Show off your bicycles!

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
polaco23
Actually chooses to live in Detroit
Name: Dominik

Show off your bicycles!

Post by polaco23 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Here is my stable.....each one suites a purpose, each one gets ridden frequently.

GT iDrive 4.0 full suspension MTN bike, aftermarket bits like new pedals, cyclos wheels, aggressive tires, etc. Bought it for a cool $100 at a garage sale where the owners father sold it to me, he didnt know it retails for $1,700. :whistle:

For the last 3 years, its been ridden thousands of miles. practically bulletproof, but heavy. Its my main trail/snow/rain/offroad bike

up next is another bargain, $3.50. No im not mistaken. Another garage sale find, i missed my old BMX bikes of my youth (ha! im only 24), so i mentioned to my father i was looking for a replacement. Well he called me to come over and he had this sitting in his driveway. It was originally $5, but he haggled down to $3.50 because its all he had in his pocket! :lol: All it needed were new tires, and it rides perfect. its my neighborhood/short distance bike.
Mongoose with 3-piece crank, and aftermarket goodies.

My daily rider, is my new Trek Soho S, its a singlespeed/fixed gear, but i only ride it as a single speed. Fast and light as hell! Both the freewheel and fixed gear are aftermarket, both 16 tooth. Lighter than many road bikes ive ridden. 700c wheels topped off with new Bontrager reflective tires finish off the package. The bike coasts with NO sound, at all. not even the freewheel clicks like on 99% of bikes. its scary how quiet and stealthy it is, almost dangerous to ride at night. All aftermarket components (new seat, tires, water bottle cage, crow bar handlebars) are Bontrager.

This is my main bicycle, perfect for any on-road occasion

Up next is my vintage beauty, 27inch Schwinn Voyageur 11.0. With front brake only setup, chopped and flipped aluminum bars, 2 speed only now, and new bontrager seat. My girlfriend loved this bike so much i had to buy the trek since i couldnt keep up with her on my GT mountain bike! :roll: So this is now her bike, we try to ride 20 miles twice weekly on hilly & paved trails by my house. Light chro-moly frame, and a really fast bike.

Goes great with an Enzo! :grin:

And lastly, my cherry sparkle twisted lowrider, 144 skoke wheels, twisted everything from the mirrors to the sissy bar, and everything in between. more of a show piece than a rider. Sold it and i miss it. :banghead:

ElChingon7
Official DWC Boot Whore
Name: Glæn

Re: Show off your bicycles!

Post by ElChingon7 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Love the lowrider...

I'm in the process of dumping this one...

Picked up a Schwinn Clear Creek for the Mrs and a Mongoose Blackcomb for me for 'family riding'
WTF

polaco23
Actually chooses to live in Detroit
Name: Dominik

Post by polaco23 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:13 pm

whoa! those spinergies are so official! :shock:

Love the purple bits, on the cages and hub bolts.

Whats this beauty selling for? Good luck with the sale!

lets see the other steeds! :cheers:

ElChingon7
Official DWC Boot Whore

Post by ElChingon7 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:19 pm

polaco23 wrote:whoa! those spinergies are so official! :shock:

Love the purple bits, on the cages and hub bolts.

Whats this beauty selling for? Good luck with the sale!

lets see the other steeds! :cheers:
I took a guess at the price...$550 on craigs list, I have three interested parties, and one guy driving from NY to come and get it probably Friday.

The only thing original on it is the paint :mrgreen: All Campagnolo gear, and Ti goodies. Weighs about 19lbs. The spinergies were because I got tired of truing wheels :tap:
WTF

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Sweet Cannondale Glen. :thumbsup: I have a friend back home who has really gotten serious about cycling over the last several years. I hope to get a bike and ride with him some in a few years when I get back to NC. :bananastoner:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ElChingon7
Official DWC Boot Whore

Post by ElChingon7 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Just waiting for Chris to show up, he's the one who does the serious riding... :whistle: :whistle:
WTF

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Current ride is a Pinarello Dogma. Been eying a Prince though.

My paperweight gathering dust... Turner XCE.

Another gathering dust, my Rocky Mountain Element.

Not a fun day on the mountain. That's me "on" a Santa Cruz Bullit.

8-)

-luke

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:41 pm