WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
pacifichrono
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 am
Name: Tom
Location: Sunny San Diego

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by pacifichrono » Sat May 23, 2020 5:28 pm

Image
Regards from Sunny San Diego.............Tom
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29042
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by matt.wu » Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
:htfu:

User avatar
mechnut
Posts: 3293
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:25 am
Name: Roger
Location: Virginia

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by mechnut » Sat May 23, 2020 5:40 pm

Me too


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
gonzomantis
Posts: 3013
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm
Name: Mike

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by gonzomantis » Sat May 23, 2020 5:46 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:58 am
Love the dial on the Nodus Retrospect salmon sky Image

Image
Looks great! I really appreciate that they got the date to match the dial.

User avatar
kempoman
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Borneo Island

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by kempoman » Sat May 23, 2020 6:00 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
:fro: Cool!
Watch collector since 1989

User avatar
bpax
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:37 am
Name: Bill
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by bpax » Sat May 23, 2020 6:10 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
:clap: :clap: :clap:

User avatar
raf42
Fister
Posts: 2212
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:02 pm
Name: Rob
Location: California

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by raf42 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:18 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Sweet!

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 28129
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat May 23, 2020 7:35 pm

pacifichrono wrote:Image
That’s sexy
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 28129
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat May 23, 2020 7:36 pm

gonzomantis wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:58 am
Love the dial on the Nodus Retrospect salmon sky Image

Image
Looks great! I really appreciate that they got the date to match the dial.
Thanks Image me too. I like the shape of the date window and that it’s lumed too Image
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 3141
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by tmw » Sat May 23, 2020 7:51 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Not you too. I can’t take any more pics of this.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
RALAustin
Posts: 3991
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:52 pm
Name: Rob

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by RALAustin » Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Awesome! Wore mine all day at the lake. So light you forget it is on.

User avatar
jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Posts: 11443
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 pm
Name: Björn

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by jeckyll » Sat May 23, 2020 9:17 pm

AtomicTom wrote:That is hypnotic Brice ! :excited: Looks incredible sir !!! :) :clap:


It's a Ruhla Saturday on this end guys. Hope that all of you can enjoy the weekend ! Image :salute:


Image


Image
Super fun watch!
If you believe the doctors, nothing is wholesome; if you believe the theologians, nothing is innocent; if you believe the military, nothing is safe.
--Lord Salisbury

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29042
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by matt.wu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 pm

RALAustin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Awesome! Wore mine all day at the lake. So light you forget it is on.
You're an enabler. It's such a perfect watch though. You absolutely forget you're wearing it.
:htfu:

User avatar
poppydog
aka Nelldog
Posts: 5773
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm
Name: Steve
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by poppydog » Sun May 24, 2020 2:36 am

matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Great looking watch Matt, just seen your insta' post. I am, though, struggling a bit with the price compared with the standard version. Do you have any profile shots to show the thickness? I think I remember reading somewhere it's not quite as thick as the ss model.
Regards

Steve

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29042
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by matt.wu » Mon May 25, 2020 5:53 pm

poppydog wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Great looking watch Matt, just seen your insta' post. I am, though, struggling a bit with the price compared with the standard version. Do you have any profile shots to show the thickness? I think I remember reading somewhere it's not quite as thick as the ss model.
It feels thin, but it’s added a domed sapphire crystal which potential adds to the thickness dimension (but helps to set it apart from standard version).

Image
:htfu:

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 3141
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by tmw » Mon May 25, 2020 7:45 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 pm
RALAustin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Awesome! Wore mine all day at the lake. So light you forget it is on.
You're an enabler. It's such a perfect watch though. You absolutely forget you're wearing it.

Both you guys. I need you to stop!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna cave....I know it.....
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15395
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by ericf4 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:11 pm

tmw wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 pm
RALAustin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Awesome! Wore mine all day at the lake. So light you forget it is on.
You're an enabler. It's such a perfect watch though. You absolutely forget you're wearing it.

Both you guys. I need you to stop!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna cave....I know it.....
Love it. Then saw the MSRP. No can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 3762
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by nweash » Mon May 25, 2020 11:07 pm

ericf4 wrote:
tmw wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 pm
RALAustin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Awesome! Wore mine all day at the lake. So light you forget it is on.
You're an enabler. It's such a perfect watch though. You absolutely forget you're wearing it.

Both you guys. I need you to stop!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna cave....I know it.....
Love it. Then saw the MSRP. No can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Amen. Why the heck is it almost 3x the regular ones??

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15395
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by ericf4 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:07 am

nweash wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tmw wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 pm
RALAustin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Awesome! Wore mine all day at the lake. So light you forget it is on.
You're an enabler. It's such a perfect watch though. You absolutely forget you're wearing it.

Both you guys. I need you to stop!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna cave....I know it.....
Love it. Then saw the MSRP. No can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Amen. Why the heck is it almost 3x the regular ones??
I could never justify that price unfortunately

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29042
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by matt.wu » Tue May 26, 2020 3:51 pm

nweash wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:07 pm
ericf4 wrote:
tmw wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 pm
RALAustin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Awesome! Wore mine all day at the lake. So light you forget it is on.
You're an enabler. It's such a perfect watch though. You absolutely forget you're wearing it.

Both you guys. I need you to stop!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna cave....I know it.....
Love it. Then saw the MSRP. No can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Amen. Why the heck is it almost 3x the regular ones??
For the same reason any of us are paying the price we do for any of these watches. Because people will pay what they're asking for it. There's nothing logical about paying even $1k for a time-only watch. :)

And for me, I'm liking it 3x more than the regular ones, so it works out for me. :cheers:
:htfu:

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 3762
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by nweash » Tue May 26, 2020 4:25 pm

matt.wu wrote:
nweash wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:07 pm
ericf4 wrote:
tmw wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 pm
RALAustin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Awesome! Wore mine all day at the lake. So light you forget it is on.
You're an enabler. It's such a perfect watch though. You absolutely forget you're wearing it.

Both you guys. I need you to stop!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna cave....I know it.....
Love it. Then saw the MSRP. No can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Amen. Why the heck is it almost 3x the regular ones??
For the same reason any of us are paying the price we do for any of these watches. Because people will pay what they're asking for it. There's nothing logical about paying even $1k for a time-only watch. :)

And for me, I'm liking it 3x more than the regular ones, so it works out for me. :cheers:

I understand all that. I just never realized bond versions had a premium.

It is the best looking example of a sea master I’ve ever seen. I’m glad to hear you’re liking it. I think this forum is gonna see a few more pop up by the looks of things.

PS if you’re saying my 5 figure Blancpain purchase was illogical well then...you may be my fiancée.

User avatar
four20
Posts: 3301
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:36 pm
Name: erik
Location: NE of disorder

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by four20 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Wearing the birthday present (from my lovely girlfriend) Great White turdle, grilling some steaks I bought for myself (and said gf), and after we will get into the bottle of Whistle Pig she also bought me (do I have the greatest girlfriend, or what?!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34546
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by hoppyjr » Tue May 26, 2020 4:57 pm

four20 wrote:Wearing the birthday present (from my lovely girlfriend) Great White turdle, grilling some steaks I bought for myself (and said gf), and after we will get into the bottle of Whistle Pig she also bought me (do I have the greatest girlfriend, or what?!)
Good to know, but you’re in the wrong thread. LOL

User avatar
four20
Posts: 3301
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:36 pm
Name: erik
Location: NE of disorder

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by four20 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:20 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:57 pm
four20 wrote:Wearing the birthday present (from my lovely girlfriend) Great White turdle, grilling some steaks I bought for myself (and said gf), and after we will get into the bottle of Whistle Pig she also bought me (do I have the greatest girlfriend, or what?!)
Good to know, but you’re in the wrong thread. LOL

Well, I am wearing the turdle :grin:

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15395
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: WRUW 23 MAY 2020

Post by ericf4 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:40 pm

nweash wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
nweash wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:07 pm
ericf4 wrote:
tmw wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 pm
RALAustin wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Love it

NTTD SMP

Image
Awesome! Wore mine all day at the lake. So light you forget it is on.
You're an enabler. It's such a perfect watch though. You absolutely forget you're wearing it.

Both you guys. I need you to stop!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna cave....I know it.....
Love it. Then saw the MSRP. No can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Amen. Why the heck is it almost 3x the regular ones??
For the same reason any of us are paying the price we do for any of these watches. Because people will pay what they're asking for it. There's nothing logical about paying even $1k for a time-only watch. :)

And for me, I'm liking it 3x more than the regular ones, so it works out for me. :cheers:

I understand all that. I just never realized bond versions had a premium.

It is the best looking example of a sea master I’ve ever seen. I’m glad to hear you’re liking it. I think this forum is gonna see a few more pop up by the looks of things.

PS if you’re saying my 5 figure Blancpain purchase was illogical well then...you may be my fiancée.
Couldn't agree more

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 93 Turbo, Bing [Bot], dshap, logan2z, Nomadz, pbj204, Ryeguy and 26 guests