WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
ncstate1201
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:20 pm
Name: Geoff B
Location: Apex, NC

WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by ncstate1201 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 am

My first real micro, not a bad start with ceramic bezel, bronze case, and meteorite dial

Also never started a wruw thread...
But didnt see one for today, where are the early risers today?Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
DEMO
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: The Blue Planet

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by DEMO » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:29 am

^^^ Nice. I'm wearing my titanium Hammerhead today.

Image
Image

ncstate1201
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:20 pm
Name: Geoff B
Location: Apex, NC

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by ncstate1201 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:30 am

DEMO wrote:^^^ Nice. I'm wearing my titanium Hammerhead today.

Image
Oh man love that one. The bracelet on that looks incredible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 15731
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:34 am

Arrived yesterday; thanks, Todd.



Image
Image

Armidoro
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by Armidoro » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:56 am

Image

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 16894
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:25 am

Image

User avatar
RALAustin
Posts: 3949
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:52 pm
Name: Rob

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by RALAustin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:58 am

Wearing the Daytona for now, as I await Fed Ex and a major incoming. Very excited right now.

Image

User avatar
unixshrk
This. Truth.
Posts: 10133
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:29 am
Name: Chris
Location: North Texas / Colorado

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by unixshrk » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:17 am

Image

User avatar
hidden by leaves
Posts: 1998
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 am
Name: Anthony
Location: Great White North

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by hidden by leaves » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:34 am

Image
Send lawyers, guns and money...

User avatar
hidden by leaves
Posts: 1998
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 am
Name: Anthony
Location: Great White North

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by hidden by leaves » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:35 am

unixshrk wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:17 am
Image
Looking good - I still have my Gen 2, this reminds me I want to get it back on the bracelet after my (fave) coramide strap fell apart :crybaby:
Send lawyers, guns and money...

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 6717
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:48 am

Image
- Todd

User avatar
sub600
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:51 am
Name: Phil
Location: Germany/East

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by sub600 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:53 am

Image
"You're bleeding, man. You're hit."
"I ain't got time to bleed."

Image

★★

User avatar
raf42
Fister
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:02 pm
Name: Rob
Location: California

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by raf42 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:54 am

Image

User avatar
GregBe
Posts: 1177
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:01 pm
Name: Greg
Location: Denver

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by GregBe » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:58 am

Oris really does bronze well.Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


User avatar
Chris S.
Posts: 3969
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: The 614

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by Chris S. » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:23 am

Omega Image

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
...........................................................

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3009
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by unsub073 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:24 am

Image

User avatar
mellonb1
Posts: 3991
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:54 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Texas

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by mellonb1 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:29 am

mattcantwin wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:34 am
Arrived yesterday; thanks, Todd.



Image
:thumbsup: Congrats Matt.

User avatar
mellonb1
Posts: 3991
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:54 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Texas

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by mellonb1 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:30 am

Chocodove wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:48 am
Image
:love: Very nice, Todd. Love it!

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34338
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:46 am

Image

User avatar
RALAustin
Posts: 3949
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:52 pm
Name: Rob

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by RALAustin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:58 am

Switch up, and long post alert!

So, on paper, the blue dial Nautilus 5711 and black dial Aquanaut TT 5164 are an awesome Patek combo, but for some reason I have not been grabbing my 5164 that often for work or weekends.  It is crazy light and looks amazing in pics, but the 5164 (and the 5167 I had before it) wears a little funny on my wrist (it kind of encircles the wrist vs. draping on the wrist) and I guess I got a little bored/annoyed with the one fitted strap option (with no micro adjust).  I also really have no use for the travel time function, and because it was still in pristine shape I have been hesitant to really take the training wheels off and make it my main weekend watch.

With all that in mind, and given how much it has gone up in value after almost 2 years of ownership, I starting thinking about cashing out in December and even had the FS ad prepared last week, but after I decided to sell a couple others I decided to see if I could use it as trade bait for something else.  I thought about Mark/Drster's red sub (and am still thinking about it) and even going for a nice Lange or other dressier watch, but ended up looking at the 5712G and 5726A as a slightly different Patek compliment to the 5711, which is perfect and all I need from Patek on bracelet.  Went back and forth on the 5712G and 5276A.  The 5712 dial is really cool and the idea of white gold is intriguing whereas the 5726A has a more traditional dial with an annual calendar, month, date and moonphase, and a bit thicker and more robust steel case (120m).  Both come with two strap options and RubberB makes a great rubber strap for them that comes in about 6 or 7 different colors.   

In the end, I choose the 5726A.  I like a full sweep seconds hand, still not 100% sold on the lasting power of the 5712 offset dial with my more "all in balance" mind and the 5726 has the bigger, steel case that should work better with my wrist.  So, did a little digging and made a trade offer, and it arrived this morning.  

The 5726A!  All I can say is ... wow, big wow.  Strangely, I like that it has just a little wear on it already; I am hoping I will feel a bit more comfortable wearing it without thinking about adding that first scratch, which never came on the 5164A and always held me back a bit from enjoying it.  It arrived on the black rubberized calf strap and I am liking it a lot, but the black RubberB strap should arrive today as well so it will be great to have options.

Long post over, and on to a couple quick pics!

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Honeybadger
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:11 am

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by Honeybadger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 am

I absolutely love this watch. Thought I’d like it, but it has completely exceeded my expectations. Fit and finish are great, lume is off the charts, “ghost” bezel effect is awesome, even the single pass straps are well done.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 8445
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by 59yukon01 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:09 am

Image

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 6717
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:20 am

RALAustin wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:58 am
Switch up, and long post alert!

So, on paper, the blue dial Nautilus 5711 and black dial Aquanaut TT 5164 are an awesome Patek combo, but for some reason I have not been grabbing my 5164 that often for work or weekends.  It is crazy light and looks amazing in pics, but the 5164 (and the 5167 I had before it) wears a little funny on my wrist (it kind of encircles the wrist vs. draping on the wrist) and I guess I got a little bored/annoyed with the one fitted strap option (with no micro adjust).  I also really have no use for the travel time function, and because it was still in pristine shape I have been hesitant to really take the training wheels off and make it my main weekend watch.

With all that in mind, and given how much it has gone up in value after almost 2 years of ownership, I starting thinking about cashing out in December and even had the FS ad prepared last week, but after I decided to sell a couple others I decided to see if I could use it as trade bait for something else.  I thought about Mark/Drster's red sub (and am still thinking about it) and even going for a nice Lange or other dressier watch, but ended up looking at the 5712G and 5726A as a slightly different Patek compliment to the 5711, which is perfect and all I need from Patek on bracelet.  Went back and forth on the 5712G and 5276A.  The 5712 dial is really cool and the idea of white gold is intriguing whereas the 5726A has a more traditional dial with an annual calendar, month, date and moonphase, and a bit thicker and more robust steel case (120m).  Both come with two strap options and RubberB makes a great rubber strap for them that comes in about 6 or 7 different colors.   

In the end, I choose the 5726A.  I like a full sweep seconds hand, still not 100% sold on the lasting power of the 5712 offset dial with my more "all in balance" mind and the 5726 has the bigger, steel case that should work better with my wrist.  So, did a little digging and made a trade offer, and it arrived this morning.  

The 5726A!  All I can say is ... wow, big wow.  Strangely, I like that it has just a little wear on it already; I am hoping I will feel a bit more comfortable wearing it without thinking about adding that first scratch, which never came on the 5164A and always held me back a bit from enjoying it.  It arrived on the black rubberized calf strap and I am liking it a lot, but the black RubberB strap should arrive today as well so it will be great to have options.

Long post over, and on to a couple quick pics!

Image
Image
Image
Image
- Todd

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 6717
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:21 am

mellonb1 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:30 am
Chocodove wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:48 am
Image
:love: Very nice, Todd. Love it!
Thanks, Brian :cheers:
- Todd

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 27960
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: WRUW Wednesday, Jan.15th

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:26 am

GregBe wrote:Oris really does bronze well.Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Wow Image indeed they do. This one is stunning. Dibs
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DenverBuff, johnh1265, NCOLACIC, Ricky C, sinner and 49 guests