote:
quatre_temps wrote:
el presidente wrote:
*UGH!* I've tried. I truly have tried but because the DVD's are only sold in Europe and because they are region 2 I can't buy them here (Only in Europe can I buy it). Now that isn't the problem because I own a multi-region DVD player and eBay allows me to buy from Europe. What the problem IS, is that all the DVD's are in Norweigan and from what I've seen...don't have English sub-titles. Now, because I don't speak your native tongue I'd have no way of understanding what the hell is going on. Perhaps when you're at the store next time you can verify for me that the DVD comes with English subtitles??
Ouch :doh: ill check it out for you Andrew,i was sure it was avaible from the Uk with subtitles..im on it.
Thanks, mate :cheers: I really would appreciate it if you checked out the DVD for me. I asked a few sellers on eBay if it was subtitled but they never got back to me with an answer. Looks like a great movie and I'm eager to see it. :thumbsup:

BTW, sorry for spelling 'Norwegian' wrong (My bad :doh: )

el presidente

Post by el presidente » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:31 pm

My pleasure :thumbsup: btw,they are making a remake of"Operation Gunnerside"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_ ... Gunnerside
Pikachu is a virgin!

quatre_temps

Post by quatre_temps » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:46 am

There's a lot of good European movies I'd like to see that aren't available in North America. There's this one movie with Nazi zombies in Norway that come alive. COOOooooool! :excited:

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:49 am

Seth wrote:One of my favorite CDs of all times. I was big into sound when I was a teenager and Bro in Arms was one of the first CDs recorded in full digital. I used to live iwth the big ass headphones on listening to this one on CD. It was so ethereal... especially the back half.

Thanks for the video. I bet I haven't seen it in 10 years.
+1 for sure. One of my favorite albums, and guitarists. :fro:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

el presidente

Post by el presidente » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:09 am

quatre_temps wrote:There's a lot of good European movies I'd like to see that aren't available in North America. There's this one movie with Nazi zombies in Norway that come alive. COOOooooool! :excited:
Ill check around a bit Andrew,if i find them with subtitles i send them to you :thumbsup: Ahhhhh..Dead Snow :lol:

Pikachu is a virgin!

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:13 am

The first Dire Straits album/CD is fantastic..

Sultans of Swing... :thumbsup:

Mike

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:16 pm

:violin: :violin: :violin: :love:
Pasquale

NSC