Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
gwells
Name: Greg

Re: Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Post by gwells » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:35 pm

i checked my painting supply bins and found a few charcoal masks and one P95 (which is an N95 + oil resistance). so i have at least one good mask and a few that are better than a cloth mask.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Just did the spring cleaning on the garage - pulled everything out, power washed it, reorganized it and washed the vehicles too. Tomorrow is getting the waterfall cleaned out and started up for the season and getting the cold weather veggies in the garden.

The wife sewed a bunch of cloth masks with pockets in them and we had some HEPA fabric from old vacuum cleaner bags to cut up and insert into the pockets. Not an N95, but better than nothing.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:33 pm

JDC222 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:Just bought a handful of these SPF face masks on Amazon.

Pretty inexpensive (about $10 per) and certainly not N95, but readily available and better than nothing. Plus, my wife likes the SPF 50 rating.

Plus, they'll still be useful for fishing / boating once this pandemic is over.

Also handy for robberies if you get bored!

Pro tip: never reuse the same mask
The laws regarding being masked and entering a bank have all gone out the window...lol
Same for having mask rubber gloves etc...in you carImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Yesterday spent the day refinishing the dinning table with milk paint the wife bought for the job.

Before Image

Last edited by Jamie on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm

After Image

Last edited by Jamie on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:59 pm

After dinner tonight, I've scheduled a virtual cigar get together on Google Duo with some out of state cigar buddies, with appropriate alcohol refreshments. I'll probably have one or two wee drams of whisky.
No, it's not Tourettes.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:12 pm

Jamie wrote:Yesterday spent the day refinishing the dinning table with milk paint the wife bought for the job.

Before Image

That looks great

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:20 pm

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:24 pm

Nothing to brag about, but I finally built a base to lift the dryer up off the floor.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:56 pm

I took down the bb hoop the kids don’t use anymore. Tomorrow I tackle the old swing set.

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:56 pm

3E7FC4B9-45F1-4EFC-827B-DC2C0431391C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:16 pm

Jamie wrote:After Image
Nice job.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

pacifichrono
Name: Tom

Post by pacifichrono » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:32 pm

mattcantwin wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:24 pm
Nothing to brag about, but I finally built a base to lift the dryer up off the floor.

Nice job! I've been meaning to do that like...forever! :lol:
Regards from Sunny San Diego.............Tom

pacifichrono
Name: Tom

Post by pacifichrono » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:39 pm

four20 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:52 am
HapaHapa wrote:
Joeprez wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:04 pm
Ryeguy wrote:Just bought a handful of these SPF face masks on Amazon.

Pretty inexpensive (about $10 per) and certainly not N95, but readily available and better than nothing. Plus, my wife likes the SPF 50 rating.

Plus, they'll still be useful for fishing / boating once this pandemic is over.

Also made an order of about 10 of those for family and us.... Hoping they get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Delivery dates don’t look great. Even for Prime. We ordered from a few different vendors and hoping something shows up soon.
I ordered a couple from Cabela's late yesterday. No shipping info yet, but there seemed to be stock available on the ones I ordered and not so much on other brands

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk
I lucked out five or six weeks ago and ordered a few N95 3M masks off Amazon Prime before they were a hot item...just immediate family use. :thumbsup: But, they were still 20 bucks each!
Regards from Sunny San Diego.............Tom

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:41 pm

Today, I mostly played with my daughter and fought with my wife on the down low. Fucking awesome.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:43 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:41 pm
fought with my wife on the down low
I'm so sorry; that sounds horrible. I'd rather die in a pool of my own blood than bicker with my wife. :banghead:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:44 pm

Selym wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:43 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:41 pm
fought with my wife on the down low
I'm so sorry; that sounds horrible. I'd rather die in a pool of my own blood than bicker with my wife. :banghead:
I'm just waiting until my daughter goes to sleep for her to tell me all the shit I did to piss her off :banghead:

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:02 pm

Went to Costco today. They are managing shit pretty well. I got there a half hour before it opened and was 88th in line, very clearly marked in six foot increments outside. They limit shoppers to 100 people in the store at one time now. People were respectful and they had associates stationed around to monitor social distancing. Got pretty much everything I wanted except TP for my dad/aunts, no checkout lines whatsoever. Maybe 150 people waiting to get in when I left.

Most everyone masked/gloved up around here now, ranging from homemade cloth stuff to N95’s to one dude in a full military-style gas mask. One guy had a paper bag over his head. Seriously.

Pretty surreal experience overall.

So, respect to Costco for managing this. I was dreading going and they made it super easy.
- Todd

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:06 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:02 pm
Went to Costco today. They are managing shit pretty well. I got there a half hour before it opened and was 88th in line, very clearly marked in six foot increments outside. They limit shoppers to 100 people in the store at one time now. People were respectful and they had associates stationed around to monitor social distancing. Got pretty much everything I wanted except TP for my dad/aunts, no checkout lines whatsoever. Maybe 150 people waiting to get in when I left.

Most everyone masked/gloved up around here now, ranging from homemade cloth stuff to N95’s to one dude in a full military-style gas mask. One guy had a paper bag over his head. Seriously.

So, respect to Costco for managing this. I was dreading going and they made it super easy.
same at homedepot today. it took me 2 hours to get thru.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:25 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

2 hours? OMFG! Image I need to run by either Lowe's or HD for 2 cycle oil mix and weed and feed. Sure hope it's not like that here.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:38 pm

pacifichrono wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:32 pm
Nice job! I've been meaning to do that like...forever! :lol:
"Forever" - seems that's how long my wife has been asking me to do it.

Cheap as hell: five 2" x 3" x 8's and a quarter sheet of plywood.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:11 pm

What do you guys use for cutting wood? I know I could build something like that, but I have zero tools.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:38 pm

something like that, probably the easiest thing (at least to me) is a miter saw. inexpensive (if you don't want to spend much) and will but super fast and easy 90 degree cuts.
toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:06 pm
Chocodove wrote:

my home depot was a lot better. there was a short line (maybe 15-20 people?) when i drove up. they were only letting 150 people in at a time. by the time i parked and got there, i was 5th. got in quick. had a longer wait to pick something up at the pickup customer service area (some wood sheets for laser cutting) than to get the other two things i came for (more acrylic and some mulch). only 2 people in front of me in the garden center line to check out.

after that, i planned to go to BJs. but there was a long line outside waiting to get in. maybe 30-40 people. so i went to safeway instead and it wasn't crowded at all. and reasonably in stock with everything. except, of course, paper products. there were three 4packs of tree-free TP left (with a "one per person limit). and i found napkins in the paper plate section, so picked up two packs of those. and whoah, boneless, skinless chicken breasts were in bulk packs (fresh, sealed in essentially big plastic bags, no foam trays) for $0.99/lb. score. set for chicken for a while and grilled some up for dinner tonight. got everything i wanted, including finding a boneless shoulder to make some pork ragu sauce tomorrow in the pressure cooker.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:57 pm

mattcantwin wrote:Nothing to brag about, but I finally built a base to lift the dryer up off the floor.

I’m confused. Why do you want your dryer in the air?

DEATH FROM ABOVE

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:59 pm

Chocodove wrote:Went to Costco today. They are managing shit pretty well. I got there a half hour before it opened and was 88th in line, very clearly marked in six foot increments outside. They limit shoppers to 100 people in the store at one time now. People were respectful and they had associates stationed around to monitor social distancing. Got pretty much everything I wanted except TP for my dad/aunts, no checkout lines whatsoever. Maybe 150 people waiting to get in when I left.

I’ve never had to wait at a grocery store to get in. Sounds like when I tried Black Friday at Best Buy like 10 years ago.
Damn- is that’s what it takes to get food I feel bad for you. I pull up and walk into any store around here.

DEATH FROM ABOVE