Speaking thruth to Power..

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
AZpops
Name: Lance

Re: Speaking thruth to Power..

Post by AZpops » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Wow, could have fooled me...with the wedding photo by the beach and all...

Pops

BSears wrote:
AZpops wrote:
BSears wrote:Wait, wait....here's the part of this thread I'm having a problem with... (see below)
NoCompromise wrote:I am 1/2 Asian, yet I don't find Asian chicks attractive. At All. :shifty: There, I said it.

:naughty: Asian chicks are HOT! Why do you think I married one?! :mrgreen: :rock: But I guess I can let that slide since you are at least 1/2 Asian yourself. :lol:

From the photos you posted in the "Rumper Room", she look's like she's from the Islands or an Island girl?

Pops
Nope, Vietnam. :fro:
Lance

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 pm

AZpops wrote:Wow, could have fooled me...with the wedding photo by the beach and all...

Pops

BSears wrote:
AZpops wrote:
BSears wrote:Wait, wait....here's the part of this thread I'm having a problem with... (see below)
NoCompromise wrote:I am 1/2 Asian, yet I don't find Asian chicks attractive. At All. :shifty: There, I said it.

:naughty: Asian chicks are HOT! Why do you think I married one?! :mrgreen: :rock: But I guess I can let that slide since you are at least 1/2 Asian yourself. :lol:

From the photos you posted in the "Rumper Room", she look's like she's from the Islands or an Island girl?

Pops
Nope, Vietnam. :fro:

She's actually lived in the states most of her life. We just chose Hawai'i to get hitched so we could avoid the expense and hassle of a "real" wedding. :lol:

Sorry, Bill, I think we've hijacked this thread! :excited: :threadjack:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Seth
Guy who shoots guns

Post by Seth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm in iPhone bliss. What the hell are you numnuts fighting about and do I need to get out the thesaurus?

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Seth wrote:I'm in iPhone bliss. What the hell are you numnuts fighting about and do I need to get out the thesaurus?
Since you have an iPhone, you'll never wear a watch again. Just flip the Seal and get it over with :stir:

Seth
Guy who shoots guns

Post by Seth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:31 pm

I already installed the Kobold app. German Chocolatey goodness.

ky70

Post by ky70 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Gents,
This thread has digressed into highschool level stuff. First the weak "wus thread" accusation. I guess that's intended to be a hurtful barb directed right at a guys manhood...because DWC is a true watch forum dedicated to the discussion of true dive watches (well, this thread betrays that concept). It really irks me when any forum wastes too much bandwidth discussing what goes on other forums. And the weak convo about Asian women and such is just silly stuff. I purposely avoid rumble rooms and off topic forums because I have absolutely NO interest in these low level conversations. Take that childish crap to the rumble room.

There are many solid guys on this forum, but this thread is a bad example and I hope this is not what DWC is about.  

dshap
Favorite shirt size: Schmedium.
Name: David

Post by dshap » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 pm

ky70 wrote:Gents,
This thread has digressed into highschool level stuff. First the weak "wus thread" accusation. I guess that's intended to be a hurtful barb directed right at a guys manhood...because DWC is a true watch forum dedicated to the discussion of true dive watches (well, this thread betrays that concept). It really irks me when any forum wastes too much bandwidth discussing what goes on other forums. And the weak convo about Asian women and such is just silly stuff. I purposely avoid rumble rooms and off topic forums because I have absolutely NO interest in these low level conversations. Take that childish crap to the rumble room.

There are many solid guys on this forum, but this thread is a bad example and I hope this is not what DWC is about.  

These are just for you :banplz:

-David

vbuskirk
Thread Jacker Extraordinaire
Name: Chris

Post by vbuskirk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Sorry to disappoint, but at DWC I'll bet that "hot Asian chicks" will win out over "my micro is better than your Rolex" threads every time. Thanks for the stern dressing down though.

Ohhh. And harden the fuck up rookie. :bird:
Chris

vbuskirk

Post by vbuskirk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:18 pm

citizenfox wrote: I like the Shark Diver better than the Sub and the DSSD.
I agree that it's an aggressive design. How would you compare the lume? The bezel action? Case finishing? Let's see some comparison shots. Including some macro shots of the dial and hands. How long have you owned/evaluated each of them?
Chris

ikkoku
Stink Eye Extraordinaire

Post by ikkoku » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:37 pm

dshap wrote: Image

quoting just to see the pics again

Brian D
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Really?

Post by Brian D » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Dude, you have NO idea how childish we can be when the need arises. Relax and you'll have more fun. And to quote an esteemed colleague of mine "Mind your spurs".
The Way of the Warrior is
To Live to Die

Brian D.

Brian D
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Really?

Post by Brian D » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Tragic wrote:citizenreclinerfox
:poke: :roll:
The Way of the Warrior is
To Live to Die

Brian D.

vbuskirk

Post by vbuskirk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Brian D wrote:
Tragic wrote:citizenreclinerfox
:poke: :roll:
No worries, even Toby made it through his Rolex hating phase. :grin:
Chris

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am

There is much to ponder in this thread. I have spent some time at WUS, and have recently found DWC.
It is my opinion that if half the threads at WUS degenerated into pictures of scantily clad asian girls, then It would probably be more interesting.

For what it is worth, I like the DSSD, but Helson looks nice too, I would be on asian girls like white on rice \pun intended/(and if I could get my wifes permission :naughty: ), and I have no real opinion on SUVs. Oh and I think I might stick around a bit more at DWC, and a bit less at WUS.

cheers

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:32 am

mfxr wrote:There is much to ponder in this thread. I have spent some time at WUS, and have recently found DWC.
It is my opinion that if half the threads at WUS degenerated into pictures of scantily clad asian girls, then It would probably be more interesting.

For what it is worth, I like the DSSD, but Helson looks nice too, I would be on asian girls like white on rice \pun intended/(and if I could get my wifes permission :naughty: ), and I have no real opinion on SUVs. Oh and I think I might stick around a bit more at DWC, and a bit less at WUS.

cheers
Welcome Matt, Stick around you will enjoy the diversity of DWC. Even I keep coming back to this thread in my limited lurking time.

And now that Grace :love: has shown up here I will continue checking back.

By the way: Grace say's Welcome as well. :love: :love:

Regards
Barry

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:03 am

Bahah....DWC is more about friends bullshitting...often about what watch Wu is flipping next, or what's in one guys koolaid...

We are group of varied tastes, of which we discuss at length.....HTFU! :roll:
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:48 am

Welcome Matt, Stick around you will enjoy the diversity of DWC. Even I keep coming back to this thread in my limited lurking time.

And now that Grace :love: has shown up here I will continue checking back.
Thanks, I appreciate the ..ahem.. welcome ;)

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:59 am

Bill, enjoy the new Helson. You may find that the shorter lug length will help the watch sit a bit better on the wrist, I do anyways.

Lance
Lance

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 am

dshap wrote:

These are just for you :banplz:

--------------------

:thatshot: :drool: :drool: :drool:

thanks for making my day David...
Asian women are hot....

Mike

p.s. nothing better than watches and women.... :salute:

425ranger
OMGWTFBBQ
Name: Bill

Post by 425ranger » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 am

Kthxby :bird:
Retired
Key West, FL
Have a sparkling day.

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:14 am

demer03 wrote: Bahah....DWC is more about friends bullshitting...often about what watch Wu is flipping next, or what's in one guys koolaid...

We are group of varied tastes, of which we discuss at length.....HTFU! :roll:
Well said Mike.
demer03 wrote:...often about what watch Wu is flipping next
you're not kidding, this is like watching a spectator sport. :excited:
Regards
Barry

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:23 am

:shock: :o Damn ... did we just get "TOLD"?

I hear ya KY. And I'd agree with you if every thread on DWC went off topic. But they don't. It's usually only when the OP's question, statement, etc has been thoroughly answered that a thread may go a little OT before it dies. I think a lot of it is our years of being censored, and moderated like children at sites like WUS, TZ, hell .... everywhere. I don't see a problem with an occasional thread jacking.

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:27 am

Kai-You've been around enough to know not every thread turns into this. What happened is actually a brilliant deflection from a dumb noobie land mine of a thread into something glorious. Trust me its much better that this happened. Hope you take nothing personal and stick around because you're right-many of the solid guys out there are here and the watch knowledge density here is pretty high also and you add to both. :cheers:

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

citizenfox

Post by citizenfox » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:49 am

moishlashen wrote:

Kai-You've been around enough to know not every thread turns into this. What happened is actually a brilliant deflection from a dumb noobie land mine of a thread into something glorious. Trust me its much better that this happened. Hope you take nothing personal and stick around because you're right-many of the solid guys out there are here and the watch knowledge density here is pretty high also and you add to both. :cheers:
\

The rare noobie who has owned Rolex, Breitling, PAM, Porsche, Vintage Tag and even G-Shocks like W.C. (of course I have Frogman so I look down on Bill's G-Shocks and assume he can't afford a Frogman)

That said, I wholly approve of any thread, including ones I start, about anything, turning into pictures of hot Asian girls.

Like every forum there's plenty of self satisified defensive bullshit here, but enough real knowledge and free speech to make it worth it.

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 am

citizenfox wrote:
moishlashen wrote:

\

The rare noobie who has owned Rolex, Breitling, PAM, Porsche, Vintage Tag and even G-Shocks like W.C. (of course I have Frogman so I look down on Bill's G-Shocks and assume he can't afford a Frogman)

That said, I wholly approve of any thread, including ones I start, about anything, turning into pictures of hot Asian girls.

Like every forum there's plenty of self satisified defensive bullshit here, but enough real knowledge and free speech to make it worth it.

Forgot to add your lofty education and your expensive cars. If you're gonna show the wang in every post might as well show the whole thing now :naughty:

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."