Now they won't take him seriously!! :roll:
toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm
rockmastermike wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm
I’ll have to give it a shot. Navigating WUS is impossible now with all the ads.

I had an old user account. Would appreciate feedback in the exchange feedback area.

u/0x4d40
Done - feedback left :salute:
I left feedback "One of the best buyers and sellers in the biz. This og watch guy has done thousands of transitions action in the watch world. He puts the WU in Wu-Tang!!"
Among Addictions…None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

Mr_Pacman
Name: James

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by Mr_Pacman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:19 pm

nweash wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:14 pm
I left Matt some feedback. My username on there is passwrdistaco.

When it comes to raffles. Do you guys ever worry some seller wants to get his buddy his watch for cheap?

Say I list a raffle for a watch and my buddy pays the raffle fee. I get x amount of others to do it to cover my watch then just say my buddy won.

Seems easy to fuck with.
I suppose it could happen. the moderators run a pretty tight ship over there and make it very difficult for someone to raffle a watch who isn't a long term raffle member....otherwise a newbie has to send the watch to a senior person to hold the watch in escrow in order to run the raffle.

I felt the same way at first. I stopped feeling that way after the Speedmaster showed up on my front door. :fro:

tyd450
Name: Tyler

Post by tyd450 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:14 am

nweash wrote:

When it comes to raffles. Do you guys ever worry some seller wants to get his buddy his watch for cheap?

Say I list a raffle for a watch and my buddy pays the raffle fee. I get x amount of others to do it to cover my watch then just say my buddy won.

Seems easy to fuck with.
You have to use an automated raffle bot, so you type in a code in the raffle thread that calls the bot based on the number of slots in the raffle, then the bot responds to the thread with a random number within that range and that is the winner

They are doing a Hulk today at 1pm eastern.... $14,500, 100 slots at $145 per slot, should be pretty crazy

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:00 pm

tyd450 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:14 am
nweash wrote:

Seems easy to fuck with.
You have to use an automated raffle bot, so you type in a code in the raffle thread that calls the bot based on the number of slots in the raffle, then the bot responds to the thread with a random number within that range and that is the winner

They are doing a Hulk today at 1pm eastern.... $14,500, 100 slots at $145 per slot, should be pretty crazy
1:100 odds seem crazy but crazier things have happened... I actually ran into a dude today at a restaurant who entered a mini house contest at a home show and won! He couldn't afford the taxes so he has $50k coming his way. Crazy. He was the runner-up! The dude before him thought it was a prank call and forgot he registered!

Also ran into a gal this week who got a scalpel removed from her belly 6yrs after her C-section, complete with gruesome pics. It's been an interesting meet and greet week for sure.

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:07 pm

tyd450 wrote:
nweash wrote:

Seems easy to fuck with.

Thanks for the info. That makes it seem way more legit if I ever wanna risk it.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:14 am

I finally joined Reddit the other day. Still trying to get used to the rhythm of how it’s set up. I definitely don’t navigate quickly or smoothly. Is there a way to keep everything threaded in time order? I get how it shows comments on the same posts in order but I’m just not used to reading it like that.

I’ve gotten bored messing with WUS especially with as annoying as that site is. I’m on my 5th or 6th name on there. Got banned as Torrid around 5 years ago. I think I only didn’t get discovered under my current name because I didn’t make it until I moved states. Either way it’s a waste of time so I may read if I’m looking for something, but posting for me is way down and I immediately regret any sale attempt over there and cancelled my last and decided to just keep it to avoid the hassle. I’ve heard a lot of good about selling at Reddit.

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:50 am

Torrid wrote:I finally joined Reddit the other day. Still trying to get used to the rhythm of how it’s set up. I definitely don’t navigate quickly or smoothly. Is there a way to keep everything threaded in time order? I get how it shows comments on the same posts in order but I’m just not used to reading it like that.

I’ve gotten bored messing with WUS especially with as annoying as that site is. I’m on my 5th or 6th name on there. Got banned as Torrid around 5 years ago. I think I only didn’t get discovered under my current name because I didn’t make it until I moved states. Either way it’s a waste of time so I may read if I’m looking for something, but posting for me is way down and I immediately regret any sale attempt over there and cancelled my last and decided to just keep it to avoid the hassle. I’ve heard a lot of good about selling at Reddit.

I use the Apollo app for iPhone. Helps a lot.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:10 pm

nweash wrote:
Torrid wrote:I finally joined Reddit the other day. Still trying to get used to the rhythm of how it’s set up. I definitely don’t navigate quickly or smoothly. Is there a way to keep everything threaded in time order? I get how it shows comments on the same posts in order but I’m just not used to reading it like that.

I use the Apollo app for iPhone. Helps a lot.
Nice recommendation. 3 minutes into using it and it’s already more intuitive.
:htfu: