WRUW 2019/11/20

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Captdave
Name: Dave

Re: WRUW 2019/11/20

Post by Captdave » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:42 pm

RALAustin wrote:Switch up!   Hoppy, Blancpain was a great guess, and the Barrakuda is definitely on the radar as the 10th(?) Fifty Fathoms version if you count the Bathyscapes, but the winner is a sixth Omega Ploprof!  The last 3 have all been the monster sized remake first in SS and then in two different versions of TI, but the new arrival is a vintage Ploprof, which I last had between 7 and 10 years ago.

Definitely have a thing for the totally unnecessary Ploprof, and part of me wishes I had kept the newer, titanium version with black dial and no date I had last year, but my real love has always been the smaller, thinner vintage Ploprof with a blue dial.   Upkeep and general worry about vintage has always been the main detractor for me, but this one is a bit of both worlds with a service within the year and new case, dial and hands so it passes a pressure test, etc... and still has vintage charm.  Plus, it had the Omega blue iso strap and buckle along with the Flightmaster type bracelet.  

Congrats Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: WRUW 2019/11/20

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:12 pm

This will look better tomorrow in daylight, but it’s back on my wrist courtesy of a kind southern gentleman.