Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:57 pm

sierra11b wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 pm
59yukon01 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:I only read the first post.

I am neither worried nor scared - and I say this with a daughter in the hospital and a son locked down @ home awaiting his test result. He’s an EMT who works with the homeless.

I’m pissed off - at both the Chinese government and our American politicians, but mostly at the idiots who aren’t using common sense.

The rest will work itself out. There is no need to worry about shit I cannot control. I have faith that my kids will be fine.
Both are not virus related I hope?

JBZ wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:13 pm
I hope your kids are okay Ed. This whole situation just sucks. Be well and good thoughts.

Thanks fellas.

Both are waiting for Covid results. I’m no doctor, but based on symptoms I’m thinking my daughter might have flu only.

My son works as an EMT with street people, so he’s exposed to all sorts of shit. Sometimes literally shit. His could be but he’s young and healthy.

I have faith this will all pass, hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks again.

Thoughts to your children but they’ll be fine. With your son’s regular exposure to feces, typhus (now a thing), hepatitis, TB, etc are the real threats for an able-bodied young man.

But given you’re frail AARP state, I recommend staying far away from them for sometime.
Thanks. Yes, they will be fine I’m sure.

I’ll just call them on my newfangled Jitterbug cellular telephone.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:34 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:57 pm
sierra11b wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:

I am neither worried nor scared - and I say this with a daughter in the hospital and a son locked down @ home awaiting his test result. He’s an EMT who works with the homeless.

I’m pissed off - at both the Chinese government and our American politicians, but mostly at the idiots who aren’t using common sense.

The rest will work itself out. There is no need to worry about shit I cannot control. I have faith that my kids will be fine.
JBZ wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
I hope your kids are okay Ed. This whole situation just sucks. Be well and good thoughts.

Thanks fellas.

Both are waiting for Covid results. I’m no doctor, but based on symptoms I’m thinking my daughter might have flu only.

My son works as an EMT with street people, so he’s exposed to all sorts of shit. Sometimes literally shit. His could be but he’s young and healthy.

Thanks again.

Thoughts to your children but they’ll be fine. With your son’s regular exposure to feces, typhus (now a thing), hepatitis, TB, etc are the real threats for an able-bodied young man.

But given you’re frail AARP state, I recommend staying far away from them for sometime.

agreed. they will be fine Ed. :pray:

tyd450
Name: Tyler

Post by tyd450 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:01 pm
Now that Wu closed the other thread maybe another investment thread to figure out how not to catch a falling knife? I've seen them done in other forums I belong to and all have seemed to keep politics out or to a minimum.

I've got about $5k I want to stuff into Vanguard ETFs and don't think I missed the boat yet based on today, even though part of me hopes so for the sake of the country. I fear we haven't seen the bottom yet.
I'd say put half of it in this week, and then throw more in to vanguard in $500 chunks over the next couple weeks

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
sierra11b wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:

JBZ wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Thanks fellas.

Thanks again.

It’s called a telegraph. Rest easy, young-at-heart, Ed... it seems the kungflu has already affected your brain. Dibs on your guns, sir

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 pm

Gerald wasn’t seeing patients, he was changing a strap.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:46 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 pm
How's he going to hit the nitrous tank with that cumbersome mask? :scratch:

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:07 pm

R@cerx wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:14 pm
sierra11b wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:01 pm
Now that Wu closed the other thread maybe another investment thread to figure out how not to catch a falling knife? I've seen them done in other forums I belong to and all have seemed to keep politics out or to a minimum.

I've got about $5k I want to stuff into Vanguard ETFs and don't think I missed the boat yet based on today, even though part of me hopes so for the sake of the country. I fear we haven't seen the bottom yet.
Act quick, like tomorrow; and buy Disney. Closed at 98 today... it was 153 in November. When this is over, people will be back at DW and sports will be back on tv. I put 90% of my 2019 IRA contribution in it.
Soooo many great deals.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:07 pm

Selym wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:46 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
those filters come off and present a perfect hose plug to connect straight to the tank.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:44 pm

sierra11b wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
sierra11b wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:

JBZ wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Thanks fellas.

Thanks again.

It’s called a telegraph. Rest easy, young-at-heart, Ed... it seems the kungflu has already affected your brain. Dibs on your guns, sir
:lol:

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:22 am

gwells wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:07 pm
Selym wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:46 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
those filters come off and present a perfect hose plug to connect straight to the tank.
:roll: Now you guys got me thinking about connecting a nitrous tank to this mask.

Chris, I also use this set up when taking watch sale photos, :lol: .

It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:26 am

BBK357 wrote:
JDC222 wrote:
Selym wrote:
andrema wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:29 pm
Working at the office while my family relaxes at home(school), working out ... all while I am pumping out tax returns.
Has the filing deadline been extended, or just the deadline for paying (if you owe)?
Canada’s have been extended to the end of June, I believe. Property tax payments have also been extended.
Meanwhile, in Canada ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s the cure right there buddy! Pure gold, 100% Maple syrup...Nature’s medicine.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:27 am

Music helps.
Last edited by Henryj on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

rain_maker
Name: Fred

Post by rain_maker » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:52 am

PSA ...
Not sure if it’s already been posted here but if you’re a Verizon unlimited customer you can sign up for a free year of Disney+.
We did the other day and are going thru the Marvel series from the beginning. Also get frozen and the Star Wars universe too.

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:13 am

Henryj wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:27 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eXT60rbBVk[/youtube]Music helps.
Good stuff...Several of these are going around.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:30 am

Henryj wrote:
Henryj wrote:
Music helps.
Get rid of everything from "https" to the "=" sign. :thumbsup:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:31 am

rain_maker wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:52 am
PSA ...
Not sure if it’s already been posted here but if you’re a Verizon unlimited customer you can sign up for a free year of Disney+.
We did the other day and are going thru the Marvel series from the beginning. Also get frozen and the Star Wars universe too.
Disney+ is great. My daughter loves it and there have been at least a few things that my wife and I have watched that have been good. It's well worth the regular cost.

Henryj
Bubblehead

Post by Henryj » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:30 am
Henryj wrote:
Henryj wrote:
Music helps.
Get rid of everything from "https" to the "=" sign. :thumbsup:
Thanks.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:05 am

I know this is the "Lockdown Survival" thread and this isn't really on topic, but have any of you read about the doctors who are writing scripts for themselves and their families for that malaria drug?

Apparently pharmacists are reporting the drug is now hard to keep in stock and lupis patients and arthritis patients are finding it difficult to get their legitimate prescriptions filled.

I know we are in crisis mode right now and need every MD we can get, but once this is over I would be naming and shaming those doctors who were pulling this stunt.

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:05 am
I know this is the "Lockdown Survival" thread and this isn't really on topic, but have any of you read about the doctors who are writing scripts for themselves and their families for that malaria drug?

Apparently pharmacists are reporting the drug is now hard to keep in stock and lupis patients and arthritis patients are finding it difficult to get their legitimate prescriptions filled.

I know we are in crisis mode right now and need every MD we can get, but once this is over I would be naming and shaming those doctors who were pulling this stunt.
Just read about it this morning. Here is a fairly good article about it for those want to read more into it. There is a special place in hell for those people.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/03 ... -families/

Henryj
Bubblehead

Post by Henryj » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 am

Please let’s not take this thread down this road.

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 am

Ok. Gonna be the dick. How about if mod deletes posts going down the arguement road. Stick to topic. Unite against thread-jackers.
The Hapa

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:45 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 am
Ok. Gonna be the dick. How about if mod deletes posts going down the arguement road. Stick to topic. Unite against thread-jackers.
Sorry - thought the topic wasn't political in any way at all.

DWC is kinda known for threads going off topic, but if you want to be the topic police, go for it.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:58 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:45 am
HapaHapa wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 am
Sorry - thought the topic wasn't political in any way at all.

DWC is kinda known for threads going off topic, but if you want to be the topic police, go for it.
I don't really consider that topic political or really even debatable (I think we could all agree that's universally bad). Carry on. :salute:
:htfu:

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 am

Not seeing how that’s a political post either...

Henryj
Bubblehead

Post by Henryj » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am

Me, I kinda liked the original direction of this one, sharing ideas and stories of how we’re coping with things. So many threads have started off with “ I don’t mean this to be political” and then it’s “President Cheeto this” and “libtards that”, and before you know it people are calling each other’s dogs harsh names. A separate thread on who needs their asses fried in lard after this is over would be, I think, a better idea. I have a little list, they’d none of them be missed.

I’m just a guy with too much time on his hands, not a mod thank the gods, but I have been bothered by the language used in the main forum.