Movie suggestions!!

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 9045
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Southern CA

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by HapaHapa » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:13 pm

JBZ wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:49 am
Finally (finally) been getting into Fauda - I'm enjoying it. I thought the first couple of episodes were weak, but it got better after that. I think part of it was the dubbing and part of it was the fact that most of the main male characters have scruffy beards and all of the main female characters have long, dark hair, so it took me awhile to figure out who was who.
And I thought I was the only one who got confused about who is who during movies.
The Hapa

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by unsub073 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:19 am

Amazon Prime: It All Begins With A Song. I thought it was a really good documentary.
This is a film about one of the most important unknown forces in music: The Nashville Songwriter

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 10841
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by JBZ » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:34 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:13 pm
JBZ wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:49 am
Finally (finally) been getting into Fauda - I'm enjoying it. I thought the first couple of episodes were weak, but it got better after that. I think part of it was the dubbing and part of it was the fact that most of the main male characters have scruffy beards and all of the main female characters have long, dark hair, so it took me awhile to figure out who was who.
And I thought I was the only one who got confused about who is who during movies.
I'm definitely easily confused, but here's a link to an article with a picture of the current cast. Take a look at the two guys on the left and the three on the right. I mean, c'mon!

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hit-israe ... th-season/
Image

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 10841
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by JBZ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 am

I mentioned The Investigation on HBO above. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it. The lead character wears a Seiko SKX007.
Image

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 6023
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by jtbenson » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:03 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:15 am
HapaHapa wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:00 am
kempoman wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:24 am
Foreign movie - Mosul is based on true event in warn torn Iraq. A lot of realistic gun battle between Iraq SWAT and ISIS. An excellent movie and highly recommended.
Wow. Agree excellent.
I'll put in another vote to recommend this one. Excellent movie and definitely more crazy when you realize it was all based upon actual events.
2nd, thanks for this reco; i've watched in twice in the last three days
Image

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 7234
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by Chocodove » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:16 pm

I’ll third or fourth Mosul. Excellent movie. Need to watch it again.
- Todd

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by unsub073 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:50 am

I care a lot on netflix is really good.
A crooked legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards meets her match when a woman she tries to swindle turns out to be more than she first appears.

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 9045
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Southern CA

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by HapaHapa » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Watched “The Dig”, historical based drama on Netflix. Most excellent.

“In the late 1930s, wealthy landowner Edith Pretty hires amateur archaeologist Basil Brown to investigate the mounds on her property in England. He and his team discover ...”

User avatar
WatchOut63
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:59 am
Name: Jim

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by WatchOut63 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:12 am

unsub073 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:50 am
I care a lot on netflix is really good.
A crooked legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards meets her match when a woman she tries to swindle turns out to be more than she first appears.
Wife and I watched this. If you get angry at people taking advantage of others, get your meds ready :mrgreen: great flick.

User avatar
BlueSky
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:47 pm
Name: David

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by BlueSky » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:23 am

unsub073 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:50 am
I care a lot on netflix is really good.
A crooked legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards meets her match when a woman she tries to swindle turns out to be more than she first appears.
Yes.. I like Rosamund Pike.

User avatar
Morethan1
Frequent bumper of posts
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:02 pm
Name: Alex
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by Morethan1 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 am

Image
Watched this for the first time few weeks ago.
I love 80's action movies, so this was a lot of fun.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 10841
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by JBZ » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 am

Morethan1 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 am
Image
Watched this for the first time few weeks ago.
I love 80's action movies, so this was a lot of fun.
That's one of his early ones (1978 per IMDB). I think his best 80's movie was probably Code of Silence. Creepiest was Silent Rage - co-starring Ron Silver and Stephen Furst (Kent Dorfman from Animal House). He made his fair share of clunkers, too, but no one's watching a Chuck Norris movie for the acting.

One of my cable movie stations has been running a lot of Sho Kosugi 80's ninja movies recently. They're a lot of fun.
Image

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by unsub073 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 am

JBZ wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 am
Morethan1 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 am
Image
Watched this for the first time few weeks ago.
I love 80's action movies, so this was a lot of fun.
That's one of his early ones (1978 per IMDB). I think his best 80's movie was probably Code of Silence. Creepiest was Silent Rage - co-starring Ron Silver and Stephen Furst (Kent Dorfman from Animal House). He made his fair share of clunkers, too, but no one's watching a Chuck Norris movie for the acting.

One of my cable movie stations has been running a lot of Sho Kosugi 80's ninja movies recently. They're a lot of fun.
Those have not aged well at all, but dammit I will watch them anytime if I come across one on tv.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 10841
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by JBZ » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:15 am

unsub073 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 am
JBZ wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 am

One of my cable movie stations has been running a lot of Sho Kosugi 80's ninja movies recently. They're a lot of fun.
Those have not aged well at all, but dammit I will watch them anytime if I come across one on tv.
Completely agree. It's amazing how much worse the acting, effects, and cinematography are now than they were when I was 15. But I still love them if for no other reason than to have my wife walk in the room and say, "good lord what are you watching now?"
Image

User avatar
Morethan1
Frequent bumper of posts
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:02 pm
Name: Alex
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by Morethan1 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:47 am

JBZ wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:15 am
unsub073 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 am
JBZ wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 am

One of my cable movie stations has been running a lot of Sho Kosugi 80's ninja movies recently. They're a lot of fun.
Those have not aged well at all, but dammit I will watch them anytime if I come across one on tv.
Completely agree. It's amazing how much worse the acting, effects, and cinematography are now than they were when I was 15. But I still love them if for no other reason than to have my wife walk in the room and say, "good lord what are you watching now?"
Better than all the crap remakes that are out nowadays haha

gamecock111
Posts: 655
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 am
Name: Doug

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by gamecock111 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:48 pm

WatchOut63 wrote:
unsub073 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:50 am
I care a lot on netflix is really good.
A crooked legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards meets her match when a woman she tries to swindle turns out to be more than she first appears.
Wife and I watched this. If you get angry at people taking advantage of others, get your meds ready :mrgreen: great flick.
Yeah, this movie pissed me off. We have watched a few duds recently and this was well made, but damm.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by unsub073 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:23 am

The new Coming 2 America on Amazon was enjoyable. No where close to as good as the original one, but not many movies are. If you do watch it, make sure you stick around to watch all the credits.

User avatar
hobbit712
Posts: 3395
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 am
Name: Steve
Contact:

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by hobbit712 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:15 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:00 am
kempoman wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:24 am
Foreign movie - Mosul is based on true event in warn torn Iraq. A lot of realistic gun battle between Iraq SWAT and ISIS. An excellent movie and highly recommended.
Wow. Agree excellent.
Watched this last night...holy crap...what a great movie! Extremely realistic. Sad and heartbreaking on a lot of levels.
http://watchidiotsavants.com
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 16674
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by mattcantwin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:34 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:12 pm
Watched “The Dig”, historical based drama on Netflix. Most excellent.

“In the late 1930s, wealthy landowner Edith Pretty hires amateur archaeologist Basil Brown to investigate the mounds on her property in England. He and his team discover ...”
Yep, most excellent. :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
Steve O.
Posts: 2269
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm
Name: Uh, Steve
Location: Atlanta OTP

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by Steve O. » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:26 am

unsub073 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:23 am
The new Coming 2 America on Amazon was enjoyable. No where close to as good as the original one, but not many movies are. If you do watch it, make sure you stick around to watch all the credits.
Better than I thought it would be. Wesley Snipes was surprisingly funny.
"Don't trust your balls, they're nuts." - Harry Vanderspeigle

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by unsub073 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:33 am

the last blockbuster documentary on netflix is really good especially for those old enough to remember renting VHS tapes at stores.

User avatar
kempoman
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Borneo Island

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by kempoman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:48 pm

Watched this Korea gangland movie. It's near classic like with good storyline and reminiscent of 70's Godfather.
Sorry i haven't found any englsih sub title but search for year 2013 and korean movie title 新世界 (translates as new world). Hope this helps.
The full movie in mandarin subtitle here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNCppWq ... WL&index=2
some clip,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12AjnCErVHU
Watch collector since 1989

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 46381
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:01 pm

The Pagan King, I really liked it https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6020428/

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 46381
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:23 am

kempoman wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:48 pm
Watched this Korea gangland movie. It's near classic like with good storyline and reminiscent of 70's Godfather.
Sorry i haven't found any englsih sub title but search for year 2013 and korean movie title 新世界 (translates as new world). Hope this helps.
The full movie in mandarin subtitle here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNCppWq ... WL&index=2
some clip,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12AjnCErVHU
man i bet that is a great movie. i wish i had subtitles for it :crybaby: EDIT: actually you can add the subtitles on utube under settings. i gotta watch this tonight! :salute:

User avatar
kempoman
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Borneo Island

Re: Movie suggestions!!

Post by kempoman » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:15 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:23 am
kempoman wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:48 pm
Watched this Korea gangland movie. It's near classic like with good storyline and reminiscent of 70's Godfather.
Sorry i haven't found any englsih sub title but search for year 2013 and korean movie title 新世界 (translates as new world). Hope this helps.
The full movie in mandarin subtitle here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNCppWq ... WL&index=2
some clip,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12AjnCErVHU
man i bet that is a great movie. i wish i had subtitles for it :crybaby: EDIT: actually you can add the subtitles on utube under settings. i gotta watch this tonight! :salute:
I didn't know that. It was a box office success in Korea 2013. Enjoy!
Watch collector since 1989

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests