New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 12751
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by Joeprez » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:16 am

JBZ wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:25 am
matt.wu wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:14 pm
Does anybody actually like the 2893 implementation of GMT functionality?
I can see it being useful if you’re an attorney, banker, etc that engages in cross border transactions where you’re not traveling, but need to stay in contact with someone in another time zone. Or I guess for anyone who needs to contact people in other time zones for work.

So if I’m in the US and dealing with someone in Europe, I’d want to keep the standard hour hand on my local time zone but easily adjust the 24 hour hand to remind myself of my counterpart’s time zone (for phone calls mostly).

For travel, the Rolex style independent hour hand makes a lot more sense.
That's how I see it. If you travel a lot, I can see the benefit of the Rolex GMT movement. Otherwise I think the ETA works great.
Ryeguy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:59 am
matt.wu wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:14 pm
Does anybody actually like the 2893 implementation of GMT functionality?


I’ve traveled quite a bit with a 2893-2 and it works. On the plus side, every example I’ve owned has been very accurate. It requires more fiddling to set the dual times, but it isn’t like you have much else to do while sitting in on the airplane. I just use my phone to monitor the correct time while I reset the watch.
Great point.
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45719
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:15 am

tmw wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:55 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:50 pm
tmw wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:40 am
(and by the way, has been all positive for me so far with the new service model and US team)
I thought they only have a US rep now and that is it? :shrug:
When I spoke to them, it sounds like they were building a network (or at least more than one person).
Oh okay. Good to know. It seems like the past was the lack of comms between the US division and the Swiss side. The Swiss side was not always in tune with the timelines the US guys provided.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45719
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:16 am

matt.wu wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:14 pm
Does anybody actually like the 2893 implementation of GMT functionality?
Honestly I do. Because I only like the actual look of the hand. I can care less about the operation of it. :mrgreen:

User avatar
spring-diver
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 am
Name: Shannon

New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by spring-diver » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:54 am

More good news to report. I pulled this off WUS Diver forum.

Image

Image


Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Seiko: SBDB001, SBDX001, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Sinn: EZM9, T1, T1B, U1 Pro, 836

Wanted Sinn’s: UX S, 857 S

User avatar
r.palace
Posts: 7202
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 pm
Location: Tray-O-Five

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by r.palace » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:18 pm

Image

Anyone hear about the new AD release ?
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

User avatar
spring-diver
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 am
Name: Shannon

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by spring-diver » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:20 pm

r.palace wrote:Image

Anyone hear about the new AD release ?
ImageImageImage I received just one email.


Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Seiko: SBDB001, SBDX001, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Sinn: EZM9, T1, T1B, U1 Pro, 836

Wanted Sinn’s: UX S, 857 S

User avatar
goaliechris
Posts: 1450
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 pm
Name: Chris

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by goaliechris » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:29 pm

I’ve gotten multiple emails but not all at the same time. Annoying.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 3136
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by tmw » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:31 pm

spring-diver wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:20 pm
r.palace wrote:Image

Anyone hear about the new AD release ?
ImageImageImage I received just one email.


Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

My latest count is around 13 emails from them.

Each one should have a $100 coupon. It would be close to free now.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach
Location: Marin

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by dinexus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:09 am

matt.wu wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:14 pm
Does anybody actually like the 2893 implementation of GMT functionality?
I don't love it for actual travel or moving around, but if I'm going diving and planning on being there for a week or more, it's actually pretty great to just set it once upon landing and then forget it.

shaneotool
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 1:57 pm
Name: Paul
Location: Arkansas

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by shaneotool » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Just noticed the website now says the thickness is 14.1mm including the caseback... This watch is starting to sound exactly like the GMT that has been out for a while - except with a big logo on it and $600 cheaper.

I wish they would do a $1395 sale on the other versions - I would be in for a standard yellow or orange.

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 3136
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by tmw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:51 pm

I love this spec writing....

Case height: 12.5mm, overall height: 14.1mm including case back

Like why would you do that.

You would think they would get this right.

I am glad I am not on this trainwreck that is changing by the minute. With HEV, without HEV, thinner, now thicker.....

At least I have not got any emails today.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 3136
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by tmw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:52 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:15 am
tmw wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:55 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:50 pm
tmw wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:40 am
(and by the way, has been all positive for me so far with the new service model and US team)
I thought they only have a US rep now and that is it? :shrug:
When I spoke to them, it sounds like they were building a network (or at least more than one person).
Oh okay. Good to know. It seems like the past was the lack of comms between the US division and the Swiss side. The Swiss side was not always in tune with the timelines the US guys provided.
There is coordination - as I originally spoke with the Swiss side, and then the US side followed up.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 12751
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by Joeprez » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:03 pm

shaneotool wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:34 pm
Just noticed the website now says the thickness is 14.1mm including the caseback... This watch is starting to sound exactly like the GMT that has been out for a while - except with a big logo on it and $600 cheaper.

I wish they would do a $1395 sale on the other versions - I would be in for a standard yellow or orange.
I think that is a fair price for a new one. Just watch the used market, you can score one for less than that.
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 12751
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by Joeprez » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:06 pm

tmw wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:51 pm
I love this spec writing....

Case height: 12.5mm, overall height: 14.1mm including case back

Like why would you do that.

You would think they would get this right.

I am glad I am not on this trainwreck that is changing by the minute. With HEV, without HEV, thinner, now thicker.....

At least I have not got any emails today.
That's really fishy.
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
spring-diver
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 am
Name: Shannon

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by spring-diver » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:33 pm

Clearly Aquadive’s web site is a hot mess.

The regular BS100 GMT shows 42x49x13 where as the Posiden shows 43x50x12.5 but 14.1 with case back?

Then when you click on “additional information”,on the regular BS100 GMT, it shows 43x49 cm...like WTF?

I know they’re only just typos, but they’re driving me

It seems like no one there knows how to proofread!

My OCD is killing me

Hopefully Aquadive can get it together.... soon.




Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Seiko: SBDB001, SBDX001, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Sinn: EZM9, T1, T1B, U1 Pro, 836

Wanted Sinn’s: UX S, 857 S

User avatar
namor
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 am
Name: Seth

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by namor » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Normally, I'd just take a look at this and move on, but I'm an unabashed Poseidon groupie. Love their regulators.

I expect to be watching for these when they start getting sold used.
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45719
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:04 pm

tmw wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:52 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:15 am
tmw wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:55 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:50 pm
tmw wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:40 am
(and by the way, has been all positive for me so far with the new service model and US team)
I thought they only have a US rep now and that is it? :shrug:
When I spoke to them, it sounds like they were building a network (or at least more than one person).
Oh okay. Good to know. It seems like the past was the lack of comms between the US division and the Swiss side. The Swiss side was not always in tune with the timelines the US guys provided.
There is coordination - as I originally spoke with the Swiss side, and then the US side followed up.
:thumbsup:

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25874
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by BBK357 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:54 pm

It’s all fun and games until you set that GMT hand while in an airplane crossing time zones. Might just open up the upside down.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach
Location: Marin

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by dinexus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:48 pm

spring-diver wrote:Clearly Aquadive’s web site is a hot mess.

The regular BS100 GMT shows 42x49x13 where as the Posiden shows 43x50x12.5 but 14.1 with case back?

Then when you click on “additional information”,on the regular BS100 GMT, it shows 43x49 cm...like WTF?

I know they’re only just typos, but they’re driving me Image

It seems like no one there knows how to proofread!

My OCD is killing meImage

Hopefully Aquadive can get it together.... soon.

Image


Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Looks like it’s been resolved Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
spring-diver
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 am
Name: Shannon

New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by spring-diver » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:40 am

dinexus wrote:
spring-diver wrote:Clearly Aquadive’s web site is a hot mess.

The regular BS100 GMT shows 42x49x13 where as the Posiden shows 43x50x12.5 but 14.1 with case back?

Then when you click on “additional information”,on the regular BS100 GMT, it shows 43x49 cm...like WTF?

I know they’re only just typos, but they’re driving me Image

It seems like no one there knows how to proofread!

My OCD is killing meImage

Hopefully Aquadive can get it together.... soon.

Image


Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Looks like it’s been resolved Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swing and a miss Image

Apparently the Poseidon version is thicker than a regular GMT and it’s longer & wider

Image

Image

This drives me crazy Image

Image

Seriously though, how long would it take to go in and clean up their website 10-15 minutes?

Image


Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Seiko: SBDB001, SBDX001, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Sinn: EZM9, T1, T1B, U1 Pro, 836

Wanted Sinn’s: UX S, 857 S

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45719
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:39 pm

i do not understand this?
The new case design differs from the earlier BS100s, the new physical case wall and bezel height is 12.5mm, and due to the case curvature, the additional 1.6mm case back disappears underneath.
So for clarification, the height on the wrist is 12.5mm and the physical overall height including case back is 14mm

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 3136
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: New Aquadive Poseidon Bathyscaphe GMT 100 Limited Edition

Post by tmw » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:57 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:39 pm
i do not understand this?
The new case design differs from the earlier BS100s, the new physical case wall and bezel height is 12.5mm, and due to the case curvature, the additional 1.6mm case back disappears underneath.
So for clarification, the height on the wrist is 12.5mm and the physical overall height including case back is 14mm
What a cluster. You would think this is freaking easy. Measure it. Show a side freaking pic.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aikiman44, demer03, Emeister, mattcantwin, MDF, mellonb1, tmw and 59 guests