BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: Global slow down...

Post by BBK357 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:19 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:08 pm
caesarmascetti wrote:out of the total people that have died, how many were compromised with other health issues?

Same thing with the Flu data.
How many flu deaths are people with compromised immune systems and underlying health issues?
I understand your point- but I also think you’re downplaying this virus. Is it hard to believe that this virus is more deadly than the flu? Why?

And please Jesus- don’t mention it’s an election year- anyone please.
I voted for the almighty trump, and will prob do it again. stop making this virus political. Stop watching the national news and check into your local news once a week.

Are the USA death rates skewed? Of course- testing in the USA is shit right now, and only the very sick are tested. Besides China, N Korea, and Iran, I would not be denying the facts about this virus in other countries. As a healthcare worker, I am very disappointed in the lack of preparedness in this country for any type of outbreak. Please search the article for the nurse who took care of a usa Coronavirus patient, and after she was ill, she requested a test and was told “no, you don’t fit the requirements for who gets tested”. So fuck her and her family, right?

Am I saying go out and buy all the TP, hand sanitizer and beer? Well it’s the USA so go ahead. And throw a case of ammo in your cart while you’re at it.

I went to Walmart the other day for ceiling fan lightbulbs. I installed two new “eco friendly” fan/lights two years ago, LED bulb life stated to be 12 years. 4 out of 8 dead in 2 years. Anyway- I walk into my local Walmart, and right past the greeter, to the left was Clorox spray, antibacterial wipes, and hand sanitizer. And to the right was giant plastic jars of cheese balls and bud light. I’m not joking.
They are totally banking on panic buyers. but it has not hit my area yet.

I hope it’s not bad- but why not prepare, at least a little. Turn off Fox, CNN, msnbc for a week. I think it would do the country some good.
You should've bought the lot of hand sanitizer. People are selling the 39oz bottles for $50 on eBay. I'd cash in on the stupidity. People forget that washing their hands with soap and water is just as effective as alcohol based hand sanitizer.
Wow- crazy.

I’ve been to the store multiple times over the past week and there is no change at all. Except Kroger has a sign in the pharmacy that says “limit 5 of each item: hand sanitizer, medications..”

But- no + virus in our state yet. I guess it could change at any moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:41 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:19 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:out of the total people that have died, how many were compromised with other health issues?

How many flu deaths are people with compromised immune systems and underlying health issues?
I understand your point- but I also think you’re downplaying this virus. Is it hard to believe that this virus is more deadly than the flu? Why?

I voted for the almighty trump, and will prob do it again. stop making this virus political. Stop watching the national news and check into your local news once a week.

Are the USA death rates skewed? Of course- testing in the USA is shit right now, and only the very sick are tested. Besides China, N Korea, and Iran, I would not be denying the facts about this virus in other countries. As a healthcare worker, I am very disappointed in the lack of preparedness in this country for any type of outbreak. Please search the article for the nurse who took care of a usa Coronavirus patient, and after she was ill, she requested a test and was told “no, you don’t fit the requirements for who gets tested”. So fuck her and her family, right?

Am I saying go out and buy all the TP, hand sanitizer and beer? Well it’s the USA so go ahead. And throw a case of ammo in your cart while you’re at it.

I went to Walmart the other day for ceiling fan lightbulbs. I installed two new “eco friendly” fan/lights two years ago, LED bulb life stated to be 12 years. 4 out of 8 dead in 2 years. Anyway- I walk into my local Walmart, and right past the greeter, to the left was Clorox spray, antibacterial wipes, and hand sanitizer. And to the right was giant plastic jars of cheese balls and bud light. I’m not joking.

I hope it’s not bad- but why not prepare, at least a little. Turn off Fox, CNN, msnbc for a week. I think it would do the country some good.
You should've bought the lot of hand sanitizer. People are selling the 39oz bottles for $50 on eBay. I'd cash in on the stupidity. People forget that washing their hands with soap and water is just as effective as alcohol based hand sanitizer.
Wow- crazy.

I’ve been to the store multiple times over the past week and there is no change at all. Except Kroger has a sign in the pharmacy that says “limit 5 of each item: hand sanitizer, medications..”

But- no + virus in our state yet. I guess it could change at any moment.

It will. Every state will be effected by this virus within the next few months. Ohio will probably be one of the last because nobody has a desire to go there or leave. I just hope I can get it early/out of the way sooner.

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:17 pm

BBK357 wrote:

I have no issue with preparing, I have no issue with people on high risk catagories being especially careful, but IMO what I see is a media that is helping to drive hysteria again IMO. The quotes below and the article is referenced is from CDC data:

"The death rate is likely to change further as more cases are confirmed, though experts predict that the percentage of deaths will decrease in the longer term since milder cases of COVID-19 are probably going undiagnosed." From the article below:

https://www.sciencealert.com/covid-19-s ... hould-drop

from the same article:

About 80 percent of COVID-19 cases are mild, the research showed, and experts think many mild cases haven't been reported because some people aren't going to the doctor or hospitals for treatment.

I think my point is still accurate, if you a healthy person with no underlying issues and are not elderly or frail you have very little to fear from this virus. If on the other hand you have other health conditions which have compromised your immune system or are old and frail you should be very careful. IMO the sheer panic we are seeing is just not justified. I will be interested in seeing how this evolves when we see the final analysis and numbers I still maintain the death rate will decline not increase as more cases are diagnosed especially among otherwise healthy people

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:51 pm

My son's school district just closed for the week EDUSD (Elk Grove, CA) because one person somehow affiliated with EGUSD came in contact with someone known to have C19. WTF? You don't think that's a bit of an overreaction? Could be the campus gardner, a parent, a grandparent, who knows!

The economic impact on the school district and its families has gotta be pretty significant and it's coming to a theater near you potentially. They basically called an audible over the weekend saying that spring break would be this week instead of the following week. Gee thanks! So now parent's are scrambling to cover child care, missing work/wages, re-planning vacations, or just going to extend spring break for two weeks which will put the district in a bind on attendance/revenues.

And why is it we can never get a decent answer out of the health authorities? Singapore will throw your ass in jail for six months if you lie to them on C19 epidemiological questioning but here in the USA they can't even mention that Mr. Alias went to the Safeway on Saturday afternoon between 1-2pm. Why not? Wouldn't that information be helpful?

The media is to blame for most of this hysteria. They're irresponsible and out of control per usual. I also blame governments use of declaring "State of Emergencies" which basically means "we're allowing ourselves to take money from this coffer and transferring it to that pocket"

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:15 pm

I heard Seattle has been closing up some schools.

I bet the hand sanitizer companies are cashing in. Anyone remember when they were getting sued for false advertising? https://www.natlawreview.com/article/ma ... ion-claims

Marjak
Name: Mart

Post by Marjak » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:56 pm

Fortunately we don't use tp here in most households....just rinse with water haha

Btw, just read the Israelians might have a vaccine ready in about 3 months time as the covid-19 has similar characteristics as some poeltry virus they have been dealing with there some years ago. Don't know if true though...
- Mart -

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:21 am

As said above, there is really no way to accurately access the true fatality rate of this virus without more tests being performed. My State has the ability today to test only 150 people total. That is nuts.

FWIW, my concern isn’t the fatality % of the virus, it is the limited number of ventilators at hospitals. If enough people get sick enough to require hospitalization, decisions will have to be made as to who gets access to the equipment.

The other crazy thing is how people ignore quarantine requests. We have two presumptive cases here which trace themselves back to a person (who works in an administrative position at a major state hospital). The guy returned from Italy, was asked to self-quarantine, ignored that request and instead went to a party where he spread the virus to two new people.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:21 am
As said above, there is really no way to accurately access the true fatality rate of this virus without more tests being performed. My State has the ability today to test only 150 people total. That is nuts.

FWIW, my concern isn’t the fatality % of the virus, it is the limited number of ventilators at hospitals. If enough people get sick enough to require hospitalization, decisions will have to be made as to who gets access to the equipment.
This. Hospitals are all typically full and in China about 20% of people with the virus required hospitalization. While the U.S. is not China, I wouldn’t call our population healthy and our country has about 50 million people 65 and older. if even 5% of all victims required a hospital stay it will be a crisis.

That being said, the hysteria is completely overblown, but it is crazy how unprepared the U.S. is for this outbreak.

Lukeeesteve
Name: Luke

Post by Lukeeesteve » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:47 pm

I think the panic at the public health is the published 3%+ death rate....

The flu is 1.5 per 10,000
This is 300+ per 10,000

So if 31M people get the virus (estimate of people who get the flu in the US each year), That’s 1M deaths.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:42 pm

If the answer is to rely on self quarantine then we are going to get nowhere. Let's face it, we don't rely on self quarantine for the flu. Most people don't get a flu shot. If you don't recognize the flu until 48 hrs has passed then more than likely you have given it to someone else and the remedy is go home and rest.

Cancelling events and declaring states of emergency this is where we are.....

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Lukeeesteve wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:47 pm

This is 300+ per 10,000

So if 31M people get the virus (estimate of people who get the flu in the US each year), That’s 1M deaths.
The death rate at this time is sku'd because as many as 80% of the cases are going unreported. As more accurate reporting becomes available the detah rate will go down, read the article further up in the thread it explains it well

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:17 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:49 pm
The death rate at this time is sku'd because as many as 80% of the cases are going unreported. As more accurate reporting becomes available the detah rate will go down, read the article further up in the thread it explains it well
I'd wager that most flu cases go unreported, too. :shrug:

chrononut
Name: GB

Post by chrononut » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:18 pm

excerpted from Futurism article January 27, 2020-
In October 2019, a group of 15 business people, government officials, and health experts gathered around a table in New York to plan out the global response to a worldwide outbreak of a never-before-seen — and completely fictional — coronavirus.............
The fictional coronavirus at the center of the Event 201 simulation — a collaboration between the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, the World Economic Forum, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation — was called CAPS............
= want to learn more about the study.... -
https://futurism.com/neoscope/recent-si ... ion-people

...................another article of recent vintage=
GIS Dashboard
In response to this ongoing public health emergency, we developed an online dashboard (static snapshot shown above) to visualize and track the reported cases on a daily timescale; the complete set of data is downloadable as a google sheet. The case data visualized is collected from various sources, including WHO, U.S. CDC, ECDC China CDC (CCDC), NHC and DXY. DXY is a Chinese website that aggregates NHC and local CCDC situation reports in near real-time, providing more current regional case estimates than the national level reporting organizations are capable of, and is thus used for all the mainland China cases reported in our dashboard (confirmed, suspected, recovered, deaths). U.S. cases (confirmed, suspected, recovered, deaths) are taken from the U.S. CDC, and all other country (suspected and confirmed) case data is taken from the corresponding regional health departments. The dashboard is intended to provide the public with an understanding of the outbreak situation as it unfolds, with transparent data sources.
We are currently in the process of conducting additional modeling of this emerging outbreak, and will update this blog post with the results soon....
https://reliefweb.int/report/world/coro ... pkins-csse

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:09 pm

Selym wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:

Thank you. This is what I was trying to say last night.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

R@cerx
Name: David

Post by R@cerx » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:48 pm

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:27 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:09 pm
Selym wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:

here is the article and a quote from it:

The death rate is likely to change further as more cases are confirmed, though experts predict that the percentage of deaths will decrease in the longer term since milder cases of COVID-19 are probably going undiagnosed." From the article below:

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:30 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Selym wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:

I think we're fighting normalcy bias here. :banghead:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:48 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Selym wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:

here is the article and a quote from it:

The death rate is likely to change further as more cases are confirmed, though experts predict that the percentage of deaths will decrease in the longer term since milder cases of COVID-19 are probably going undiagnosed." From the article below:

I get it an understand that. Right is the usa is around 5%.... obviously a false high. But I’m still thinking the death rate is much greater than flu.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

another thing I thought about is the race to find a vaccine. I’ll certainly opt out of that one. The last thing I want to do is inject a rushed vaccine into my body.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

Lukeeesteve
Name: Luke

Post by Lukeeesteve » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:07 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:
Lukeeesteve wrote:

This is 300+ per 10,000

Totally agree..... but the stock market is right now reacting to perception....

Dot com boom was a result of perception the busy was caused by a realization of reality.... same for many dramatic moves in the market.

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Speaking to my physician, given you guys in the Northern hemisphere are coming into your summer, the hit from covid 19 should be less severe.

We've started Autumn, and given the ease of transmission.Those susceptible will be more vulnerable, so the mortality rate for the elderly will increase in addition to those who may have escaped serious symptoms from the flu.

I've probably never washed my hands as much in the past few weeks, which is probably not such a bad thing. No hand shaking going on ATM.
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

bedlam
Name: Carl

Post by bedlam » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:21 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:51 pm
JBZ wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:49 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:04 pm
Selym wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:32 am
The death rate will continue to drop and more and more cases are diagnosed with the testing kits. I would not at all be surprised when this is all said and down if they don't find that thousands have had with little or mild symptoms. IMO this is so much hype over nothing more than the FLU
I hope you're right, but data suggests that this is more virulent than the flu, and lands more people in the ICU than flu. The real danger is running out of hospital beds.

Things don't look so good in China, South Korea, and Italy.
:1:

I do think it’s hyped up for sure, but it’s likely just as foolish to be dismissive.
This. It’s not time to panic. This isn’t airborne Ebola. But it is time to be concerned. I worry about my parents and especially my FIL who’s in an assisted living facility. By all accounts, this thing can do a number on older people and people with compromised immune systems.
Yes elderly and people with other underlying health issue need to be very careful.
COVID-19 is a variant of what we have previously seen as SARS and MERS. Its more transmissable than the flu and remains transmissable after the person has recovered, unlike a flu. Its dangerous to the elderly, respiratory or immune system compromised or those with advanced diabetes.

Avoid crowds, avoid unnecessary person-to-person contacts, wash your hands after contacts with other people or objects others have handled.

It is being overhyped, but to think its nothing to be concerned about is plain wrong.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:14 am

I was just reading in the Navy times no guests at boot camp graduation due to the virus but the graduation will be televised. For them to protect the military from it since we did live in tight quarters were it spreads more easy. This has to be serous in WW1 the troops got the Spanish flue and it killed more than the enemy. And it sucks for me I am in a higher age bracket were it will hit me hard you better hope they come up with a vaccine before you hit my age this virus will most likely still be around when you hit your 60’s and 70’s since we got stupid parents that don’t believe in getting there kids vaccinated.
Last edited by River Rat on Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Post by ncstate1201 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:24 am

River Rat wrote:I was just reading in the Navy times no guests at boot camp graduation due to the virus. For them to protect the military from it since we did live in tight quarters were it spreads more easy. This has to be serous in WW1 the troops got the Spanish flue and it killed more than the enemy. And it sucks for me I am in a higher age bracket were it will hit me hard you better hope they come up with a vaccine before you hit my age this virus will most likely still be around when you hit your 60’s and 70’s since we got stupid parents that don’t believe in getting there kids vaccinated.
Lol at the stupid parents. I totally agree with you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:30 am

Interestingly enough this thing seems to affect children far less than adults.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/heal ... ldren.html

I was at a college LAX game on saturday afternoon and usually the teams line up and to shake hands or touch gloves after the game no line up to hand shake due to the concern with the virus. I understand the precaution but these guys were hanging all over each other breathing on each other in physical contact for 2 hrs during the game, and lining up to touch gloves was gonna be a problem?

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:33 am

Lukeeesteve wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:07 pm
caesarmascetti wrote:
Lukeeesteve wrote:

This is 300+ per 10,000

Totally agree..... but the stock market is right now reacting to perception....

Dot com boom was a result of perception the busy was caused by a realization of reality.... same for many dramatic moves in the market.
Time to buy I bought UAL yesterday at $47. UAL beat it's numbers is well run and was at a high of $96. It will go back up