Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Deployment

Post by Jamie » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:23 pm

Hey guys even a long time no post.

I’ve been out of the game for a while hence the question for advice.

I wear almost everything on rubber no matter how many leather or canvas straps I buy all the girls end up on rubber. My go to has always been the Breitling deployment however since I’ve been out of he game for years I was wondering if any of the micros have come out with anything decent.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: Deployment

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:39 am

Hey stranger!

I’m not aware of any aftermarket deployant style clasp that’s worth anything. Breitling has the adjustable one and it’s the best around IMO. Check Everest and RubberB straps, as one of them is making a wider selection of stuff, but clasps are pretty generic.

DEMO

Post by DEMO » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:22 am

Hey Jamie, good to see you around these parts. Here's several rubber / deployant choices....

H2O Rubber Deployant --- Really nice quality. Rubber is like Isofrane, clasp is high quality machined with a lot of fine adjustment. Out of stock currently but Clemens has new stock coming in soon (22mm & 24mm).:
https://www.h2o-watch.com/armbander-ver ... ander.html

San Martin --- (yes, it is from China) but it is nice strong & flexible true rubber and nice machining on the deployant dive clasp:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/San-Martin-Qua ... SwQKZdE7KM

Bonetto Cinturini 400 --- Nice quality rubber with carbon fiber texture. Clasp is stamped but I replaced mine with a nice quality deployant from StrapCode.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/22mm-Bonetto-C ... 4623!US!-1

Steinhart Rubber Deployant --- Nice quality. This one is in 24mm (not sure what size you are looking for):
https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/acce ... -1014.html

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:01 am

Not a micro, but Omega deployants are the best and most comfortable by a LONG shot (on my wrist, at least).

:htfu:

Jamie

Deployment

Post by Jamie » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:12 pm

Thanks Guys.

Agree on Bonetto having some of the nicest rubber straps they are my go to most of the time. Never tried their deployment because it looked stamped.

Mat read your omega comment and it got me thinking. Been working from home cause of the Rona so I hadn’t dug through my “work bag of straps” yet.

Came into the office this morning and managed to find a brief line rubber and a clasp from an Omega mesh!!!

No terrible and it will do till I can find something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:09 pm

Jamie wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:12 pm
Thanks Guys.

Agree on Bonetto having some of the nicest rubber straps they are my go to most of the time. Never tried their deployment because it looked stamped.

Mat read your omega comment and it got me thinking. Been working from home cause of the Rona so I hadn’t dug through my “work bag of straps” yet.

Came into the office this morning and managed to find a brief line rubber and a clasp from an Omega mesh!!!

No terrible and it will do till I can find something better.

Hahaha that's awesome. Strap combo costs more than the watch.

What width are those Omega mesh bracelets?? I need one.
:htfu:

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:36 pm

Yes it did occur to me that the strap was more $ than the watch. I have the mesh in a 22 and 24mm but never use them. They are great quality and original 70s stock but like I said if it ain’t o. Rubber it don’t get worn. Also lost one of the original Omega pins when putting it all together which really annoyed me. Forgot how far pins could fly!!

I Have been lurking trying to find an Orient Star diver in yellow and bought this as a substitute till I could find one. Have to say it didn’t really scratch the itch. Image

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Hey Jamie, I have a Breitling deployant I bought for my Ti Seawolf I picked up last year. Only prob is it's polished steel not brushed. Thinking I could give it a brushed finished, just havn't had time. If you think you could use it give me a shout? J
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.