Schaumburg(?) watches

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Brklynlarsons
Name: Robert

Schaumburg(?) watches

Post by Brklynlarsons » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Lindbergh & Benson? Who the hell makes these watches? Are they any good? There is a 2000m Ti diver on the WUS sales forums that is very cool, IMO.

I've never heard of them, and they don't seem to come up often, as this is the only time I can recall seeing one. I guarantee Amine doesn't have one, so they are not snazzy.

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Robert
No thanks, I'm trying to cut down

Robert

userfriendly

Re: Schaumburg(?) watches

Post by userfriendly » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Brklynlarsons wrote:Lindbergh & Benson? Who the hell makes these watches? Are they any good? There is a 2000m Ti diver on the WUS sales forums that is very cool, IMO.

I've never heard of them, and they don't seem to come up often, as this is the only time I can recall seeing one. I guarantee Amine doesn't have one, so they are not snazzy.

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Robert
Lindbergh & Benson is manufacturer of the Schaumburg watch.
--Jay--

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:49 pm

From what I have read while they are not well know, they have a pretty good reputation.
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator
Name: Trevor

Post by cali kid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 pm

L&B makes Schaumburg and Nauticfish! I've got a COSC aquamatic and love it! Very well made watches! L&B was the first company with this case design and it has been copied by many others, there were a few lawsuits too!

Image Image Image
Trevor

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:03 am

Trevor summed it up nicely. Like he said, L&B were the original makers. Nauticfish, I believe was an offshoot of the original. I wanna say there were some lawsuits involving Nauticfish. I'm pretty sure you can search the whole sordid affair on WUS. I don't think Nauticfish is quite the same quality as the old L&B Schamburgs.

kowalski

Post by kowalski » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:32 am

I think Nauticfish and L&B are the same company. I have a NF diver, and the paperwork for the warranty, etc. says L&B. The yellow watch case is the same as well. I think the Nauticfish are just a different offering at maybe a slightly better price.

Brklynlarsons

Post by Brklynlarsons » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:12 am

This is one of the Schaumberg (still can't figure out the spelling :grin: ) AquaTitans with the Carbon face. It is definitely different than the Nauticfish. I checked it out last night. Neat looking watch rated at 2000m with a completely titanium case, HRV, bezel locking system.

Robert

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:01 pm

And here's one of the many watches using the same case style.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tallguy
Name: Steve-0-reeno

Post by Tallguy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Wan't this one of the topics Sean used to rant about :scream: :cussing: :banplz:

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Tallguy wrote:Wan't this one of the topics Sean used to rant about :scream: :cussing: :banplz:
Only when it got a little too quiet and he needed to create some drama. :whistle:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DEMO

Post by DEMO » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:41 pm

Like others have said, Lindbergh & Benson is manufacturer of the Schaumburg and NauticFish watches. The company is based in Rinteln Germany. I've had both brands and manufacture quality is the same with both. My current watch from L & B is the NauticFish MSC 1000 C.O.S.C., I purchased it directly from the manufacturer in Germany this past summer. I've been very happy with it.

Here are a few shots of it...

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Trevor, LOVE that Schaumberg, those are very cool. 8-) :thumbsup:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator

Post by cali kid » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Sean had the aquatitan and paul was looking at one but not sure if he bought! Great watch and if it's the one for 800 bones dont think you could go wrong!!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread ... ost2590719

bet you can get it for a great price since it has been changed to any reasonable offer1
Image Image Image
Trevor

Diaboliq
Strap Maker Extraordinaire
Name: Joe

Post by Diaboliq » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:24 am

Sooo wait.. This case on L&B is German FRICKER made and Enzo is LONGIO made? Or what..?
Click:

theoilrigger

Post by theoilrigger » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 am

Diaboliq wrote:Sooo wait.. This case on L&B is German FRICKER made and Enzo is LONGIO made? Or what..?
from what I get, L&B were the originators of the case, and all others copied it.

but then again, I don't jump out of airplanes and rescue Seal Teams...

1watchaholic
Name: Gary

Post by 1watchaholic » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 am

cali kid wrote:Sean had the aquatitan and paul was looking at one but not sure if he bought! Great watch and if it's the one for 800 bones dont think you could go wrong!!

bet you can get it for a great price since it has been changed to any reasonable offer1
That aquatitan was once mine in mint condition. Traded it for his TAG. Very cool and light watch. Not being a diver, some of its nice features did not turn me on, ie. the locking Bezel, WR depth etc. Due to not many being familiar with the watch, often as a buyer you can get great deals. As a seller, the secondary market is very fickle. Very sharp carbon fiber dial with the same pattern in the strap. Solid well made watches. I'm still holding on to my Orange #04 Schaumburg.

Among Addictions…None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator

Post by cali kid » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:23 am

1watchaholic wrote:
cali kid wrote:Sean had the aquatitan and paul was looking at one but not sure if he bought! Great watch and if it's the one for 800 bones dont think you could go wrong!!

That aquatitan was once mine in mint condition. Traded it for his TAG. Very cool and light watch. Not being a diver, some of its nice features did not turn me on, ie. the locking Bezel, WR depth etc. Due to not many being familiar with the watch, often as a buyer you can get great deals. As a seller, the secondary market is very fickle. Very sharp carbon fiber dial with the same pattern in the strap. Solid well made watches. I'm still holding on to my Orange #04 Schaumburg.

I remember when you picked this one up, i had just got mine and wasnt sure about picking the same piece up with a different color dial! Should have because i know you got an amazing deal on this awesome watch!! :clap:
Image Image Image
Trevor

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:14 am

Diaboliq wrote:Sooo wait.. This case on L&B is German FRICKER made and Enzo is LONGIO made? Or what..?
:shrug:
Pasquale

NSC

apnk
Supergluing Miscreant
Name: Juan

Post by apnk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:41 am

I always liked L&B Shaumburg watches, hopefully I can get one later this year. I like the Aquamatic Black One, this is Black Two (pics belong to Yamahaki):

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:17 am

Juan, you had posted this in WUS...
-----------------------------------------------
Here a statement I found from last summer, it's from Shaumburg about the cases:

Quote:
Dear Forum members,
we were contacted from different Forum members with the question whether we manufacture for the Brand DEEP BLUE. I hope our statement on this platform and to this topic is ok for you.

We do not manufacture watches for Deep Blue in fact we were surprises negatively from our NauticFish distributor in the USA. The trust-break was gigantic. Because of existing contracts we will take legal measures. (against the NautictFish design copies) Among other things the ONE THOUSAND Case is registerd by the German Brand and Patent Office in Munich. Also we do not use Mioyta Movements for the NauticFish Automatic watches because the least somebody can expect from an automatic watch starting from 300 US$ is a stop second.

Also we do not obtain our current NF cases from a company named Longio. We get all case pieces (not finished cases) in individual parts.
All housing assembly takes place by Schaumburg Watch in Rinteln which can be confirmed by participants and visitors of the Schaumburger Watch Workshops. (http://www.lindburgh-benson.com/semi...inar-zwei.html)

Thus it is possible for us in Germany to coat the cases in the DeCoTech PVD plasma method or to assemble our own special seals, or to build in Luminova. These are just a few examples...
The advantage for the customer: If the watch has scratches on the PVD coating, we always have a possibility for re-coating in Germany after the initial purchase. More factors are the waterproofness and pressure tests. We have test cylinders which give us the possibility to test up to 600 bar. (6000 Meter) Thus we can also test each watch after the inspection for 100% security. We test numerous cases of different well-known Swiss and German Brands.

We don't want to plot a discussion with this statement. Only due to the many inquiries to this topic we regarded it as our obligation to post a statement concerning this matter.

NOTE: For us this situation is very unpleasant concerning our many Nauticfish customers in the USA. If there are problems we ask all our USA NauticFish customers and interested parties to contact us directly. We do have special offers for those who are interested.

Thank you and best regards
NAUTICFISH
Nautische Zeitmesser
Kirchplatz 5 & 6
D-31737 Rinteln / Germany
http://www.nauticfish.com
info@nauticfish.com
----------------------------------------------------

And this I found on WUS from Enzo himself...

Originally Posted by ENZO MECHANA

this is an old discussion, indeed, as it twas mates, years back, we had a design, all our own, and when we started working with the folks in asia we began combining elements with their middle case and deconstructing, it was meant to be fun, as we were wanting to share and work together, benson was about to release the basic case, we didnt choose anything of the shelf as implied, i moved in the factory basically, for about 8 months or so, and worked on all details, tore off the crown protectors, designed the huge logo crown/back, all bezels, dials, hands, logo clasp, drilled holes in the case and bracelet, 5.5mm domed sapphire crystal, taught them qc points, and finishing points., designed a watch for them as well to use, etc., etc.,

Mike

dbluefish
Name: Paul

Post by dbluefish » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:23 am

I had the Black Two that I traded for with Sean. Great watch with a great double ended strap that my dog ate! Loved the watch but had a good sale offer, so you know how that goes. It was not COSC but ran well within their specs. It also looked good and wore big. Would buy another at the drop of a hat.

paul :bananastoner:
Baume et Mercier Capeland XXL
Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
Breitling Superocean A17345
Omega 2531.80
RGM Sea3
Ocean 7 LM3 #119
Zodiac Super Sea Wolf + Kit
Zodiac Astrographic 2000
Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)

Brklynlarsons

Post by Brklynlarsons » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:08 am

So, I'm home today with my little one who has a little 24 hour virus action going on. And what happens, the AquaTitan shows back up on the sales board. So, yes, I bit. :banghead: Very unique looking watch with a huge depth rating. Just what I need. Should get it next week.

I should never be home with too much time on my hands and no adult supervision. Only bad things happen. :shrug:

Robert