Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Re: Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Post by mattcantwin » Sun May 17, 2020 12:39 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:01 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Captdave wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:46 pm
JDC222 wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:We are watching my deceased brother kids for summer. Hope to make some good memories out of it.
You’re a good man Terry.
Awesome! What Dave said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks guys, we have some challenges ahead but we are ready for it.
I’m sure you will. It’s gotta be hard on the kids but they’ll eventually adapt.

Spent my morning swinging a sledgehammer with a splitting maul.

Kudos; that's tough work. :cheers:

I've retired my mauls.

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sun May 17, 2020 12:40 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
franco60 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 am
Here’s my COVID Groundhog Day update. Still at the lake after two months. Our largest expenses have been my wife’s Amazon binges and boat fuel. (Oh yeah-and watch purchases!)Image

!)Image

beautiful! i miss living on the lake. even thought I kept breaking our bayliner :banghead:
That was you’re problem, it was a bayliner. There’s such a thing as “bayliner mentality”. See it frequently.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Sun May 17, 2020 12:41 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:51 am
We are watching my deceased brother kids for summer. Hope to make some good memories out of it.
I'm sure they'll enjoy it. :thumbsup:

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sun May 17, 2020 2:16 pm

mattcantwin wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:01 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Captdave wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:46 pm
JDC222 wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:We are watching my deceased brother kids for summer. Hope to make some good memories out of it.
You’re a good man Terry.
Awesome! What Dave said.

thanks guys, we have some challenges ahead but we are ready for it.
I’m sure you will. It’s gotta be hard on the kids but they’ll eventually adapt.

Spent my morning swinging a sledgehammer with a splitting maul.

Kudos; that's tough work. :cheers:

I've retired my mauls.

I’ve seen your wood pile - no way I’d do that by hand!
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Last few days have been interesting. Friday I crashed on the mountain bike. Pretty quick when it happened. Got bucked off the left side. Managed to tuck my arm into my side but landed pretty hard. Doctor thinks I bruised the ribs or muscles surrounding them. Did the whole teledoc thing.

Felt decent enough to bake some bread that evening. Pulled an old bread machine out of the closet.

Didn't feel that sore yesterday surprisingly. Image

So..... What do I do but take a road bike ride. Image Managed 16 miles.

Baked another loaf with some of the everything spice I used last week on the bagels. Image

Well I paid for the lack of rest this morning. No energy and kinda of sore.

Taking tomorrow off from work to heal up a little more and spend some time with family. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Hope you're back to 100% soon; those breads look great!

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Sun May 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Bike wrecks can be hard. I broke 2 then 7 more ribs a month apart a few years back and it sucks. Hope you recover quickly.
www.simplynoble.net

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:38 am

BacoNoir wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:42 pm
Bike wrecks can be hard. I broke 2 then 7 more ribs a month apart a few years back and it sucks. Hope you recover quickly.
mattcantwin wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm
Hope you're back to 100% soon; those breads look great!
Thanks guys!
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Mon May 18, 2020 4:37 am

Cut out the turf around trees and bushes in the yard then spread 5 yards of mulch. Luckily, I was able to borrow my neighbors little tractor, but that was still a PITA.

Then I took the shrink wrap off the boat and put the canvas back on to get it ready to put back on the slip before the holiday weekend.

Finally, I took the kids out to play 9 holes of golf. We had to walk as my wife worries about renting a cart with this Covid-19 concern.

I think I went over 30,000 steps each day over the weekend. I usually kick out a quick 5 miles in the morning, but I think I’m going to skip it this morning.

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:01 am

franco60 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 am
Here’s my COVID Groundhog Day update. Still at the lake after two months. Our largest expenses have been my wife’s Amazon binges and boat fuel. (Oh yeah-and watch purchases!)Image

!)Image

Nice views :cheers: . It looks very similar to the lake I grew up on.

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Tue May 19, 2020 7:07 am

Changed the oil on the Tacoma yesterday. It's been a while since I've done my own vehicle (aside from the boat) oil change. Toyota actually makes the process pretty easy on the 2nd gen Tacoma.

Today's project is to get the boat ready to go back onto the slip for the summer.

Beaches are still closed here in NH, so I'm thinking of putting my surfboard on the back of the boat and anchoring about 500 yards off shore. I could surf and still be fully compliant - not on the beach, not parked on the road, socially distant.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Tue May 19, 2020 7:35 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:07 am
Changed the oil on the Tacoma yesterday. It's been a while since I've done my own vehicle (aside from the boat) oil change. Toyota actually makes the process pretty easy on the 2nd gen Tacoma.
It's nice when you have enough ground clearance to do an oil change without having to use ramps or jack stands.
Ryeguy wrote:
Beaches are still closed here in NH, so I'm thinking of putting my surfboard on the back of the boat and anchoring about 500 yards off shore. I could surf and still be fully compliant - not on the beach, not parked on the road, socially distant.
That's a good idea. Will someone stay with the boat?

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Tue May 19, 2020 11:35 am

Selym wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:35 am
Ryeguy wrote:
It's nice when you have enough ground clearance to do an oil change without having to use ramps or jack stands.
Ryeguy wrote:
Yeah, I'm not bored or desperate enough to mess around with jacks and ramps for an oil change. I can get under the truck with my creeper with no issues with it just sitting on its tires.

As to the boat, yes, I would keep someone on it while I surfed. If that thing started to drag its anchor, there is no way I'd be able to catch it paddling on my surfboard.

I'll probably not do it as I am friendly with the police chief in my town. As much as I don't like the beaches being closed and being unable to surf (golfing and hair salons are OK, but the beach isn't?!), I also don't want to be a pain in his ass. He has enough things going on without having to deal with me.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue May 19, 2020 12:08 pm

There as "big" issue here with the hair salons... still can't open (probably next week) but hair salons and barber shops are already saying that the will have to increase prices when they open in order to comply with the new "social distancing" rules that the local government is requiring.

I already gave myself a "haircut" with my beard trimmer.... time to invest on a good hair trimmer and get my wife to start watching "how to" videos in YouTube :lol:

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Selym wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
Yeah, I'm not bored or desperate enough to mess around with jacks and ramps for an oil change. I can get under the truck with my creeper with no issues with it just sitting on its tires.

As to the boat, yes, I would keep someone on it while I surfed. If that thing started to drag its anchor, there is no way I'd be able to catch it paddling on my surfboard.

I'll probably not do it as I am friendly with the police chief in my town. As much as I don't like the beaches being closed and being unable to surf (golfing and hair salons are OK, but the beach isn't?!), I also don't want to be a pain in his ass. He has enough things going on without having to deal with me.
More idiotic arbitrary rules from power drunk asshole Governors as far as I'm concerned.

Selym

Post by Selym » Tue May 19, 2020 1:22 pm

Joeprez wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:08 pm
There as "big" issue here with the hair salons... still can't open (probably next week) but hair salons and barber shops are already saying that the will have to increase prices when they open in order to comply with the new "social distancing" rules that the local government is requiring.

I already gave myself a "haircut" with my beard trimmer.... time to invest on a good hair trimmer and get my wife to start watching "how to" videos in YouTube :lol:
I've been buzzing mine with a Wahl trimmer that I bought at BJ's a while ago. I use the number 2 comb, and it looks like number 2. That's not Wahl's fault. :lol:

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Tue May 19, 2020 1:58 pm

I started watching “how to” haircut videos today so I can show my wife when I find a good one. Yesterday I talked to the person that has cut my hair for the past 14 years and she wouldn’t take me “speakeasy style” since her husband is a corrections officer in a CV-infested jail and she’s worried about passing something along to my son. I totally respect that. Said she’d refer me to another speakeasy...but nah I’ll attempt to deal with this myself. Sad that it has come to this.

On a positive note, outdoor shooting ranges are open as of Friday!
- Todd

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Tue May 19, 2020 2:29 pm

59yukon01 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm
Ryeguy wrote:
Selym wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:

More idiotic arbitrary rules from power drunk asshole Governors as far as I'm concerned.
I tend to agree with you. Every epidemiologist I've read states outside activities such as being active at the beach (especially at a somewhat rural beach such as found in NH and not a crowded beach such as Miami or the NJ boardwalk / shore) are low risk for transmission.

It is crowded closed in spaces with poor ventilation (i.e. a hair salon) that are much higher risk. But, like I said, I know the guy who has to enforce the rule and I know he didn't make them, so I won't add to his aggravation. He has enough on his plate dealing with other idiots.

That said, I really don't believe surfing from a boat would be a violation as long as the surfer didn't walk onto the beach.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue May 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Selym wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:22 pm
Joeprez wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:08 pm

I've been buzzing mine with a Wahl trimmer that I bought at BJ's a while ago. I use the number 2 comb, and it looks like number 2. That's not Wahl's fault. :lol:
LOL!

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

1954Selmer
Name: RC

Post by 1954Selmer » Tue May 19, 2020 3:20 pm

For over two years, I've been working on something that I consider to be one of the most important things that I've ever pursued in my life. I still have three more phases. On June 26th, I will receive an approval or denial.

Selym

Post by Selym » Tue May 19, 2020 4:15 pm

1954Selmer wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:20 pm
For over two years, I've been working on something that I consider to be one of the most important things that I've ever pursued in my life. I still have three more phases. On June 26th, I will receive an approval or denial.
You're gonna leave us in suspense? :banghead:

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Tue May 19, 2020 4:26 pm

1954Selmer wrote:For over two years, I've been working on something that I consider to be one of the most important things that I've ever pursued in my life. I still have three more phases. On June 26th, I will receive an approval or denial.
Approval for gender reassignment surgery?
www.simplynoble.net

1954Selmer
Name: RC

Post by 1954Selmer » Tue May 19, 2020 4:42 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:26 pm
1954Selmer wrote:For over two years, I've been working on something that I consider to be one of the most important things that I've ever pursued in my life. I still have three more phases. On June 26th, I will receive an approval or denial.
Approval for gender reassignment surgery?

I've already had that surgery performed. I wish that this journey was that simple.

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Wed May 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Added five to the coop today.

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Wed May 20, 2020 2:06 pm

Taking Thursday and Friday off for a 5 day stay-cation!

Our work at home order from work just got extended to late June for the earliest restart, but had a note saying "at-risk" folks should plan to do so until a vaccine is developed - so I'm doing it indefinitely.
www.simplynoble.net