JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Re: WRUW 27-August-2019

Post by JDC222 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:44 am

deepcdvr wrote:Good morning folks!
F20D93D9-4CB0-4F8D-B551-551A69EB11C8.jpeg
Nice combo Paul!!
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 am

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 am

Jeep99dad wrote:The new O&W P-101 this morning
Really digging it

So nice Brice, love it!!
Winston Churchill.

RALAustin
Name: Rob

Post by RALAustin » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:53 am

Switch up to the new arrival! Rolex SD4K! Thanks Pat!

I have owned almost every type of steel Sub, SD and GMT available at some point in the past 15 years or so, but never owned the SD4K when they were easy to find and remotely affordable, and other than the 1665 I sold about two years ago I have not had an older, normal sized SD in probably 10 years. Instead, I had my Subs, GMTs and Daytonas, and an assortment of larger watches from Blancpain, Panerai, JLC, Doxa, etc... until about 3 years ago when I picked up a Deepsea, and currently have the newer Deepsea JC and the SD43.

I love my Deepsea JC and the SD43, but both are just too big for me to wear on bracelet with any regularity to work or otherwise, and are really much better for me on a RubberB strap. And I have had my Subs for so long now that they are a little boring to me, and so I have found myself looking at SD4K pics off and on for the past year or so -- exacerbated by my distaste for the cyclops on the Subs and SD43. I could never bring myself to pull the trigger given the escalating prices, but at this point there is very little I really want out there so have been trying to find a nice one below 13K. I waffled and lost out when Jon posted this one earlier in the summer and so when Pat posted it again I decided not to wait.

First impressions? Love it. I have somewhere around a 7.3 to 7.5 inch wrist, but for work still prefer the Sub/GMT/Daytona size. I am in the minority it seems because I really do love the thinner/wider case of the SubC and GMT IIC for my wrist, but I have also really enjoyed the look and feel of the DaytonaC and the narrower case. The SD4K really fees like a bit more substantial DaytonaC on the wrist vs. the SubC, and with no cyclops just feels so much cleaner looking than the Subs, GMTs and SD43.

I really should do some consolidating - perhaps my original SubC or one of the Doxas or Blancpains, but just cannot bring myself to commit to anything at this point. I do have the Omega blue rubber strap coming tomorrow for my 2018 Omega Seamaster so with that strap I should be good again for a while!

Quick wrist shot compares from today (SD4K) to yesterday (SD43).

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:23 am

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:24 am

Staying with the Sorna here on this end... :)

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:52 am

RALAustin wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:53 am

I have owned almost every type of steel Sub, SD and GMT available at some point in the past 15 years or so, but never owned the SD4K when they were easy to find and remotely affordable, and other than the 1665 I sold about two years ago I have not had an older, normal sized SD in probably 10 years. Instead, I had my Subs, GMTs and Daytonas, and an assortment of larger watches from Blancpain, Panerai, JLC, Doxa, etc... until about 3 years ago when I picked up a Deepsea, and currently have the newer Deepsea JC and the SD43.

I love my Deepsea JC and the SD43, but both are just too big for me to wear on bracelet with any regularity to work or otherwise, and are really much better for me on a RubberB strap. And I have had my Subs for so long now that they are a little boring to me, and so I have found myself looking at SD4K pics off and on for the past year or so -- exacerbated by my distaste for the cyclops on the Subs and SD43. I could never bring myself to pull the trigger given the escalating prices, but at this point there is very little I really want out there so have been trying to find a nice one below 13K. I waffled and lost out when Jon posted this one earlier in the summer and so when Pat posted it again I decided not to wait.

First impressions? Love it. I have somewhere around a 7.3 to 7.5 inch wrist, but for work still prefer the Sub/GMT/Daytona size. I am in the minority it seems because I really do love the thinner/wider case of the SubC and GMT IIC for my wrist, but I have also really enjoyed the look and feel of the DaytonaC and the narrower case. The SD4K really fees like a bit more substantial DaytonaC on the wrist vs. the SubC, and with no cyclops just feels so much cleaner looking than the Subs, GMTs and SD43.

I really should do some consolidating - perhaps my original SubC or one of the Doxas or Blancpains, but just cannot bring myself to commit to anything at this point. I do have the Omega blue rubber strap coming tomorrow for my 2018 Omega Seamaster so with that strap I should be good again for a while!

Wow - that's frkn awesome

#jealous!
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky
Name: Danny

Post by Danny_T » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:39 am

Speedy Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:36 am

RALAustin wrote:Switch up to the new arrival! Rolex SD4K! Thanks Pat!

Yessss. Best daily driver out there. Good value prospect too if you’re into that kind of thing :)
:htfu:

WatchTimes
Name: Jeremy

Post by WatchTimes » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Some really great stuff here!
The SD4K is my ultimate daily beater (till I get a 666 matte SD)
The DD 40 Everose and Green dial makes me drool! Green is my favorite color!

Anyway as I said earlier I had the Breitling on but had to swap it for an incoming which I am now wearing.
I know it is not a watch many of you would go for at all BUT at the price I got and with what my other business is there is no way I could turn it down. Its 46 mm which is much bigger than I usually wear but said Id still get this due to the theme and my business BUT I have to admit it is actually VERY comfortable, they way they design the case and strap is quite unique, they 4 discs in the corners mold to your wrist.
A9I71yjjQieqfj4wKrOZ+g.jpg
617B5805-4EB7-42BC-BA1C-0A4DA910B42B.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cabaiguan
Name: Raf

WRUW 27-August-2019

Post by Cabaiguan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Bathy and the Stook...

"A ship of war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Cabaiguan

Post by Cabaiguan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:23 pm

RALAustin wrote:Switch up to the new arrival! Rolex SD4K! Thanks Pat!

Ooofa! That’s how you do it! I’m a fan of the 16600. Had it a couple of times and flipped them. To me the 5 digit Rolex are far more attractive. The SD4k maintains the classic look and feel. Image

Cabaiguan

Post by Cabaiguan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:25 pm

WatchTimes wrote:Starting out the day with this. My father was never a watch guy but had his private pilots license and owned his own plane so the Navitimer was a natural choice for him. He passed it to me about 15 years ago as he loved my passion for watches. He bought it new many eons ago

I say starting out the day with this as I’m on my way to this office to pickup and INCOMING!!! :bananastoner: And I know it’s one that would make him chuckle.
291D4357-85FC-4262-96BB-0A8301864B98.jpeg
9205A76C-8C4C-4709-92A3-A7180BEE52B1.jpeg
Man...some killer watches on today’s WRUW. What a beautiful Navi!

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:26 pm

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:35 pm

RALAustin wrote:

'Atta boy, Rob! I leaned in on the 43 which seemed better balanced for me. Can't go wrong either way. :cheers:
WatchTimes wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:06 pm
The SD4K is my ultimate daily beater (till I get a 666 matte SD)
Just leaving this here...the matte Triple-Six is high on my list of all-time favorites. 5-digit Sea-Dwellers are damn near perfect IMO (and getting way too overvalued for a beater)

Last edited by TSD on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:18 pm

Tockr Skytrain Tonight

Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:34 pm

RALAustin wrote:

So want your problem Rob. Hoping to pick up in the next few years a SD43 or a DB. J
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

Ruggs
Name: Andrew

Post by Ruggs » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:37 pm

Zodiac tropic X Squale