Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Re: Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Post by Axelay2003 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:17 am

Joeprez wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:49 pm

Also want this:

Very nice Joe!

Have you ever handled the APC9 K PRO?
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:36 am

Nope, but I’ve been looking for a 9mm or .45 SBR (is that the correct name for these guns?) for a while. All recommendations are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:41 am

Joeprez wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:36 am
Nope, but I’ve been looking for a 9mm or .45 SBR (is that the correct name for these guns?) for a while. All recommendations are welcome.

I don’t think that’s an SBR since it’s fired from the hand, not the shoulder.

On edit - I think I see something folded behind, so it might be an sbr.

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:47 am

Joeprez wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:36 am

I was checking this out. Grand Power Stribog SP9A1 Gen 2.

It looks like this one sells for around $700 versus over $2k for the APC9 K Pro.
Last edited by Axelay2003 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:55 am

Joeprez wrote:Nope, but I’ve been looking for a 9mm or .45 SBR (is that the correct name for these guns?) for a while. All recommendations are welcome.

Pretty sure that’s a brace attached and not a stock, so it should be considered a pistol. Could be totally wrong, though.
- Todd

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:45 am

Local business doing it right.
88DC266C-69FB-4745-AA7E-045F6DF46ED1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:48 am

Chocodove wrote:
Joeprez wrote:Nope, but I’ve been looking for a 9mm or .45 SBR (is that the correct name for these guns?) for a while. All recommendations are welcome.

Pretty sure that’s a brace attached and not a stock, so it should be considered a pistol. Could be totally wrong, though.
Correct. That’s a pistol.

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am

Joeprez wrote:
franco60 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:12 pm
I spent two weeks working from our lake house and just got back to the big city. Getting renovation done there, so headed back next weekend. Office is 300 ft of lake frontage. Everyone’s figuring out there’s no reason to go to an office! Sell short all commercial real estate because no one needs the fixed costs! Image
Agree, been trying to work 2 days a week from home for a year but my boss doesn't want to do it fixed (I can ask day by day and she always says yes though... I just don't do it every week). Hope she sees after all this that all work got done on time.

Regarding guns, I only have holsters for my concealed carry guns (MP shield, Ruger LCP2 and Walther PPQ SC) and for my IDPA gun (Walther PPQ M2 5", OWB holster), been browsing OWB holsters for my Glock 19 with Streamlight TLR-1 light. You know, in case SHTF :grin: I have another Glock 19 without light... might as well get a holster for it.

SHTF bag with AR15 SBR and PPQ SC:

Also want this:

And to end my post: two nice photos with my son from last month... damn how I wish I could do that with him tomorrow:

He's better than me with the bow and arrow!
If shtf, my rifle doesn’t need a backpack. It’ll be out and close to me. Just something to keep in my mind. You could use that space for other things.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Agree!

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:20 pm

four20 wrote:Finally finished the hoist to store my Yakima roofbox in the rafters. $6 (after coupon) Harbor Freight bike hoist, a $5 2x6 and the rest I already had on hand. The box has 6'x2' footprint and had been sitting on sawhorses. This clears a significant amount of space in my small garage ImageImage

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk
Nice work Erik!

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:22 pm

LOL!

I just added that to my watch list earlier today.

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:57 pm

C12B7445-E554-4477-8061-F06FC7468D49.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

four20
Name: erik

Post by four20 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:03 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
four20 wrote:Finally finished the hoist to store my Yakima roofbox in the rafters. $6 (after coupon) Harbor Freight bike hoist, a $5 2x6 and the rest I already had on hand. The box has 6'x2' footprint and had been sitting on sawhorses. This clears a significant amount of space in my small garage ImageImage

Nice work Erik!
Thanks Ed! There was a lot of eyeballing, and even when I "measured twice" I still managed to screw up a couple times. It makes no difference, it does the job and the mistakes are hidden with the box in the way lol

four20

Post by four20 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:12 pm

I don't know where else to put this, but is anyone using an Instantpot these days? I wanted to share a killer chicken penne alfredo recipe that kicks ass. I know pasta is hard to come by these days and I had to substitute ziti tonight, but it'll work just fine.

https://www.number-2-pencil.com/instant ... o-pasta-4/

Some notes-
-absolutely use heavy cream. The lighter stuff hates pressure cookers
-absolutely use a wedge of parmesan and hand grate. The pre-grated will not melt right
if-if you want to add broccoli, DO NOT put in with the rest of the ingredients. Cook it on the side and add after the fact

I cannot guarantee this will get you laid, but it works for me every time ImageImage

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:02 pm

Mg wife uses one a lot. She thought about getting one for years and then finally did - it’s been great.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:06 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:02 pm
Mg wife uses one a lot. She thought about getting one for years and then finally did - it’s been great.
Same here. We use it on an almost daily basis.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:36 pm

our most-used instant pot recipe:

https://www.dadcooksdinner.com/pressure ... at-cheese/

you can sub fresh grated parm for the goat cheese, too (we do). and add other veggies if you want them. about 80% as good as regular, harder to make risotto, but about 15% of the work.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:37 pm

CZ Scorpion
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Erratic101 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am
Joeprez wrote:
franco60 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:12 pm
I spent two weeks working from our lake house and just got back to the big city. Getting renovation done there, so headed back next weekend. Office is 300 ft of lake frontage. Everyone’s figuring out there’s no reason to go to an office! Sell short all commercial real estate because no one needs the fixed costs! Image
Agree, been trying to work 2 days a week from home for a year but my boss doesn't want to do it fixed (I can ask day by day and she always says yes though... I just don't do it every week). Hope she sees after all this that all work got done on time.

Regarding guns, I only have holsters for my concealed carry guns (MP shield, Ruger LCP2 and Walther PPQ SC) and for my IDPA gun (Walther PPQ M2 5", OWB holster), been browsing OWB holsters for my Glock 19 with Streamlight TLR-1 light. You know, in case SHTF :grin: I have another Glock 19 without light... might as well get a holster for it.

SHTF bag with AR15 SBR and PPQ SC:

Also want this:

And to end my post: two nice photos with my son from last month... damn how I wish I could do that with him tomorrow:

He's better than me with the bow and arrow!
If shtf, my rifle doesn’t need a backpack. It’ll be out and close to me. Just something to keep in my mind. You could use that space for other things.
Yep. A shtf go bag is exactly that. What you’re left humping needs to be supplemented with consumed water eventually. But i get the inclination. You can keep that bag for your S.O., and load it with other contingent items, while wearing other weapons on your person.

Wish I had those toys available to me. Man I wish I had that scorpion, too.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:31 pm

four20 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:12 pm
I don't know where else to put this, but is anyone using an Instantpot these days? I wanted to share a killer chicken penne alfredo recipe that kicks ass. I know pasta is hard to come by these days and I had to substitute ziti tonight, but it'll work just fine.

https://www.number-2-pencil.com/instant ... o-pasta-4/

Some notes-
-absolutely use heavy cream. The lighter stuff hates pressure cookers
-absolutely use a wedge of parmesan and hand grate. The pre-grated will not melt right
if-if you want to add broccoli, DO NOT put in with the rest of the ingredients. Cook it on the side and add after the fact

I cannot guarantee this will get you laid, but it works for me every time ImageImage

the ninja is the best one we have ever used.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:33 pm

four20 wrote:
My wife bought one, but is afraid to use it. :grin:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

four20

Post by four20 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:08 am

Steve O. wrote:
four20 wrote:
Just make sure she has the red pressure indicator pin in. I'm the one who uses it in household but my girlfriend decided to surprise me a few weeks ago. She didn't put the pin back after the lid went thru the dishwasher and I came home to "BURN" on the display. What a mess..

Also, the ziti didn't work as well as I hoped. It all tasted good but the sauce didn't mix well. Mat have also been the Walmart heavy cream (I usually use Hood)

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:40 am

four20 wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
four20 wrote:
Just make sure she has the red pressure indicator pin in. I'm the one who uses it in household but my girlfriend decided to surprise me a few weeks ago. She didn't put the pin back after the lid went thru the dishwasher and I came home to "BURN" on the display. What a mess..

Also, the ziti didn't work as well as I hoped. It all tasted good but the sauce didn't mix well. Mat have also been the Walmart heavy cream (I usually use Hood)

My wife bought an insta pot last year- everything she makes in it is bland. She always boils eggs in it though.

I luckily miss out on most of her meals- when I’m not working I almost always cook dinner. So the 3 days at work the kids have to suffer with at least one bland instapot meal a week :)

We did just get an air fryer last week. We’ve just made some fries and tater tots. Very crispy.
And I made wings last week in it. My son claimed they are better than bw3, but I wouldn’t go that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

martyloveswatches
Name: Martin

Post by martyloveswatches » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:08 am

Isolated bbq (hidden from all views...)ImageImage

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

Marty

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:23 am

BBK357 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:40 am
four20 wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
four20 wrote:

My wife bought an insta pot last year- everything she makes in it is bland. She always boils eggs in it though.

I luckily miss out on most of her meals- when I’m not working I almost always cook dinner. So the 3 days at work the kids have to suffer with at least one bland instapot meal a week :)

We did just get an air fryer last week. We’ve just made some fries and tater tots. Very crispy.
And I made wings last week in it. My son claimed they are better than bw3, but I wouldn’t go that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The insta pot is great for refried beans, if you like mexican food.