Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:09 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:53 pm
caesarmascetti wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:32 pm
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:11 pm
Agree.
Chinese should be made to pay reparations to all the countries effected by this. Their attempt to hide the virus, imprisoning the doctor that first discovered it is the reason for the spread. The totalitarian Chinese state is a danger to the entire world
Be careful about going down that path, as similar claims could be made about American politicians' efforts...
Nope, sorry there is no equivalency between communist, totalitarian, Red China and the US, nope not buying it sorry
Nobdy said the US and China are equivalent. But the early response to COVID infections in China and the US was for both administrations to downplay the issue rather than getting on the front foot and people will die as a result.

Now this; https://www.businessinsider.com.au/earl ... ?r=US&IR=T

China did more than "downplay" they arrested the doctor who was trying to warn the world, and also several journalists who tried to get the word out. If they had been honest in November and warned the world as they should have this would have been very different IMO. The best thing to learn from this is that communist, totalitarian China cannot be trusted and should be treated as such. Then to try and spread disinformation that it was US servicemen who brought the disease to China, or threaten to withhold components for medication. The best thing the US can do after this is divest itself from China.

IMO your doing it as well comparing on an equivalent level China and the US
This is entertaining as hell, but believe me - as one who gets to peak behind various curtains once in a while - don't believe a thing you see in the media - from any side of the aisle. Most "news", and I include both US and foreign outlets, rarely include any actual facts. There are scores of people employed by governments, corporations and extremely wealthy individuals, who work 24/7 to produce "news" that the sheeple swallow whole.

I'm not a tin hat wearing conspiracy nut - just saying that a lot of what you see/hear is produced and disseminated by people with an agenda (again, on every side of the aisle) and a giant grain of salt should be taken when consuming "news".

Carry on! :salute:
I agree with you 100% but when sources as diverse as Fox , the NY Times, and VOX all report on how China hid the virus from the world and that they arrested the doctor that tried to warm the world as well as journalists, I tend to believe the reports

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Re: Global slow down...

Post by sierra11b » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:19 am
caesarmascetti wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:54 am
bedlam wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 am
caesarmascetti wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Agree.
Chinese should be made to pay reparations to all the countries effected by this. Their attempt to hide the virus, imprisoning the doctor that first discovered it is the reason for the spread. The totalitarian Chinese state is a danger to the entire world
Be careful about going down that path, as similar claims could be made about American politicians' efforts...
Nope, sorry there is no equivalency between communist, totalitarian, Red China and the US, nope not buying it sorry
Nobdy said the US and China are equivalent. But the early response to COVID infections in China and the US was for both administrations to downplay the issue rather than getting on the front foot and people will die as a result.

China did more than "downplay" they arrested the doctor who was trying to warn the world, and also several journalists who tried to get the word out. If they had been honest in November and warned the world as they should have this would have been very different IMO. The best thing to learn from this is that communist, totalitarian China cannot be trusted and should be treated as such. Then to try and spread disinformation that it was US servicemen who brought the disease to China, or threaten to withhold components for medication. The best thing the US can do after this is divest itself from China.

This is entertaining as hell, but believe me - as one who gets to peak behind various curtains once in a while - don't believe a thing you see in the media - from any side of the aisle. Most "news", and I include both US and foreign outlets, rarely include any actual facts. There are scores of people employed by governments, corporations and extremely wealthy individuals, who work 24/7 to produce "news" that the sheeple swallow whole.

I'm not a tin hat wearing conspiracy nut - just saying that a lot of what you see/hear is produced and disseminated by people with an agenda (again, on every side of the aisle) and a giant grain of salt should be taken when consuming "news".

Then which outlets get close in your opinion?

bedlam
Name: Carl

Post by bedlam » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 am

caesarmascetti wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:49 am
I agree with you 100% but when sources as diverse as Fox , the NY Times, and VOX all report on how China hid the virus from the world and that they arrested the doctor that tried to warm the world as well as journalists, I tend to believe the reports
Did they all report this too?

https://apnews.com/6f2e666485e9abae4bb112251eca77be

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:33 am

bedlam wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 am
caesarmascetti wrote:

a little late don't u think, so to recap...hide, deny, arrest the whistle blowers don't warn the world community in Nov when you should have.....fast forward once it's out and can't be denied anymore exonerate him, oh and by the way he's dead. They own this and the world community should do every thing they can to punish the authoritarian communist regime that is red china, they won't of course but they should

bedlam

Post by bedlam » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 am

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 9/fulltext
We are public health scientists who have closely followed the emergence of 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and are deeply concerned about its impact on global health and wellbeing. We have watched as the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China, in particular, have worked diligently and effectively to rapidly identify the pathogen behind this outbreak, put in place significant measures to reduce its impact, and share their results transparently with the global health community. This effort has been remarkable.

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 am

bedlam wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:35 am
We are public health scientists who have closely followed the emergence of 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and are deeply concerned about its impact on global health and wellbeing. We have watched as the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China, in particular, have worked diligently and effectively to rapidly identify the pathogen behind this outbreak, put in place significant measures to reduce its impact, and share their results transparently with the global health community. This effort has been remarkable.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ch ... ar-BBZQL8Q

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/10/21124881/ ... ganization

https://www.axios.com/timeline-the-earl ... 5faab.html

there are hundreds more

dukerules

Global slow down...

Post by dukerules » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:46 am

Edit: never mind

bedlam

Post by bedlam » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 am

caesarmascetti wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 am
bedlam wrote:

there are hundreds more
My first post stated clearly the Chinese authorities failed to report the scale of the problem early on. The post you just responded to was about Chinese health professionals.

Do you understand there is a difference between govt and health professionals?

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 am

We should de-escalate this.

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:07 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 am
We should de-escalate this.
Agree 100%. There will be plenty of time later to assign and avoid blame later. Let’s just deal with what’s in front of us. I say we start with the spring break beaches. “Nuke’em from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.”
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 am

Who here is starting to get allergies and feels a little worried about it? It's hard to stay sane stuck inside with all this shit going on.

Also, I went to Target today and there wasn't a hand sanitizer in sight. They're definitely not doing their part.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 am
Who here is starting to get allergies and feels a little worried about it? It's hard to stay sane stuck inside with all this shit going on.

Also, I went to Target today and there wasn't a hand sanitizer in sight. They're definitely not doing their part.
I have seasonal allergies and every time I sneeze in the office - everyone stairs at me.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
I try to focus on this:

Of the 14,556 Coronavirus cases reported in the USA today, 14,149 are reported as "mild" and 64 are reported as "serious" or "critical". (and don't forget, you don't get tested in most cases unless you are very plainly symptomatic. Who knows how many more "mild" cases there are walking around or recovered.)

People can't worry about every little sneeze or cough, yet the constant doom and gloom we hear daily makes us want to. It'll be no good dodging the Coronavirus to only give yourself an ulcer or stroke from worrying.
Last edited by Ryeguy on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:28 am

Yeah Kentucky is known for allergies. People are going to lose their sh*t every time someone sneezes, coughs, or sniffles.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:30 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
I try to focus on this:

Of the 14,556 Coronavirus cases reported in the USA today, 14,149 are reported as "mild" and 64 are reported as "serious" or "critical".

People can't worry about every little sneeze or cough, yet the constant doom and gloom we hear daily makes us want to. It'll be no good dodging the Coronavirus to only give yourself an ulcer or stroke from worrying.
My wife has neutropenia (low white blood cell counts) and I’ve been around college kids. Otherwise, I think I’d be a lot more calm about it.

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:34 am

JP Chestnut wrote:

Yup, glad I bought a bottle of 92% alcohol (geez, must have been a year ago) to clean my flashlights. That shit will dry your hands out, but will kill anything, right?
Lance

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:35 am

bedlam wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 am
caesarmascetti wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 am
bedlam wrote:

there are hundreds more
My first post stated clearly the Chinese authorities failed to report the scale of the problem early on. The post you just responded to was about Chinese health professionals.

Do you understand there is a difference between govt and health professionals?
They didn't just "fail to repot," the actively hid it and actively deceived the world....don't you see the distinction there? They jailed people trying to get the word out, that's different than just failing to report. The Chinese own this, because of their actions

What part of a totalitarian country do you not understand they control every aspect of it. The gov't tells them what to say when to say it, and when the gov't doesn't like what they attempt to say they jail them or make them disappear.
Last edited by caesarmascetti on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 am

AZpops wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:34 am
JP Chestnut wrote:

Yup, glad I bought a bottle of 92% alcohol (geez, must have been a year ago) to clean my flashlights. That shit will dry your hands out, but will kill anything, right?
Homemade Hand Sanitizer Ingredients. 2/3 cup 99% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or ethanol. 1/3 cup aloe vera gel. 8-10 drops essential oil, optional (such as lavender, vanilla, peppermint, grapefruit) bowl and spoon. funnel. recycled liquid soap or hand sanitizer bottle.

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:48 am

caesarmascetti wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 am
AZpops wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

Homemade Hand Sanitizer Ingredients. 2/3 cup 99% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or ethanol. 1/3 cup aloe vera gel. 8-10 drops essential oil, optional (such as lavender, vanilla, peppermint, grapefruit) bowl and spoon. funnel. recycled liquid soap or hand sanitizer bottle.
Thanks for the tip! ... :thumbsup: ... Presently, I have the bottle on the side of my cooler. After touching a bunch of stuff, I've been pouring it straight on my palm, then use some gold bond hand lotion. I'll also pour some on my keys.
Lance

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:01 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
My allergies have really flared up the last couple of weeks. The pollen level here in the Bay Area is really bad, my car is covered with it every morning. So of course I have sinus congestion, sniffles etc but nothing that seems to resemble the common coronavirus symptoms. It is, however, easy to imagine that some allergy symptoms are consistent with COVID-19 symptoms given the 24/7 coverage inundating us.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:28 am

logan2z wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:01 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
My allergies have really flared up the last couple of weeks. The pollen level here in the Bay Area is really bad, my car is covered with it every morning. So of course I have sinus congestion, sniffles etc but nothing that seems to resemble the common coronavirus symptoms. It is, however, easy to imagine that some allergy symptoms are consistent with COVID-19 symptoms given the 24/7 coverage inundating us.
Not much re: allergies, but the day-to-day warm weather/cool weather/warm weather plays hell with my sinuses. And every time I feel a scratch in my throat...

But I realize that's just me being self-centered.

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:33 am

caesarmascetti wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 am
AZpops wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

Just saw this;

Lance

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:53 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 am
deepcdvr wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:19 am
caesarmascetti wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:54 am
bedlam wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 am
caesarmascetti wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Agree.

Then which outlets get close in your opinion?
Sup dude

I think you missed my point ;)

I don’t really have an opinion one way or another, just saying that most of what you see, even if it’s real (which some of it is not), is packaged/sold by someone with an agenda.

When I saw the reports of Iran bombing tankers - with grainy videos and all - I spit out my coffee because I know it was some “wag the dog” going on, but people bought it outright...
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:18 pm

AZpops wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

Pretty sure 70-90% alcohol is more potent than >90%. But it’s better than nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Global slow down...

Post by BBK357 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:23 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:
bedlam wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 am
caesarmascetti wrote:

a little late don't u think, so to recap...hide, deny, arrest the whistle blowers don't warn the world community in Nov when you should have.....fast forward once it's out and can't be denied anymore exonerate him, oh and by the way he's dead. They own this and the world community should do every thing they can to punish the authoritarian communist regime that is red china, they won't of course but they should

I hear you. I saw some released video from a family in a Chinese concentration camp. It was on Reddit. Absolutely horrible, the uncle was nothing but skin and bones.
Seemed real to me.

Also their social credit program, or whatever they call it, is incredible. It’s amazing that the government has so much control. You smoke in public areas or jay walk and a drone sees you... then you’re credit drops.

Obviously this virus came from Wuhan. Their blame on the USA for the virus is so far fetched. It’s like Iran blaming the USA when they shot down their own passenger plane.

All that matters now is getting through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak: