Post by el presidente » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:52 am

fastward wrote:"stufflered"!
:shock: :lol:
Pikachu is a virgin!

R@cerx
Name: David

Re: PolProf - yes the PolProf

Post by R@cerx » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:56 am

There seems to be two versions of this fine timepiece. Below is the 58 click bezel version. :whistle:

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:08 am

lol, somehow I got into the WUS thread don't know why but I got sucked in.

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:29 am

The argument over there forgot something.
"handmade"

Not hand assembled, not assembled and QC so it meets Swiss regs, no, its

"handmade"

The OP had a fair point in his post.
Yes i know, its advertising, and i am not talking about the brand or the watch, as i dont have an opinion at all on either.
Just the "handmade"
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am

t20569cald wrote:The argument over there forgot something.
"handmade"

Not hand assembled, not assembled and QC so it meets Swiss regs, no, its

"handmade"

The OP had a fair point in his post.
Yes i know, its advertising, and i am not talking about the brand or the watch, as i dont have an opinion at all on either.
Just the "handmade"

Yeah Todd I don't disagree but a marketing type will tell u there's wiggle room there too. I mean is hand assembled the same as hand made. Does it mean we have to make the parts using only hand tools? Or can we use parts made on a machine assemble it and call it hand made? I always take all advertising with a huge grain of salt I work with too many marketing people.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Let me clear this up right now - I AM the OP - ArNATO was an alias I created a while back with the intention of sabotaging every thread I could over there and inundating the forum with pics that I could later modify. That's ok - OnTimeGabe and the other WUS mods will have their hands full soon enough. I posted that up after Matt posted that pic up in the RR. And all those historical and other errors in my post was intentional by the way. So anyway, they banned me as ArNATO after that thread got going, so I signed in as kimber1. That got banned. So now I'm back on under a different name that i'm not disclosing at this time (and certainly not in the open forum). That thread served it's intended purpose - to stir the pot. And boy did it.

Oddly enough, Caesar, you seemed to take a lot of that shit personally. Would you have been so quick to agree with Marcin or Gabe insofar as ArNATO's posts or banning if you had known it was me stirring the pot?
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

BSears wrote:Let me clear this up right now - I AM the OP - ArNATO was an alias I created a while back with the intention of sabotaging every thread I could over there and inundating the forum with pics that I could later modify. That's ok - OnTimeGabe and the other WUS mods will have their hands full soon enough. I posted that up after Matt posted that pic up in the RR. And all those historical and other errors in my post was intentional by the way. So anyway, they banned me as ArNATO after that thread got going, so I signed in as kimber1. That got banned. So now I'm back on under a different name that i'm not disclosing at this time (and certainly not in the open forum). That thread served it's intended purpose - to stir the pot. And boy did it.

Oddly enough, Caesar, you seemed to take a lot of that shit personally. Would you have been so quick to agree with Marcin or Gabe insofar as ArNATO's posts or banning if you had known it was me stirring the pot?
Nothing personal my man I just don't get the venom directed at O7 dont like the product, dont buy it, is the ad that much different than millions of ads that hock product, no not IMO. And the fact that some new be with 6 posts started it kind of irritated me yeah :-) If I'd have know it was an old hand at this I would probably have taken a kinder gentler approach. As far as banning goes it is what it is I was reffering to the O7 forum they write the check, they make the rules, or Doxa or any other forum. It's not about free speech.
Last edited by caesarmascetti on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manitoujoe
Name: Mark

Post by manitoujoe » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:38 pm

HAHAHAHA Brad, you are awesome
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:48 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:
BSears wrote:Let me clear this up right now - I AM the OP - ArNATO was an alias I created a while back with the intention of sabotaging every thread I could over there and inundating the forum with pics that I could later modify. That's ok - OnTimeGabe and the other WUS mods will have their hands full soon enough. I posted that up after Matt posted that pic up in the RR. And all those historical and other errors in my post was intentional by the way. So anyway, they banned me as ArNATO after that thread got going, so I signed in as kimber1. That got banned. So now I'm back on under a different name that i'm not disclosing at this time (and certainly not in the open forum). That thread served it's intended purpose - to stir the pot. And boy did it.

Nothing personal my man I just don't get the venom directed at O7 dont like the product, dont buy it, is the ad that much different than millions of ads that hock product, no not IMO. And the fact that some new be with 6 posts started it kind of irritated me yeah :-) If I'd have know it was an old hand at this I would probably have taken a kinder gentler approach. As far as banning goes it is what it is I was reffering to the O7 forum they write the check, they make the rules, or Doxa or any other forum. It's not about free speech.
Hey thanks for calling me out on everything I posted. Much appreciated.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:49 pm

It must not be selling to good with internet sells on the forums because we know the bull shit of ocean7 watch boutique co so now they are advertising in magazines to people who don't know the shitty history behind this piece of junk hopping for more sells.

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:51 pm

fastward wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:

Hey thanks for calling me out on everything I posted. Much appreciated.

anytime, what you posted didn't make any sense sorry

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:54 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:anytime, what you posted didn't make any sense sorry
:popcorn:

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Why all the hate?

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:01 pm

moishlashen wrote:Why all the hate?

:stir: just don't get all the venom for O7, maybe I need a history lesson

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:09 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:

Trust me, when I posted that in the O7 forum, I knew it would be deleted faster than I could post it up in the DWF over there. I posted on WUS with the very intent of stirring it up. But that ad is also grossly misleading. And some dimwit over on WUS said something to the effect of "the ad clearly states its a homage....." blah blah blah - no, it didn't dipshit. The word "homage" is no where to be found in that ad. I know you didn't say that Caesar, it was some WUSsy. Point is, that thread in toto at WUS has shown us many things, which I shall enumerate below:

1) everyone over there thinks they are a gd lawyer
2) if you aren't praising an O7 in an O7 thread, say goodbye to your thread/post
3) use a proxy if you plan to use multiple usernames after your previous ones are banned. :doh:
4) the O7 mod went out of his way to make sure he left the safety of the O7 confines to come to the DWF and puff his chest. Way to go supawabb (actually, I think he might have even visited that thread himself- must have been too much for him to process as he has yet to make a post)
5) Clearly, O7 sucks. Why else would they resort to a magazine ad to sell that watch (slow sales maybe), and in doing so, try to compete with the original (ok, reissue of the original) by Omega? Someone said that ad is only targeting WIS. Not true. No true WIS is gonna be duped by that ad. Unless they've had too much O7 kool-aid, in which case, they aren't a true WIS, but someone who has just had their wallet stolen.
6) There is such a thing as bad publicity.
7) People are always who they seem to be.

:raised:

GregNYC
Name: Greg

Post by GregNYC » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Can anyone explain the 58 (or was it 57) click bezel? Were the clicks slightly larger and equally distributed around the circle, or were they the right size, but with a gap? One of the funnier watch SNAFUS I've ever heard of! And O7 didn't want to replace them?

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:17 pm

BSears wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:

Trust me, when I posted that in the O7 forum, I knew it would be deleted faster than I could post it up in the DWF over there. I posted on WUS with the very intent of stirring it up. But that ad is also grossly misleading. And some dimwit over on WUS said something to the effect of "the ad clearly states its a homage....." blah blah blah - no, it didn't dipshit. The word "homage" is no where to be found in that ad. I know you didn't say that Caesar, it was some WUSsy. Point is, that thread in toto at WUS has shown us many things, which I shall enumerate below:

2) if you aren't praising an O7 in an O7 thread, say goodbye to your thread/post
3) use a proxy if you plan to use multiple usernames after your previous ones are banned. :doh:
4) the O7 mod went out of his way to make sure he left the safety of the O7 confines to come to the DWF and puff his chest. Way to go supawabb (actually, I think he might have even visited that thread himself- must have been too much for him to process as he has yet to make a post)
5) Clearly, O7 sucks. Why else would they resort to a magazine ad to sell that watch (slow sales maybe), and in doing so, try to compete with the original (ok, reissue of the original) by Omega? Someone said that ad is only targeting WIS. Not true. No true WIS is gonna be duped by that ad. Unless they've had too much O7 kool-aid, in which case, they aren't a true WIS, but someone who has just had their wallet stolen.

IMO at the end of the day O7 is no worse than the slew of homage and companies that use asian cases have them assembled by the Swiss and then claim Swiss made. I agree with you on the point that the ad was most definately NOT aimed at WIS, and was aimed at the general unimformed public. I work around Ad and Marketing people I am jaded on every ad I look at so for me this one was no more blatently dishonest than most. You should see what goes into some foods that claim "all natural ingrd" for example. I've got no axe to grind with either O7 or WUS, but if you do have at it :-) and enjoy

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:17 pm

GregNYC wrote:Can anyone explain the 58 (or was it 57) click bezel? Were the clicks slightly larger and equally distributed around the circle, or were they the right size, but with a gap? One of the funnier watch SNAFUS I've ever heard of! And O7 didn't want to replace them?

Hey Greg, I posted up a response to that thread in the RR on this. basically, and so the rest of the free world can see this - O7 completely screwed the pooch on that bezel. Perhaps one of the worst bezel jobs I've ever heard of or seen. Someone back about a year and a half ago posted up pics of that bezel. The holes were inconsistent, and there were only 58 of them. Mitch didn't want to fess up to it until he was basically forced to by so many pissed off WUS members who bought that watch. They ended up being given the option to swap the 58 clicker for a 60 clicker. I can only assume (and you know what happens when you assume) that the new bezel works appropriately. :raised:

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:20 pm

BSears wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:

Am I reading the add wrong? It does cleary state that they are an homage in the add......Oh, and by the way, for reference, as I have posted elsewhere, I think the add is classless, cheapshotting, and tasteless at best.

GregNYC
Name: Greg

Post by GregNYC » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 pm

BSears wrote:Hey Greg, I posted up a response to that thread in the RR on this. basically, and so the rest of the free world can see this ....
Thanks Brad! Sorry about my duplicate post - I hyperlinked to the other thread and only afterwards did I realize it was in the RR and not in the Dive forum.....

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:25 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
BSears wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:

Am I reading the add wrong? It does cleary state that they are an homage in the add......Oh, and by the way, for reference, as I have posted elsewhere, I think the add is classless, cheapshotting, and tasteless at best.

It does. My bad. I read that ad 5 times and just now noticed the word "homage" in there. I still don't think they are specifically targeting WIS with that add, though. :shrug:

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:30 pm

BSears wrote: It does. My bad. I read that ad 5 times and just now noticed the word "homage" in there. I still don't think they are specifically targeting WIS with that add, though. :shrug:
Would a non-WIS know what a homage is? I think its there for legal reasons.