Name: KidKeith

Don't buy your Rolex from Australia

Post by KidKeith » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:47 am

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Don't buy your Rolex from Australia

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:53 am

Pretty crazy that dude has always seemed legit. Waiting to see how this pans out. If anyone is wondering basically Horology House on youtube (68k followers) sold a Daytona from his personal collection. It was a fake. He does video's on how to spot fakes. He also sold a Rolex GMT that came up missing in the postal service, it was not insured and fake tracking number. Then he took 4.5 moths to pay back the GMT buyers money. This dude is a mod on a Aussie selling forum on FB also.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:03 am

I've watched his videos before and always enjoyed them. Pretty crazy good fake in those macro shots. Scary.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:06 am

I've been following the TRF thread. Just nuts - hard to know who to trust these days. It makes AD's seem a lot more attractive, regardless of the additional cost/sales tax.

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:04 pm

Popping some popcorn right now.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:47 pm

Wow, that’s nuts. He’s developed an online presence and used it to scam people. Douchebag move for sure.

I wonder if there is way to let YouTube know?

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:03 pm

Wow. That’s just crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:21 pm

Crazy, but foreseeable. Anytime you blow up demand and constrict supply there are going to be these situations.

Ironic that they guy has a "how to spot a fake Rolex" YouTube channel, but I guess the old saying "it takes one to know one" kinda applies.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:28 pm

JBZ wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:06 am
I've been following the TRF thread. Just nuts - hard to know who to trust these days.
Nobody. There have been watches that were serviced a RSC that were later shown to be not totally legit.

I’m winding down my watch interest. This is too much bullshit.

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:00 pm

Wow this seems to run deeper than I thought. I saw the statement on the Australian Watch Buyers & Sellers facebook forum, which seems to be taken down now (the message not the forum):

Originally Posted by Chris’ Reply on Australian Watch Buyers & Sellers Forum
Hi,

As some of you may be aware, I recently had a few issues with a lost shipment to a buyer.

From that moment I worked through sorting another for the person, which unfortunately took a lot longer than anticipated.

Coming to the end of the road with the buyer and after a long list of delays, I decided to hand over one of my pieces that I had for some time, a piece that I planned to keep long term.

After shipping the watch, the persons friend (buyer wasn’t in Australia at the time) received it. Not long after receiving the watch, the buyers friend noted that there were some issues with the watch. The buyer contacted me and then questioned its authenticity.

Although I was surprised, to save any further delay for the buyer, we worked through an agreement for the watch and funds to be returned. Upon the arrival of the watch back to me, I issued the funds back to the buyer. I would not issue a full refund until the watch was back with me.

I have inspected the watch that the buyer returned and it is a fake.

I feel sick, stupid, upset, and frustrated that I’ve potentially passed on a fake watch to a buyer. As most of you are aware I am trying to grow HH, I would not intentionally jeopardise that.

As a result I will be stepping away as Admin after building this group for over 3 years and working through.

I do apologise to anyone let down by this.

Chris

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:03 pm

There are a lot of good dudes on Australian Watch Buyers & Sellers Facebook page , so it is a shame that shit like this has happened with an admin. It will be interesting to see if it survives.
I have sold a few watches there because it is easier to deal with local buyers. Shit like this just destroys trust amongst everyone.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Don't buy your Rolex from Australia

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:16 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:
I've been following the TRF thread. Just nuts - hard to know who to trust these days.
Nobody. There have been watches that were serviced a RSC that were later shown to be not totally legit.

Me too. I’m down to four and have lost interest in much of this.
Last edited by hoppyjr on Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matt009au
Name: Matthew Preece

Post by matt009au » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:32 pm

Very troubling. A real shame as well because I've always found the Aussie watch community to be good guys. Is he from Perth as well? If so his bushfire excuse is 100 percent b.s. - that is happening on the other side of the country.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:37 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:16 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:

Me too. I’m down to four and have lost interest in much of this.
I'm just not rich enough to be able to gamble with 10Gs in hopes that the watch I get is actually legit. There's no way every forum power seller is doing exhaustive legit authentications with the volume that they push.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:43 pm

I love some good watch drama. Reading through that WhatsApp transcript posted on TRF is a great view into how a scammer operates. Dude sounds like a complete lying scumbag.
- Todd

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:27 pm

He put that on his IG as well. Total non-apology.

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:31 pm

Very interesting that the other victims appear to be coming out of the woodwork. I know nothing about the watch community in AU or popular YouTube people in general (tho I’ve heard of that Archie dude), but I guess this guy was kind of a big deal?
- Todd

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:10 pm

A bit off topic, but is anyone else baffled by the fact that a replica maker can produce a fake watch that is difficult to tell from genuine but can't manage to get the font on the box right? Bizarre.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:10 pm

mfxr wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:03 pm
There are a lot of good dudes on Australian Watch Buyers & Sellers Facebook page , so it is a shame that shit like this has happened with an admin. It will be interesting to see if it survives.
I have sold a few watches there because it is easier to deal with local buyers. Shit like this just destroys trust amongst everyone.
seems like a mod there went to jail for fraud also. Nicholas Glynatsis https://amp.smh.com.au/business/insider ... 2nuw4.html

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:11 pm

matt009au wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:32 pm
Very troubling. A real shame as well because I've always found the Aussie watch community to be good guys. Is he from Perth as well? If so his bushfire excuse is 100 percent b.s. - that is happening on the other side of the country.
Someone mentioned on Reddit that picture he posted of the fire was stolen from somewhere else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by toxicavenger on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:14 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:31 pm
Very interesting that the other victims appear to be coming out of the woodwork. I know nothing about the watch community in AU or popular YouTube people in general (tho I’ve heard of that Archie dude), but I guess this guy was kind of a big deal?
Personally he was one of the fastest growing youtube channels about watches imo. His content was really good. One other thing is he seemed very open. So if you sent him and email with questions about how to take video's or photography he had no issues helping at all. He also did not seem like a pretentious ass either. I think he had 68k followers.

The reply from him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Name: Nick

Post by Zidane » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:28 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:

Same here man. Sad, but there’s too much risk.

This guy reeks of a Ponzi scheme.

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:29 pm

He’s full of shit and went to the same ethics school as Kobold.
- Todd

1954Selmer
Name: RC

Post by 1954Selmer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:56 pm

I've seen some of his videos. A crooked thief has many faces.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:45 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
matt009au wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:32 pm
Someone mentioned on Reddit that picture he posted of the fire was stolen from somewhere else.
Fuck that guy. I just found him on IG a couple months ago and followed. Rectifying that mistake now...
:htfu: